Natsu Videos Thread

Yeah PO grab is okay to try but remember the grab can't be mixed up with A grab because you can only get the B throw in PO, so it should be teched every time. You can do the dash cancel then grab instead for either A or B grab if you preferred that.

He was referring to the PO grab I believe, and yes it will be jumpable. It's jumpable after normal A+B as well.
Ah, I see. Going off memory I think PO grab post 4A+B6 ground hit is viable provided the Natsu player does enough to deter rolling. I lost my notes on this but I think only a small minority of characters can evade PO B+K without standing up, and 4A+B6 → exit PO → 1A will catch longer rolls (near the edge, e.g.).
That said, once I get the opponent to stand up I prefer to use PO B over PO throw (unless landing the throw would result in a KO). PO B offers more flexibility (it can be delayed so as to increase the chances of the opponent standing up and blocking it or getting CH by it), and a blocked PO B is significantly more dangerous to the opponent than a broken throw attempt.

I think PO B in general ought to be used more. It's significantly slower at neutral than, say, Pyrrha Ω's 4B, but it has the threat of PO teleport and PO A:6 interrupts protecting its startup time, but it does incredible guard damage and most players who are in danger of being guard broken will opt for suppressive tactics (interruption, knockdowns, etc.) which are precisely the sort of tactics that Natsu can shrug off and exploit for free damage.

Regarding PO cancel 1A, it's possible to both roll and block low which will end up making the PO grab and PO B whiff, as well as blocking the 1A. The viable option for Nat here in my opinion is 1B/1K after exiting PO, or alternatively try this:

In that situation, PO B/PO B+K is a mid/low mix-up. If it's not done immediately then it can be stepped. As for the one or two characters who might be able to get out of PO B+K, I wouldn't worry about that. If someone's going for JG on PO B, they will take a PO B+K - if they try to block low for PO B+K, they will take a PO B.

I really wouldn't recommend PO grab because it's a simple B break that everyone can mash and get out of. PO dash cancel then an A grab works for me a lot until it's being figured out, then it's back to a standard A/B grab mix-up. It's easy enough to tell whether Nat's still in PO or if she's exited it, so the PO grab should always be teched. That's not to say that the PO grab will never work, because it can and does, but it is no more than an easily escapable gimmick.

I actually use PO B all the time, I'm known for doing PO B chains, sometimes 3 or 4 in a row if the opponent keeps respecting. It is an under-appreciated move. Keep an eye out for my PO Bs whenever I show up on streams or on my own stream whenever I decide to turn it on. I have many fights where I'm doing PO B every time I'm at advantage if the person I'm fighting isn't dealing with it correctly.

EDIT: Remember that when you do a PO dash cancel during oki, you are basically sacrificing all of the advantage Nat had if the opponent gets up straight away. You could see that as a mix-up in itself; if they don't get up straight away and you exit PO, you are up close after a PO dash with advantage for 1B/1K ground poking. If they do immediately get up, you are up close after a PO dash then PO exit, but at neutral or worse (PO exit recovery frames).

The mostly useless PO grab without a dash glitch is actually useful here but is a pretty difficult input to get down consistently.

Ah yes that version. You get a PO B on mis-input there which isn't bad thankfully. Doing the PO grab with dash from round start will reach the opponent which is nice. If the grab itself could be mixed-up with an A throw then you could see it as a long-range grab but sadly it's always B unless you do dash cancel to exit PO.

I lost this video during SCV's prime and just re-discovered it on one of my old hard drives. Happy to finally be able to upload it though, albeit late in the game.

Enjoy. See everyone on SCVI.

Back