Natsu's 3A (And the CH effect)

TxA

[09] Warrior
So I was wondering about 3A. It seems like a cool move, looks pretty nice, however when it comes down to its use in fights, what do you think of it? Do you use it much? When is it best to?

Also, regarding its Counter Hit properties, what can I fit into that window? I tried various mids, lows and grapples, even CE, but none of them made it into the stun window.

You just get a lot of advantage instead of a combo. kAb uses that move when he JGs Xiba's 6B because it is a punish. If Xiba does the follow up kick, Natsu gets the CH for a mid/back-throw mix up

3a has some very specific uses in certain matches.

Against Xiba, if you jg his 6b and try to a:6, the k follow up will go around a:6 and hit you. 3a will punish the 6b on jg and if he does 6bk, 3a will ch in the back for a free back throw/ power mid mixup.

3a can be used in a similar manner against ivys 214b or 3b. No jg necessary here, if you block a move of hers and sniff out a 3b or 214b 3a ch in the back.

Leixia after blocking po b likes to 1b+k to avoid the mixup. 3a ch in the back here as well. I need to test and see at what frame advantage this works at. See if +6 or +4 work as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I shall take a close look at those character-specific moves in training and get familiar with pulling 3A at the right times.

I really can't see the purpose of this move outside of MU-specific situations. Whenever I see a Natsu land CH with it they always pick a grab follow-up, so whenever I get hit by it I always duck and get a free punish.

If I really wanted a good mid/throw mix-up set-up then I would use PO B. If it was safe I would use it but it's -13 so no thanks. It should be -8 or something.

Natsu's 3A should be the equivalent to Leixia's WR A in the sense that it sets up the mid/throw mix-up on CH.

It's i19 as well LOL.

Back