Need help vs Mitsurugi

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirebyrdXX

[08] Mercenary
If you wanted my opinion, this is her absolute worst matchup. His power and reach are both better without being Siegfried level of slow and he's hard to punish. His verticles track so side dashing is unreliable at best, and he even has that reverse lunge more to move out of 236B4 range. I discovered that 236K CAN hit if he uses this, but it badly badly punished if he doesn't. Does anybody else have troubles have this opponent? Or, if you can beat him reliably, what tips do you find helpful when dealing with this blasted samurai?

Much obliged.

The guide offers advice on how to play Mitsurugi and some on how to counter him: http://www.future-press.com/SC5_Mitsurugi.pdf Its a good idea to learn what a character can do yourself if you are having trouble against them.

You can quick step his verticals. Learn what you can 236B punish (anything listed in the guide there as -14 on block). His mixups are unsafe when you do block them. Remember to punish regular 2kB even if you get hit by it with 236B. When you do land a hit, keep on applying pressure, you're faster than him. Break A when your back is to the edge, as his A+G throw rings out to the front. You can also try back dashing and 236B or 44B'ing when he attacks and whiffs, his range isn't all that spectacular.

I'd avoid using 236K in general, its really slow and really unsafe on block. Something like 6B+K is a much faster/safe tech crouch move.

There are definitely far worse matchups than Mitsurugi for Pyrrha. I'd say its either even or in Pyrrha's favor, no way its against Pyrrha.

OK, well who would you consider her worst matchup then and for what reasons? I've faced most of the players online, but Mitsurugi is one of the very few where even mediocre players seem to have an upper hand on me. I have a 72% win ratio so I'm not a bad player, I just feel this to be a difficult matchup. Bad players are bad players and I have no trouble against bad Mitsurugis, but even competent ones give me trouble.

6B+K does not reach when he does his reverse lunge after block, 236K is the only one that does. Admittedly it isn't safe, like I mentioned, but if he DOES do this attack after block its the only move that can hit him.

Naturally not all of his verticles cant be sidestepped but he consistently seems to catch me. I mainly need help in approaching him from afar. What would you say is the safest way to close the gap and get in close where you're safest?

Mistsurugi does give pyrrha trouble, when they play the backstep / mist stance game.
other then him really good astaroth that space well is the only other bad matchup for me.
and Hilde hit close for 3rd.
everyone eles seem find to me for now.

I lost to Mitsu 5 more times last night. More than half of my total losses are against this opponent. With slight lad you simply cannot quick step those verticles reliably, I'm sorry. I might have to attempt a new turtle strategy and simply be retaliatory.

He's pretty unsafe...

His 3B is a (really) free stab.

His 4B (reel back and stab move) can be pretty annoying, but it's steppable and you can also use stab to sometimes reach far enough to hit him on its startup (but sometimes he will outrange you, its a good move).

His down K, B is unsafe on HIT. stab him every time.

His mist A (Big horizontal slash with a lot of range, -12 with pushback, so basically safe on block) is a high...good to know if they abuse it, crouch & stab.

Mist KB is -15 on block...stab.
His fast moves in mist are either highs or lows...so crouching or doing TC moves against mist isn't a bad idea. His fast mid from mist (b+k) is unsafe, -14 so stab him if he gets liberal with it. His other main mid is slow enough to see and block on reaction.

Tech A Throw if your back is to the wall or the ring edge...it rings out AND wallsplats, very good throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back