New Blazblue game! "Chrono Phantasma"

Does this Blazblue CS sequel interest you

• Hell yes!!!

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • lol no.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I might be interested, but I need more info.

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
Japan attempted to adopt the 360 in the beginning of it's life and it just didn't work. The Japanese consumer base does NOT like the Xbox (ie Japan doesn't give a shit about the American console). So obviously the developers who DON'T pander to the west don't give a shit about the console either (Sony does pander to the west, obviously). They (japanese developers) tried to make games for the western console and got burned through lack of sales (doesn't help that a good amount of western games shit on japanese games in this era anyway). You can't blame them for saying "fuck it. forget it". I certainly don't. I like eastern games so I'm getting a PS4 at some point. And since I know Sony also panders to the west while Microsoft doesn't give a shit about the east, I'm getting the best of both worlds.

True... Microsoft neglects Japan, and so does Sony.... BUT, that's for a reason.

Japan's gamer market is much, much smaller than Europe and especially USA. If you look at the demographics for game buyers globally. Japanese gamers only make up 15% of the market. USA and Europe dominate the gamer market, so it makes sense from a successful sales point to target key market points, even if they are international.

I mean you could always be some Japanese exclusive console maker, you can adopt a hard core niche market, but you'll never expand to be a very big console company. Nintendo is a prime example, they are a Japanese company, but statistically their products sell much, much better in the USA than over in their own country.

EDIT: You'll notice most Japanese console exclusive games are really really low budget? Not epic like Halo or KillZone? It's because they budget their development costs knowing their game won't sell very well. How gloomy is that?

True... Microsoft neglects Japan, and so does Sony.... BUT, that's for a reason.

Japan's gamer market is much, much smaller than Europe and especially USA. If you look at the demographics for game buyers globally. Japanese gamers only make up 15% of the market. USA and Europe dominate the gamer market, so it makes sense from a successful sales point to target key market points, even if they are international.

I mean you could always be some Japanese exclusive console maker, you can adopt a hard core niche market, but you'll never expand to be a very big console company. Nintendo is a prime example, they are a Japanese company, but statistically their products sell much, much better in the USA than over in their own country.

EDIT: You'll notice most Japanese console exclusive games are really really low budget? Not epic like Halo or KillZone? It's because they budget their development costs knowing their game won't sell very well. How gloomy is that?

Sony might neglect Japan, but it definitely not in the same degree that Mircosoft does. Also, the only demographic where Microsoft shows a clear dominance is the US. Europe is more or less the neutral ground. Meanwhile, Sony is obviously dominating Japan. Nintendo is basically in their own little bubble and with IPs like Monster Hunter in their hands now, they are definitely getting the sales in Japan.

As for low budget, most Japanese developers tend to care about game design and game mechanics more than than the hollywood experience (which is where most of the money is blown on in most western games development). So that isn't really ever a huge focus for them. Sure there are some exceptions (like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear) but their success in the west in comparison to other good eastern games (like the Tales of series) shows that the western market has grown to just want (at least point isn't not even just a want, it's an expectation) movie like experiences in their games. Meanwhile, the Japanese market isn't about having hollywood in their games. It's nice, but it's not an expectation. And to be perfectly honest, I'm of the same mindset. The western game industry essentially wants to be hollywood and that's something I don't agree with. Hence, I'm not the most in favor of the direction western games have been heading toward.

Sony might neglect Japan, but it definitely not in the same degree that Mircosoft does. Also, the only demographic where Microsoft shows a clear dominance is the US. Europe is more or less the neutral ground. Meanwhile, Sony is obviously dominating Japan. Nintendo is basically in their own little bubble and with IPs like Monster Hunter in their hands now, they are definitely getting the sales in Japan.

I think any Japanese company that dominates in USA is doing three times better than a Japanese company dominating in Japan, because captivating the western market (as being more than triple the size of JP's market) will make you a lot more successful. But of course like you said, it depends on the style of game. For instance an movie style anime-shooter game will sell FAR better in the USA, but a game like Agarest war, a classic JP type game, will sell better in Japan.

Sure there are some exceptions (like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear) but their success in the west in comparison to other good eastern games (like the Tales of series) shows that the western market has grown to just want (at least point isn't not even just a want, it's an expectation) movie like experiences in their games.

I think that's mainly because the western culture is a lot different from the Japanese culture. I notice games like half-naked anime girls in a bullet hell game (like Touhou for instance) will sell great in Japan, but the USA market won't even touch it. Hell, how many people in the USA or Europe know what Touhou is other than Otakus? xDD Vice versa, virtually no Japanese gamers play Call of Duty.

Platinum Games is a Japanese company who makes amazing titles like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Metal gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns... But they ALSO made a Wii-U exclusive called Wonderful 101. Now they only released it in Japan so far, but the sales have been absolute shit! 20,000 copies sold so far, that's horrific sales for them. Because like you said, their action games sell like hot cakes in the US, so they usually want to stay true to their market. Japan is a bad demograph for Platinum Games, because they cater to the preferred style of the westerners.

Last edited:
I think that's mainly because the western culture is a lot different from the Japanese culture. I notice games like half-naked anime girls in a bullet hell game (like Touhou for instance) will sell great in Japan, but the USA market won't even touch it. Hell, how many people in the USA or Europe know what Touhou is other than Otakus? xDD Vice versa, virtually no Japanese gamers play Call of Duty.
To go a bit off topic I know what Touhou is without being an otaku or being labeled as such and so do a fair amount of people (not many but better than virtually none).

Now to go back to the real topic, I'll see ya'll on BBCP with my broken Kokonoe ;D

God you guys are so annoying lol. None of this shit matters.

It's not about porting it's about production in general. Whatever the cost of production for the system vs sales is all it is, so they will not do it for CP, at least not yet. That's it, it doesn't matter.

PS4 hitting japan late sucks dicks for japan. They deserve to be annoyed. What can we do about it? NOTHING. Quit arguing on a Blazblue thread about international happenings for things unrelated.

My thoughts exactly yuna, we were all just agreeing to disagree kindly.
its always the pony guys who overeact
Trollzama.png i kid lol
I'm surprised you can read this tiny ass text

BlazBlue CS Extend needed more features IMO, that's probably why it sold poorly, thinking back on it now.... (Aside from being impossible to find other than buying it virtually!)

You got 1 new character, Relius Clover, and 2 new modes. At least now they are giving you 4 new characters, I pray to go BlazBlue doesn't go the route of King of Fighters. KOF12 IMO I think was a disaster because they took out fan favorite characters like Kula and Mai... Then all you could play as a bunch of random guys nobody cared about... xD Random sumo wrestle... random martial artist...

At least my main home girl Noel Vermillion gets a new costume!! >:D

His run animation is awesome too. Cutting the ground as he does. Playstyle wise my favorite of the new character.
Kokonoe is, to me surprise, my favorite in terms of character

I just know that Tager distortion has to illicit a fantastic reply frommTager like "this is insane!, lol.

As for Extend's poor sales, that was kind of across the board wasn't it? I mean 540,000 CS copies to 80,000 CSE copies on PS is itself a pretty substantial dip. Sadly, I feel partly responsible for the 360 not seeing a BBCP release. I happily bought all the slightly over priced DLC chars and felt gipped by CSE's release as a 60 dollar standalone game. It didn't seem like there was enough content to warrant the purchase to me. But it doesn't seem I was alone at that. If Arc is truly worried about poor sales then the best defense is to build a game that people can A: Get hyped about and B: Offers a robust enough content package that people feel justified in their purchase.

If the plan is to release "BBCP Temporal Redux" six months down the line for another 60 dollars (after you've purchased your Kokonoe DLC) then I'd be fine waiting for "actual" version of CP, provided it ever comes. Frankly though BBCP looks like a good buy, with five new characters, new backgrounds, new story etc it's kind of hard to dismiss it as a "glorified patch" as some did with CSE. I kind of wish I could talk to them candidly about what they're planning and what they're scared of, but that's not going to happen.

His run animation is awesome too. Cutting the ground as he does. Playstyle wise my favorite of the new character.
Kokonoe is, to me surprise, my favorite in terms of character

His run animation is cool, but his play style looks too much like Haz's. Maybe that only because I am watching him and not actually playing as him. Still, I really wish they would add Trinity Glassfield and Nine.

His run animation is cool, but his play style looks too much like Haz's. Maybe that only because I am watching him and not actually playing as him. Still, I really wish they would add Trinity Glassfield and Nine.

Next game, or post-console-release DLC.

I guess they confirmed it will be a PS exclusive... =P There is always hope in the future, but man.. I wish anime style games would sell better on Xbox. Hopefully now because next gen XB1 won't be region locked for games, so you can play Japanese games without a JP console.

I guess they confirmed it will be a PS exclusive... =P There is always hope in the future, but man.. I wish anime style games would sell better on Xbox. Hopefully now because next gen XB1 won't be region locked for games, so you can play Japanese games without a JP console.
Ya i always wondered why they did do it for the 2nd or 3rd gen 360s.

Back