[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

I'll be at GU, I'm bringing my 360 and an Asus VH236H with a copy of SCV, SFIV and UMvC3. SCV will probably be in it all night (long, hurr). I'll be rolling in around 10:00 at the latest. Can't wait!

Need more people in southern CT to play.

Or at the very least, on XBL.
When ever i'm on, im willing to play since online is my only outlet at the moment because of school.

DS: If I can find time that matches up with yours, I would gladly meet you at GP and has things out. I unfortunately have very little time between school and work but after reading your post, I agree and as long as they are open to allowing some space for 4-5 monitor set-ups, I'm sure that would be perfect.

Good fucking games tonight guys. I just got home - it's 4:24, and I'm pretty fucking tired. DS, Grimace, Jian, everybody, it was great to see you all. I look forward to more sessions VERY soon :D

Shoutouts to eightyeight for streaming the entirety of the SC casuals tonight. They can be found recorded at twitch.tv/gameunderground.

GG'S at GU last night guys. Had a great time seeing and catching up with my old buddies Idle, Tocool, Nightblade and Narcotic. Also good to see some of the new blood showing up. Glad to have discussed things abut GPUSA with you guys in person as well. I'll be seeing you guys at TnT and GU.

Whiteshadow - just keep in touch bud. Myself, Idle, Tocool, and Jian are planning on getting together and heading over there sometime to hash things out, hopefully its a time that will coincide with you. We'll be hammering out the details here on the board, so just keep an eye out.

The most meaningful thing I can say about sc5 at this point is...it doesn't bore me to death. I know that doesn't seem like much to most people but to me that shit is obscenely important.

Hi everyone. I have been working out the specifics with cla regarding a nh event. Here is what I have assessed from the comments online and what I've seen at the tournaments I have attended.

There is a market demand for quality tournament series for the fighting game community throughout new england People are willing to show up with set ups and travel for hours in order to meet solid competition.

But in order to attract the regional crowd, there needs to be an established core group that is regularly meeting up for casual/tournament play. People are willing to pay a venue fee. But, unless there is the opportunity to win a decent pot+bonuses, willing participants will not shell out more then five or ten dollars in venue fees.

If the goal is to run a intermediate sized event with 35-45 people in attendance, there will need to be a successful track record of us as tournament organizers.

The 15 dollar venue fee in cla's post was due to the fee required to reserve the event hall at the best western. 700 dollars! If the objection from the onset is that the fee to enter is too high , the it is far easier to find another location the. To try and convince everyone.

I would love to have an event in Keene. But I understand that as an aspiring tournament organizer, the burden is on me to create demand for my event. If there are vocal critics over an event, then I need to do what I can to satisfy my customers (the players and spectators). I will be doing research during this weekend and making some calls on other potential venues.

Let me also put out this idea. Tell me what you all think. Would any of you be interested in a bar fights styled event. A series of events that could assist cla and I in raising the necessary money needed to run a big tournament. Based on the objections on this board, this sounds like the appropriate course of action in order to make the big tournament in nh a reality.

The other avenue I can see myself pursuing is finding a small event space that will allow the core vt/nh/ma/me group to form. I understand this is not what you were intending cla. I was all hyped about throwing down for that huge hall, but the customers are speaking vocally against the fee amongst other complaints.

Feedback please.

Michael Garcia.

Love love loving the amount of venues and tournament opportunities that are popping up!! I would be willing to drive to NH for a tourney. 15 is a teensy bit rough, but if the payout and attendance was good enough (i.e. it became a Major), I'd be down. What would the tournament entree fees be? Or are you still working that out?

For those looking to start a scene in Keene - maybe you could try the local colleges as a place to build up support and provide a place for set-ups? Keene State College and Antioch University are both located there and Franklin Pierce is in Rindge which is only 20 minutes away. There are probably some college kids who would like to have a gaming/fight night on campus regularly.

Anyway, I had a great time at GU - thanks to everyone who put up with my scrubbiness and told me how to actually defend against stuff. :D And a BIG thanks to Dagon for helping me get to GU in the first place.

Randomly got matched up with Icychains over XBL last night. Also sent FR's to Lasercakes, Kona, janejana, Cla and Dagon. Hopefully we can all get together in a room sometime for some casual practice. GG's to Tocool as well, sorry you had to put up with playing all my scrubby "lets try this character" casual.

That place in Dedham looks pretty cool, anyone want to get up and head out there sometime?

*EDIT* janejana - so you were the one who tried to play me at GU, but didn't have a pad to play on? As a fellow pad player, I have the same problem, because I own a 360 and am not willing to spend $50 for a PS3 pad. However, Jian recommended this sweet site with a PS2 to PS3 converter that is very reasonably priced. Also, PS2 pads are cheap and easy to find. I'm ordering one so that I don't have to worry about not being able to use a pad when I play on PS3(which is ALWAYS at Tournaments).

If you're on PSN (which you are) hit me up on SC_Nightblade. I'm still pretty baffled that this netcode is so fucking good.

PSN: eightyeighty8

Still have no idea what the balls I am doing, other than A is a stabby thing and B is a different stabby thing.

Quick question, can you not guard high/low while neutral teching? The pathetically insufficient manual and lack of tutorial mode doesn't seem to touch on this at all. (The lack of a legitimate tutorial mode/information is the probably the biggest problem with every single fighter that's come out in the last few years)

Back