[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

I have experience in running 2D fighter tournaments. I have no idea what the ruleset will be for SFxT though. Also, who's coming down to TNT tomorrow (or later today for you literal peeps)?

..Good news. I've found a hotel in Brattleboro, vt that will be far less expensive then the best western in Keene. This is the holiday inn express. Venue fee will only be $5.00. March 11 is the date that works, given their availability. This is a Sunday. there is not another sat open until april although they do have feb 25 open. I would not be able to run the tournament on that day (daughter's birthday.)

If a set up is brought then I would waive the fee. The plan is to run as many games as possible. If your game is not on the list simply request it.

Sf ae
Umvc3
ScV
Sf X tk
Mk9
Kof13

These will all have a 10 dollar buy in. I'm also thinking of hiring a caterer to take care of everyone when they get hungry. I will update all of you when I find out how much that would be. We will have the room from 12:00 am until midnight. Stay tuned. It's time for new England to grow.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brattleboro
100 Chickering Road
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Near intersection with Putney Road

Well, it seems that the VT guys have gotten something definitive nailed down, so I will likely hold off on running an event until at least mid-April. It doesn't make sense to schedule 3 tourneys in 3 weeks (VT, Mine, BONE) so soon after WinterBrawl. But, it'll allow me more time to plan and hopefully the rules for SFxT will be ironed out by then and I'll know definitively what players will want me to run.

My only concern with this Vermont tourney is that it takes place on a Sunday. If it were to be held on a Saturday, I'd perhaps get a room and stay in VT. However, it's just not feasible for me to drive to Vermont and back in one day after a lengthy tournament. I'm afraid a lot of people may balk at that as well. I work M-F myself, as I'm sure many do. I can do local tourneys like CT and MA on a Sunday, but VT is a bit of a stretch. I certainly hope you are still able to get a huge turnout, and wish you the best of luck. You may also want to consider running KOF XIII at your tourney, as there is a surprisingly large following for it in MA/CT.

@dsblackfox. I went ahead and added kof. As far as the day is concerned. That's simply an availability issue. Hopefully not too many people will dettered from coming.

I hope so, too. I'm really glad you guys have something going and you're working on establishing a scene. Who knows, I may take my wife on a weekend trip to Vermont, maybe visit some of the breweries like Magic Hat, Long Trail and Otter Creek, and take that Monday off, so there is perhaps I chance I can make it. We'll see. Either way, I hope it turns out well. Is there considerable local interest (in VT/NH), or will this be an event to try and stir up the local interest? I'm intrigued to play VT/NH folks.

I have experience in running 2D fighter tournaments. I have no idea what the ruleset will be for SFxT though. Also, who's coming down to TNT tomorrow (or later today for you literal peeps)?
I'll be there, probably around the same time I got there last week. I'm bringing my setup for MK9 again, although I'm not bringing my monitor cause last time I was there y'all had hells of TVs, and lugging the monitor around is kind of a pain in the ass.

I'll be there, probably around the same time I got there last week. I'm bringing my setup for MK9 again, although I'm not bringing my monitor cause last time I was there y'all had hells of TVs, and lugging the monitor around is kind of a pain in the ass.
It's cool man. Just bring your setup with normal AV cables.

GG's last night MK_P, I look forward to more matches with your Pyrrha! You seem right at home with this game - it's nice to see. :D

gg's everyone else who showed to GU as well - Michael was just the only one I really got to sit down and grind with because I was so damn busy with customers.

GG's last night MK_P, I look forward to more matches with your Pyrrha! You seem right at home with this game - it's nice to see. :D

gg's everyone else who showed to GU as well - Michael was just the only one I really got to sit down and grind with because I was so damn busy with customers.
Yeah, good games. I will some day figure out when it is okay to push buttons against Siegfried.

Yeah, good games. I will some day figure out when it is okay to push buttons against Siegfried.
Better hurry. I just learned I get a free 22BB or 66B after blocking the first hit of her 66bA+B+K for 58 dmg. :D

... and I can aGI her 4AaA+B+K on the last hit for a free BH B 22BB for 91 dmg. WEEEE ^_^ better get in the lab!

Impact was even better this week and was a complete success. We increased our numbers, improved our playing space and managed to surpass every expectation. THE NEWS CREW ACTUALLY CAME BY AND FILMED US, AND LATER ON IN THE NIGHT WE WATCHED OURSELVES ON TV.

Seriously people, anyone who didn't show up did themselves a disservice. This was a great night. Thanks to everyone that came and hope to see more of you.

He wouldn't troll like that. I've just been calling it TNT forever lol. But real talk, thanks to whoever came out! Had a lot of fun. Still trying to learn the game without actually owning a copy of the game so slowly but surely. Hopefully more of you can come out next week!

He wouldn't troll like that. I've just been calling it TNT forever lol. But real talk, thanks to whoever came out! Had a lot of fun. Still trying to learn the game without actually owning a copy of the game so slowly but surely. Hopefully more of you can come out next week!
lol thanks for the backup kona. Yea I hadn't even heard of it. Glad you guys had fun!

What do you guys think about a SCV $1 tourney tomorrow on stream? Come make Dat Gas Money.

lol thanks for the backup kona. Yea I hadn't even heard of it. Glad you guys had fun!

What do you guys think about a SCV $1 tourney tomorrow on stream? Come make Dat Gas Money.
I'm all about that idea. In fact I would struggle to think of ideas that I am more about.

anybody play at umass boston? i go to grad school/teach there, and i've noticed that there's a tv in the game room that usually has people playing smash. but if there's interest, maybe we can kick them off?

Back