New/Returning Weapon Styles

Enigmatic-Wolff

[08] Mercenary
First post here. I'm really excited for the announcement of this game. There have been some interesting weapon/fighting styles show up through the series. Personally, I loved the Wave Blade weapons and fighting style from SC3 and would love to see them return in some fashion. A new weapon style I would like to see in the game would be dual Sai's. What new and/or returning weapons would you like to see?

1) Giant Chinese fan, like the one Temari from Naruto has.
temari_render_by_xuzumaki-d49bjux.png
render_temari_by_yuulolita-d4rfzch.png
Temari_render_by_kangaroogi-d571ixw.png

Maybe connected to a smaller fan for faster up-front combat?

2) Crescent Moon Blades:
Crescent_Moon_Sword.png

I always thought it would've fit Z.W.E.I. better.

I'd also like to see a character using a Hook. Another pirate perhaps, who can be Cervantes' rival (or maybe even one of his crew mates).

I'd like them to tweak some of the Create a Soul styles from III into proper characters, like the Wave Sword, Grieve Edges, Kusarigama, and Katana Shuriken. It would add some variety.
Also, the steel fan weapon. All of this styles deserved to be revamped and put them in an original characters.

Also, the steel fan weapon. All of this styles deserved to be revamped and put them in an original characters.

That would also work, maybe have a character centered around counters in order to utilize it to maximum potential. The CaS styles were unbalanced but they were fun, they were one of the major reasons SCIII is one of my favorite entries. Just rebalance them and you could do interesting characters with them

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, but I really hope one of the new characters has a European longsword. It's such a simple weapon, and yet, to my knowledge, it hasn't been in the series once. Not even as one of the CaS movesets in SC3. Though maybe the simplicity is why it hasn't been done? Too boring, maybe?
Also, I think a sai-wielding character would be a pretty cool addition.

That would also work, maybe have a character centered around counters in order to utilize it to maximum potential. The CaS styles were unbalanced but they were fun, they were one of the major reasons SCIII is one of my favorite entries. Just rebalance them and you could do interesting characters with them

Totally agree, SC3 CAS styles were quite fun but needed balance, lots of potential to incorporate them in a very good way!

In theory yes, but in animation I'd probably rather not see Sai's along with Taki and Talim returning. You'd be hard pressed to argue that a "double weilded short dagger" is extremely different. Although emphasis on short 'stabbing" animations could be cool.

My "dont care but it would be cool" choices

Giant Japanese fan
Small circular Chinese fan w/magic
Orb magic
Bayonet
Giant sword w/ giant shield
Gauntlets/Gloves
Sword w/ reverse hold dagger
Ponytail with blade attached

Last edited:
Back