New SoulCalibur Pachinko Slots

• Admin
Recently, Bandai Namco has announced that they are adding a new Pachinko Slots game featuring SoulCalibur characters. This will be available to go alongside their Tekken and God Eater machines. Here is the trailer for the newest SoulCalibur game. The confirmed characters for the game are Nightmare, Sophitia, Patroklos, and Pyrrha.

Update: SoulCalibur Pachislot Website: http://www1.yamasa.co.jp/sc/

Update 2:
Sources:
http://slot-news.jp/blog-entry-3141.html

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Castlevania are working on that "spiritual successor" and Silent Hill lives on in RE7 and that other game Norman Reedus is in.

oh it's a blatant cash grab, I see them whining on FB and they still don't know why there's not really been anything...either way I could care less about them since they're just casuals that really don't contribute anything towards to franchise or the scene.

expect something...but obviously not now...they've been a lot of chances for them to reveal things this year and we've got nothing, so it's safe to assume to wait till T7's run its course.

That "spiritual successor" has no ties with Konami, other than the creator. In fact, the reason Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night exists at all was because Konami stopped giving a shit about the series and its fanbase. And Silent Hill has no connections with RE7 or the Norman Reedus games, other than the genre.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring in the "casuals contribute nothing" argument in this, when a game needs SALES in order to survive, not small fragments of it's fanbase. And Tekken 7 "will run it's course" well past release, when it's being played online and in tournaments. Unless, that is, Tekken 7's support has to die out in two years [like SCV] before we're told SC6 is being developed. Give me a break :p

I am HOPING I am wrong and they're working on something, but as of now, I don't see it.

That "spiritual successor" has no ties with Konami, other than the creator. In fact, the reason Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night exists at all was because Konami stopped giving a shit about the series and its fanbase. And Silent Hill has no connections with RE7 or the Norman Reedus games, other than the genre.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring in the "casuals contribute nothing" argument in this, when a game needs SALES in order to survive, not small fragments of it's fanbase. And Tekken 7 "will run it's course" well past release, when it's being played online and in tournaments. Unless, that is, Tekken 7 has to die out first two years later before we're told SC6 is being developed. Give me a break :p

I am HOPING I am wrong and they're working on something, but as of now, I don't see it.

either way Castlevania shit something out, the Staff from Silent Hills went to work on RE7 which is why a lot of the game play looks similar.

I say I couldn't give a shit what casuals think because they're gonna be happy with anything, so their opinions, complaints and criticisms mean fuck all to me.

Tekken 7 will run it's course when it's on home consoles and being played all over the world, as opposed to events or in Japan/Korean arcades only.
2 years later isn't how long I'm saying to wait...once all the initial hype has died down and people have gotten over the T7 blues and shit...which only takes a few months for any game tbh, THEN will be the right time to start expecting something.

until then pipe down, quieten up and wait patiently

either way Castlevania shit something out, the Staff from Silent Hills went to work on RE7 which is why a lot of the game play looks similar.

I say I couldn't give a shit what casuals think because they're gonna be happy with anything, so their opinions, complaints and criticisms mean fuck all to me.

Tekken 7 will run it's course when it's on home consoles and being played all over the world, as opposed to events or in Japan/Korean arcades only.
2 years later isn't how long I'm saying to wait...once all the initial hype has died down and people have gotten over the T7 blues and shit...which only takes a few months for any game tbh, THEN will be the right time to start expecting something.

until then pipe down, quieten up and wait patiently
It's still not a Castlevania product and from what I know, PT's staff isn't involved with RE7. I'm not following the rationalizations you're making here, since I doubt PS are going to go out of their way to plan all that out for a damn announcement. But if you're comfortable with the way they've [awfully] handled things, be my guest.

It's still not a Castlevania product and from what I know, PT's staff isn't involved with RE7. I'm not following the rationalizations you're making here, since I doubt PS are going to go out of their way to plan all that out for a damn announcement. But if you're comfortable with the way they've [awfully] handled things, be my guest.

look man I can't be arsed to google the staff behind Castlevania...all I know is they're doing something...after a Pachislot.

well this is why I say if you knew why people are saying to wait till T7 is done, then you'd probably see just how rational this actually is...

well lets be honest crying on FB and whining on twitter really hasn't yielded anything for 4 years...why would it suddenly work now

look man I can't be arsed to google the staff behind Castlevania...all I know is they're doing something...after a Pachislot.

well this is why I say if you knew why people are saying to wait till T7 is done, then you'd probably see just how rational this actually is...

well lets be honest crying on FB and whining on twitter really hasn't yielded anything for 4 years...why would it suddenly work now

If you "can't be arsed to google it," then don't mention it lol. It's not Castlevania from Konami no matter who's working on it, so that's a moot point anyway. And I never said "crying" worked, only that it's warranted, given the treatment the fans had to put up with. And I'm not talking about a release date or info dump on SC6 here. I mean an ANNOUNCEMENT; something very basic. But I guess that alone is already enough to throw off Tekken 7 according to you, despite SC's arguably smaller fanbase.

If you "can't be arsed to google it," then don't mention it lol. It's not Castlevania from Konami no matter who's working on it, so that's a moot point anyway. And I never said "crying" worked, only that it's warranted, given the treatment the fans had to put up with. And I'm not talking about a release date or info dump on SC6 here. I mean an ANNOUNCEMENT; something very basic. But I guess that alone is already enough to throw off Tekken 7 according to you, despite SC's arguably smaller fanbase.

lol the sense of entitlement is strong

And for the people who said "they don't want it in the way of Tekken 7" T7 is already making Namco money from being in arcades and has been getting a ton of coverage for years. The mere announcement of SC6's EXISTENCE would not have harmed Tekken 7's success in any way.
It is a two-way street with that. Announcing SC6 while T7 is getting all the marketing would cause divided interest. This would end up hurting SC sales more than Tekken sales, but it would end up hurting both. We still live in an age where people choose between games that are presented to them. That's why the seasonal approach is implemented to avoid cannibalization.

It is a two-way street with that. Announcing SC6 while T7 is getting all the marketing would cause divided interest. This would end up hurting SC sales more than Tekken sales, but it would end up hurting both. We still live in an age where people choose between games that are presented to them. That's why the seasonal approach is implemented to avoid cannibalization.

I would see your point if we were talking about a release date, but we're talking about letting fans know they're working on the title. And even then, people who were going to buy Tekken 7 would end up getting it regardless since, 1) their minds would be made up near it's release date (they likely won't go 'wow, this new game just came out, but I'm going to wait another year for that other one') and 2) SoulCalibur 6 would have released way ahead in the future, likely at least a year. Who knows, that person might end up affording both titles. And as I said before, Tekken sees additional sales through it's arcade machines. It's unlike SoulCalibur, which has been restricted to consoles for several games.

And tbh, this idea of cannibalization for announcing a game that will be released later in the year (or the next) seems more theretical. What evidence do we even have that announcing a title will cause anything close to cannibalization? SoulCalibur V and TTT2 did not have that issue.

lol I'm just tired to talking to brick walls who really don't have any actual argument than "WAAAAH NO SC6"

Well, I'm just tired of brick walls. Good day.

Who doing the game is more important than under what company it's going to be released. Look at new "metal gear", which is... zombie-survival game. Like, really, they are just using license rights and create nonsence under them. I'd prefer Castelvania created by it's original creator, than Castelvania released by same company.
About SC6 and "fans demands": creating and releasing a game is a work. So, do you all "let's make a change by filling social networks with whining" know that there is a thing exists, called working schedule. There is a big probability that all this FB bullshit, collaborations and "spin-offs" were already set to happen 0.5~2 years before this moment. Also " just make an announce know" - this thing is also regulated by publisher - Bamco, which is, surprise!, also a publisher of Tekken. And as they forced SCV rush, they are able to say "hey, calm your tits, we have Tekken to sell. Wait for your "grand return" for a year, ok'".

I would see your point if we were talking about a release date, but we're talking about letting fans know they're working on the title. And even then, people who were going to buy Tekken 7 would end up getting it regardless since, 1) their minds would be made up near it's release date (they likely won't go 'wow, this new game just came out, but I'm going to wait another year for that other one') and 2) SoulCalibur 6 would have released way ahead in the future, likely at least a year. Who knows, that person might end up affording both titles. And as I said before, Tekken sees additional sales through it's arcade machines. It's unlike SoulCalibur, which has been restricted to consoles for several games.

And tbh, this idea of cannibalization for announcing a game that will be released later in the year (or the next) seems more theretical. What evidence do we even have that announcing a title will cause anything close to cannibalization? SoulCalibur V and TTT2 did not have that issue.

Well, I'm just tired of brick walls. Good day.
I will just address each point as it is ordered

1) That's true for most people. There is also the audience of SoulCalibur fans who want another 3D fighting game to play but don't see one in the future besides Tekken 7. Which means if you announced SC6, then they wouldn't buy it.

2) Tekken 7 arcade and Tekken 7 console are treated like two different games. They appeal to two different markets altogether. That'd be like saying Lost Swords is just SCV, which would mean you have only been waiting since 2014 for a new game. As far as the Tekken community is concerned, there hasn't been a real game since TTT2 console. Some would even argue T6 console.

TTT2 console version under-performed in sales, so cannibalization can't be disproven if you are a marketer for Namco.

Obviously there is no "evidence" of a new SoulCalibur, but there is evidence of them not dropping the series.

I will just address each point as it is ordered

1) That's true for most people. There is also the audience of SoulCalibur fans who want another 3D fighting game to play but don't see one in the future besides Tekken 7. Which means if you announced SC6, then they wouldn't buy it.

2) Tekken 7 arcade and Tekken 7 console are treated like two different games. They appeal to two different markets altogether. That'd be like saying Lost Swords is just SCV, which would mean you have only been waiting since 2014 for a new game. As far as the Tekken community is concerned, there hasn't been a real game since TTT2 console. Some would even argue T6 console.

TTT2 console version under-performed in sales, so cannibalization can't be disproven if you are a marketer for Namco.

Obviously there is no "evidence" of a new SoulCalibur, but there is evidence of them not dropping the series.

Well, SoulCalibur: Lost Swords IS basically SoulCalibur V with an altered battle system, less content, online only, with different characters, and F2P an economy. Regarding TTT2, a couple of the criticisms of that game has been that it didn't appear to change much of the series' formula and the massive near 60 character roster didn't appear beginner friendly. That in itself would turn people away from trying it out, since we know reviews have been a factor gaming sales.

I could get behind the idea of Tekken console and Tekken arcade being appealing to two different audiences, but either way the "Tekken 7" name is still making them profit. Look at all the re-releases of Blazblue, Streetfighter IV, and Dead or Alive 5: the names themselves are profitable. People who played the arcade version of Tekken 7 could possibly end up buying the console verison, just for the additons.

Who doing the game is more important than under what company it's going to be released. Look at new "metal gear", which is... zombie-survival game. Like, really, they are just using license rights and create nonsence under them. I'd prefer Castelvania created by it's original creator, than Castelvania released by same company.
About SC6 and "fans demands": creating and releasing a game is a work. So, do you all "let's make a change by filling social networks with whining" know that there is a thing exists, called working schedule. There is a big probability that all this FB bullshit, collaborations and "spin-offs" were already set to happen 0.5~2 years before this moment. Also " just make an announce know" - this thing is also regulated by publisher - Bamco, which is, surprise!, also a publisher of Tekken. And as they forced SCV rush, they are able to say "hey, calm your tits, we have Tekken to sell. Wait for your "grand return" for a year, ok'".

As far as the Castlevania example goes, it's not Castlevania from Konami. You could, however, make the arguement with Metal Gear, but now that I think about it, what does any of that have to do with PS letting us know they're working on SC6? This is especially after they told us to "look forward to the news" we never got. So, this pachinko cash grab is the news we've been told about? Color me disappointed. And some people express that through Facebook. I hate the nonsense on there, but it's their right, ya know?

From what I know, the Tekken Team and Project Soul are not the EXACT SAME TEAM. They just work within the same department. An announcement isn't harmful. Why is that a problem?

lol couldn't find a counter argument so you just copy/pasted...GG's
No, it's the fact you have nothing else to say. You call me entitled (for wanting to know a game exists after 4 years) and then you make this response. So yeah, GG

Last edited:
what does any of that have to do with PS letting us know they're working on SC6?
Right below my thoughts on future Castelvania I wrote that "early" announcement of SC6 is probably restricted by Bamco as they want to not distract audience from upcoming Tekken.
As far as the Castlevania example goes, it's not Castlevania from Konami
But if that's the same people that made previous Castelvania games, then what the difference name of company does?
So, this pachinko cash grab is the news we've been told about? Color me disappointed.
Pachinko is Japanese thing, those are very popular in their homeland. News on PachiCalibur are not even meant to be acknowledged over there, it's just because of the internet we even know of it's existence. So don't worry that's not THE ANNOUNCEMENT we were waiting for all this time. Besides a lot of "abandoned" games (GuiltyGear, KOF) got a new installment soon (ok', soon - after a few years) after they got pachinko game. So these news are actually pretty good, as that means that franchise is not forgotten.
And some people express that through Facebook. I hate the nonsense on there, but it's their right, ya know?
I don't want to sound grumpy, but people these times "express" themselves a bit (what a underestimate, lol) too much. As ZER0 said it feels pretty much as everybody think that they are entitled.

I shall revisit this thread when the soul calibur 8 champion reveals that he got interested in soul calibur through the love of pachinko machine .

No, it's the fact you have nothing else to say. You call me entitled (for wanting to know a game exists after 4 years) and then you make this response. So yeah, GG

What else can I say to someone who doesn't want to listen and cry like the Facebook mob, I've said what I've had to say.

Live streams

7 Viewers
technokittyxo
technokittyxo
18+ Playing soul calibur (RIP HANDCAM)
5 Viewers
ChiefVibe
ChiefVibe
Feel Like Ripping My Teeth Out My Mouth , But Im Okay 🙃
4 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Yes, Sir. The arena is lit. I'm about to give the world these hands. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.
1 Viewers
karat_mc
karat_mc
SoulCalibur 6 Весы духа

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back