New SOULCALIBUR Title at E3? *EDIT: Hah! Nope

• Admin
The rumor mills are spinning! With the Facebook Popularity Poll ending last week, people have been wondering if Namco was about to unveil a new SOULCALIBUR title this year at E3. After all, Lost Swords is over a year old now, and was single player only. A new mothership SOULCALIBUR title tends to come out every 3-4 years, so now would be the time to get this party started.

While E3 opens to the public on Tuesday, the event actually begins for the press on Sunday. With the Microsoft keynote airing on Monday morning, and Sony during the evening, we could know the details within the next few days. So be sure to stick to 8WAYRUN to hear the news; as we will try our best to keep you all updated with the relevant information.

In the meantime, lets talk. What do you want out of a new SOULCALIBUR game? What are your expectations? New characters? Guest Characters? A complete reboot to bring back the older characters?

Personally, with Talim winning the popularity poll; I expect her to be in the next title. Hell, the biggest reason I stopped playing SOULCALIBUR was because Talim wasn't in the recent game. Talim is the reason I play fighting games at all. muh talim @BrewtusBibulus and @NeoOutlaw used to come over to my place and play SOULCALIBUR on the Dreamcast; and I was just never into it. It wasn't until Talim in SOULCALIBUR II where I actually got into fighting games.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Good point to make Slade. The thing is, I see BE as enhanced normal moves basically. It's the characters own moves but deals more dmg, etc when used in BE form. For CE, you only have one CE for each character. It's either terrible or good. And it has invincibility frames whereas BE doesn't.

I'm not sure if this is really a good comparison but to me, it's alittle but like soul charging a move in SCII. That's kinda how I see BE. For CE, my mind just compares them alittle too much to CF, as they're supposed to be like super moves. Hopefully that makes sense??? (>O-O)

I agree. BE attacks are like soul charged attacks from Soul Calibur 2, and 3.

The only differences is that soul charge had a time limit on it and some attacks after soul charge were unblockable. Soul charge didn't require meter to use also and some attacks even had soul charge properties to it.

BE attacks can be used at anytime without time limit, but can only be executed only if you have the necessary meter to do it. (IMO) Soul charge attacks are better than BE attacks. Strategically wise IMO

I don't know what to do to beg for Hwang to return. It seems everyone and their grannies just ditch him to Li-Long's long forgotten backyard for good. Incredibly sad for me, as all the love I got from SC on Dreamcast came through his moves. A reboot would be so much welcome.

Live streams

5 Viewers
Sesujin
Sesujin
Playing a game that's actually good
3 Viewers
Shilderi
Shilderi
tak' a venir te poser
2 Viewers
EZAKIMAKv2
EZAKIMAKv2