[New York City, NY] Afraid of a Little Fire????

well that's already more responses than I thought I'd get. I'm trying to put something together for February so I'll keep you guys posted.

well that's already more responses than I thought I'd get. I'm trying to put something together for February so I'll keep you guys posted.
I'd be there if you weren't talking about Soulcalibur 5 or Soulcalibur 4. Who am I kidding, i'll probably be there any way since you're representing a pitbull. Pitbulls are infact the best dogs!!

Actually i don't even like SCV, hardly play it. It depresses me. But I'll be a good sport and lose honorably if "the more, the merrier".

Sure. I live in Sunnyside, so it's maybe half an hour from home (7 minutes by car, but taxis are a last resort).

If there was a place in the city, that'd be perfect......seems more centralized. At any rate, I'd try to attend anyway.

so far feb attempt is failing ... if this happens it would be mid-march at least, i just wanted to gauge interest before I put the time in to organize this thing .... so this will happen, just not in feb

i'll let you guys know

What's going on everyone. Don't post much in this thread, more in the soul arenas. Anyhow way back when I used to help organize weekly/bi-weekly tourneys for SCII at CTF. Crazy shout outs to any OG players in here that may have been a part of that era.

Anyhow, it kind of saddens me that such a new and great title in the series such as SCV gets such little love over here. I know a big part of it is the arcade scene dying and whatnot, but there is so much we can do on a local level. It's great to show support for the title by hitting up a major or two, but that's not always the best solution to consistently improve and overall just have a good time with the community on a regular basis. Sadly I missed out on the break weeklys over the summer due to my work schedule, though when I was able to finally attend I heard they were dropped due to poor showings. That's just unfortunate for a game this good.

Anyhow, I have a buddy in the VF scene and they host weekly Tuesdays at night. Sometimes small sometimes big, but it always gets love and is streamed. It's at NextLevel. Would anyone be interested in meeting up one of these nights? Could give it a test turn out of sorts and would almost be guaranteed some stream time. If not Tuesday nights, we could decide a better time. We could start as a one time meet up, see how it goes and make it a regular things if we so choose. No pressure. Just gaining interest at this point, let me know.

What's going on everyone. Don't post much in this thread, more in the soul arenas. Anyhow way back when I used to help organize weekly/bi-weekly tourneys for SCII at CTF. Crazy shout outs to any OG players in here that may have been a part of that era.

Anyhow, it kind of saddens me that such a new and great title in the series such as SCV gets such little love over here. I know a big part of it is the arcade scene dying and whatnot, but there is so much we can do on a local level. It's great to show support for the title by hitting up a major or two, but that's not always the best solution to consistently improve and overall just have a good time with the community on a regular basis. Sadly I missed out on the break weeklys over the summer due to my work schedule, though when I was able to finally attend I heard they were dropped due to poor showings. That's just unfortunate for a game this good.

Anyhow, I have a buddy in the VF scene and they host weekly Tuesdays at night. Sometimes small sometimes big, but it always gets love and is streamed. It's at NextLevel. Would anyone be interested in meeting up one of these nights? Could give it a test turn out of sorts and would almost be guaranteed some stream time. If not Tuesday nights, we could decide a better time. We could start as a one time meet up, see how it goes and make it a regular things if we so choose. No pressure. Just gaining interest at this point, let me know.

I would love to have a regular tournament series or a place to meet up regularly or one time or whatever. I only would be able to go on a weekend since getting from Jersey to NYC can be a pain in the ass, especially cuz at this time i don't have a car so I would need to bank on public transit or getting a ride from someone, and if i do decide to take public transit i could be fucked on the way home and need a place to crash in the city. Logistically it would be difficult for me, but if theres a will theres a way.

As for another spot, how is the Break? If we can't get on tuesdays thats fine, we can probably set up something else that would run on another day and probably not on a weekly basis either. I feel at this point it is most practical to have a monthly.

Was hoping for a bit more interest honestly, pretty saddening. Just makes me glad to have experienced the height of this series popularity back when arcades were around. I suppose we'll have to try and make due with what we have.

Frost and perhaps a friend seem down to play next month, which isn't far off, Jon you seem like you'll push to make things work which I respect and I can definitely get three or four heads there. Even if we had at a minimum six, we can at least get some match up training in and have an overall good time. Let's spread the word a bit more and then we can slap a date on it, even if it's a one time shot I want some decent offline play.

Hello. I live in Brooklyn and am looking for somewhere to play regularly that's within a decent distance. I'm also looking for someone to have good training sessions with if possible. If anyone has a place in the city to go on weekends I can be down for that. @jonnitti if you're still looking for a practice partner then I have no problem. @Yama I would love to go since I know I can get to NextLevel (being a Brooklyn guy and all), but Tuesday nights are horrible for me (I work nights and have school Tuesday afternoons). If it was on a Saturday I could make it. If anyone knows anywhere in Brooklyn or Manhattan that is willing to host us let me know and I'll see what I can do to organize it.

Yeah, sounds like Saturday is best for most everyone. Should be able to get a few heads myself to at least boost the head count. Let's shoot for sometime in April, let me know if any dates are best otherwise I'll make one in a week or so.

Yeah, sounds like Saturday is best for most everyone. Should be able to get a few heads myself to at least boost the head count. Let's shoot for sometime in April, let me know if any dates are best otherwise I'll make one in a week or so.

April is fine. Just give me some advanced notice and I'll be there.

i would prefer sometime earlier in april since im most likely going to be in there for injustice. definitely at least for the first couple of weeks.

For ppl that want to session, my place is open after 4pm in Harlem. Thermidor lives 2 minutes away from me and Ramon always wants to play so if people want to level up their game we can definitely get something going. Whether here or downtown at Astor Place.

Back