Newbie Help.

MorphidKarsa

[08] Mercenary
Hello. I just bought SC4 3 days ago and as I started to play higher difficulties, I realized that I am not very good at them. I play as Lizardman and I just have some questions that I couldn't find the answer to on any other site.

1. Is there a way to make a good customizable Lizardman character?(eg. good stats, health, skills)

2. Am I not good at higher difficulties because my lack of experience or is it something else? (I have played SC2 but I think that was it.)

3. There are ceartain moves I cannot perform with Lizardman the very last combo of his and Mezentius Style Reptile Rumble. Is my timing or is it something else?

4. What kind of skills should I give a customized lizardman(if it is advised)?

I hope that you can help me answer my questions. Thanks!

Dont get hung up on stats and abilities, they only apply in special mode, which is only played by a minority.
As for Lizzy advice, he is a relatively simple character to learn - there's no way to cheat it, practice makes perfects (preferably 3 ^^)
If you're a little too impatient to learn the lizard, try sophitia, she has a similar style and I realise I'm now going to be trolled by every Sophie user on xbl, but pathetically easy to learn.

Also, forget higher difficulties, crank it up to 5 rounds vs. Edgemasters. When you beat them comfortably, you're getting good. And don't forget, AI & humans are vastly different, but you will learn that yourself, I'm sure
Trust me, only in trial by fire do we use our full potential.

advice from someone who loses to lizardman:
(a)forget stat health and skills, no one worth playing plays special.
(b) abuse lows like there's no tomorrow.
maybe am i missing something, but the only time i ever lose to lizardman is when they shamelessly abuse lows?
(online)

Don't encourage scrubby behaviour >=(
With lizardman, the trick is to keep your spacing & step in only to cause damage, thus wearing them down.
Do NOT abuse lows, you may be a newbie, but that doesn't mean you have to be a scrub.

Don't encourage scrubby behaviour >=(
With lizardman, the trick is to keep your spacing & step in only to cause damage, thus wearing them down.
Do NOT abuse lows, you may be a newbie, but that doesn't mean you have to be a scrub.

This is not the way you explain things to a new player. You do not use condescending language and not explain your points- who does this help but your own sense of superiority? Please, think before you post.

MorphidKarsa, as to your questions:

1. Alot of people don't play Special VS here; but the best place to ask would be the character customization forum if that is your cup of tea.

2. Practice makes perfect =)

3. This may just be an execution issue, but I'm not exactly sure which moves your reffering to. You may have noticed people seem to speak a strange language around here; with numbers and letters like 66A, 236B ect. This is the notation we use to shorthand moves I can link you to a thread where you can learn it. The Lizardman Soul Arena is also a great place to ask about LM specific things.

Heres the link to the Notation: http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/76-Basic-Notations-and-Terminology

4. Once again, thats a question preferably aimed at the customization forum.

Welcome to 8wayrun and enjoy your stay!

-Idle

whats up morphid, just here to offer some lizardman-specific help

questions 1, 2 & 4: what idle said, hi idle =P

#3: are you referring to any specific moves or combos? he has some character-specific combos and moves with silly timing that I can probably help you with

Back