Nightmare "Card" Download

Tiamat

[11] Champion
I was talking to TadeMasu in chat and somehow remembered I have this odd "card" I got from some SC website. It has a video showing a GS that hits the opponent. I'm putting a download for anyone interested. I'm sure we can all agree GS hitting the opponent would be a nice upgrade for SC5, lol.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BESE1BJ0

Oh god I think I came. That was SOOOOO wicked!!!!! Man if that was a combo on counter hit....

yeah I know...it's pretty sweet

now you see why I had no idea how to upload that video to youtube or anything? lol

Wasn't that from the soul calibur 3 website if you went to Nightmare's profile page? I'm assuming its the clip from SC3, I haven't actually downloaded what Tiamat uploaded.

http://soulcalibur3.namco.com/

Also no I don't want GS to be an attack, that means every transition into GS would be easy to GI :(

Yea, its from the SC3 website, if you click on NM's profile, you "discover" a new card and can download it, which is the same exe with the same video.

It looks like it'd be nice as an interrupt, quick and just a slight tap, just enough to stop someone from countering. Though like Schneider said, would make all GS transitions GIable.

Yeah looks like that's where I got it Schneider. Thats a good point about them being able to GI it though, I didn't think of that. Course if it gave you a new combo like the one in the vid (looks like a combo anyway) I'd still be all for it. There are various ways you could fix the GI problem for the most part though, like giving 66K6 so much blockstun that they can't GI the GS lol. depending on how quickly the GS hits (in the vid it looks a bit late in the GS) you could also probably cancel to moves like GS A and GS B to cancel the hit before it happens, and then you'd have a high and a (probably) differently timed mid to GI compared to the GS hit.

I think as a new mechanic it would be interesting, but what I'd really like added to GS would be GS A+B actually countering generic 2As or a move that has tech jump properties.

As in, GS alone works like GS A without the bitch slap? That's a rather interesting idea.
Well kind of like that. But then if the GI is successful, GS A becomes a guaranteed counter hit, that would be so kick ass! But alas, I am dreaming.

That's exactly what I was thinking, that would be an enormous boost to GS.

Question is though, would it still TC as well if a GI and attack was added to it?

Back