Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

How viable do you all think the W!, 4KK, W!, 3B, 1A, GS K BE tech trap is? I'm considering putting it into use more often. Should I just go for the guaranteed damage or use this tech trap on wall splats?

It only works on a BT opponent on the wall. If you got a wallsplat with ch 4kk or something similar, they can tech out of 1a.

As for its viability, the 4kBE 3B tech trap does a LOT more damage. But that's pretty much irrelevant since either one will kill your opponent if they tech. 3B 1A is meterless and still leads to a KO, so i guess its slightly better. Either way, yeah, I HIGHLY suggest using either one or both.

its a combo and a tech trap all directions at the same time

That's weird, every time I try it the opponent ukemis and low guards the 1A no matter how fast i do it. Is there a trick to this or I just suck?

Edit: never mind, I have no idea what i'm blabbering about, I had in mind the 1A after the GS K BE. Failzaurus.

Hi everyone, I’m a NM scrub so I apologize if this is a stupid question. I’ve been using 6(B) (blocked or hit) NSS K (hit) 2A+B and it seems pretty reliable as a frame trap. Of course, the opening 6(B) isn’t super fast, but my question is twofold: 1) is this the best option after 6(B), generally speaking, and 2) does anyone have any idea what kind of advantage you get from a blocked 6(B)? The wiki (I don’t have my guide with me right this moment) doesn’t list hit/block frames since it’s a stance transition.

It only works on a BT opponent on the wall. If you got a wallsplat with ch 4kk or something similar, they can tech out of 1a.

As for its viability, the 4kBE 3B tech trap does a LOT more damage. But that's pretty much irrelevant since either one will kill your opponent if they tech. 3B 1A is meterless and still leads to a KO, so i guess its slightly better. Either way, yeah, I HIGHLY suggest using either one or both.

well if they have full life you won't kill them with the 3B > 1A tech trap unless you do a GS K BE...so that costs 2 BEs to kill them too. what combo do you do when you land the 4K BE > 3B tech trap? NSS bA wallsplat to something?

well if they have full life you won't kill them with the 3B > 1A tech trap unless you do a GS K BE...so that costs 2 BEs to kill them too. what combo do you do when you land the 4K BE > 3B tech trap? NSS bA wallsplat to something?

I normally do 4kBE 3b gs kBE 4kk wr b and so on.

By 3b 1a being meterless, I meant the 1a didn't take up meter, whereas 4kBE does. I completely forgot about gs k BE.

I normally do 4kBE 3b gs kBE 4kk wr b and so on.

By 3b 1a being meterless, I meant the 1a didn't take up meter, whereas 4kBE does. I completely forgot about gs k BE.

so you were actually using 3BEs in the combo haha.

it seems like the advantage of 4kBE > 3B tech trap is that if they tech they can't travel as much to the sides. if they eat the 1A tech trap from a side tech a lot of times they are too far to the sides for GS K BE to wallsplat them. if you get the 3B tech trap from 4kBE seems like going to NSS bA > 2A+B is pretty stable....though i think most of hte time they would be dead before teh 2A+B...

Hi everyone, I’m a NM scrub so I apologize if this is a stupid question. I’ve been using 6(B) (blocked or hit) NSS K (hit) 2A+B and it seems pretty reliable as a frame trap. Of course, the opening 6(B) isn’t super fast, but my question is twofold: 1) is this the best option after 6(B), generally speaking, and 2) does anyone have any idea what kind of advantage you get from a blocked 6(B)? The wiki (I don’t have my guide with me right this moment) doesn’t list hit/block frames since it’s a stance transition.
When you play NM enough times, you will cease to use this move outside of CHGS A combo.

When you play NM enough times, you will cease to use this move outside of CHGS A combo.
Even then, I prefer to go for 6K after CH GS A to set up the 1A tech trap. You only lose about 10 damage if they stay grounded and if they tech it's a free reset.

Hey guys, I have a question.
The SC5 frame data says 2(K) is i56. However, SC4 2(K) is i35.
Can I anyone confirm 2(K) is i56?

What is the best post GI combo that builds the most meter? I started playing Patroklos and he has 6bbb combo which builds damn near same meter used. Was hoping to find something like that with nighty.

Another question.
Does anyone know how the TC frame of FC3B is? The strategy book doesn't say a TC on it. I feel the full TC got removed too, but I don't know if it still has few frames with TC.
Thank you.

I've started using 44(B), a+b, 2a+b combo after successful GB for a couple reasons. The standard GS b, GS b, GS k BE does roughly 20 more damage than first combo but cost 1BE stock and leaves opponent too far away to maintain pressure. 44(B), a+b, 2a+b gains you slightly more than 1BE stock and leaves them right next to you with advantage to maintain your offense. So actually your getting 2 BE stocks (save 1 with said combo and gain 1) with better oki for roughly 20 damage points. Of course if ur on a walled stage and can get w! With standard combo or need the extra damage to finish them off then use it. But for me 2BE stock and better oki is worth more than the 20 extra damage. Thoughts???

What is the best post GI combo that builds the most meter? I started playing Patroklos and he has 6bbb combo which builds damn near same meter used. Was hoping to find something like that with nighty.

Patroklos' 6BBB combo doesn't work post GI since the opponent isn't in a counterhit state. NM's best meter building combo is most likely 3(B) NSS b:A and 44B, NSS A+B, 2A+B for no GI and re-GI options respectively.

Another question.
Does anyone know how the TC frame of FC3B is? The strategy book doesn't say a TC on it. I feel the full TC got removed too, but I don't know if it still has few frames with TC.
Thank you.

It still has good starting TC frames on it. It ends somewhere near the end of animation though so there's a possibility of it trading with highs.

Sorry I meant Pats 66b, 66b+k, JS k. About the same damage and exact meter return.
I thought the 44b combo was guaranteed to but opponent can block it.

On a side note i didn't realize nighty (A) NS k is combo. it's a nice frame trap too as after (A) is blocked NS k will beat out Natsu A clean.

On a side note i didn't realize nighty (A) NS k is combo. it's a nice frame trap too as after (A) is blocked NS k will beat out Natsu A clean.
Sieg has a combo that is quite similar. (A), SSH K. I don't know if Sieg's frame traps though, I don't use his A much.
Edit: Sieg's (A) is neutral on block, they sure love giving him stupid reverse mix ups...

Here some stuff I tested today

Against Nightmare

3K is the stance interrupter as match up guide indicates it but here others options
- 66K6 A or B or K : 3AA guaranted but it doesnt punish 66K only. Throw works too.
- 33B6 A or B or K : 6K guaranted but it leaves you free if they only do 33B6 for WR punish. Stepping and throwing are risky because of GS A, you get counter hit.
- 3 > Any attacks : FC B. It stops eveythings and it leaves you at +2. WR B can be punish by NSS K or bA. WR K can be avoid by NSS ibA because of his recoil during the move.

Against Xiba

- To stop his 6A/6B pressure, 1K is the key, Xiba's players abuse that move... A+B GI second hit but it can be risky if they dont continue.
- To counter his 3B mixups (3A, 3B, 3K or 3B>K) : iWS if you are really really aware or FC K (crouch and K) because 1K get CH by 3B>K, TC my ass...

If someone can confirm these

Back