Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

I think this might be a good idea. I'm just surprised how low damage the 2b+k BE deals.. which makes me not think it's worth it unless the following 3B makes up for it damage wise (With opponent not ukemi-ing)

At this point I think maybe opting for 3B ~> 2A+B/ Nss bA is a better alternative (if you want to save/gain meter)

managed to get on some SC for a bit and CH GS A ~ 4KK w! ~ 4KK w! ~ 2B+K BE ~ 3B without techtrap does about 114 dmg, seems reasonable for a BE combo intended for tech traps

What are your guys insight into this?

1. 33b> gscancel>g>2A+b
vs
2. 33b>gsb delayed (for extra ground hit damage) > mixup of BT (2)b/BT 2k or 33b that is pretty much force block.

I see Keev and Omega do #2.

I personally go for #1 though.

I know quite a few people who'll do 33B6 ~ GS B (delayed) and will use either BT 2K or G ~ WR (B).
depends on what setup you like to what wakeup you like afterwards

I was being sarcastic. The two options you listed are equal to each other, though GS B is much more reliable.

But what I meant was that you should never be doing either, unless its to kill or you fuck up. You should always be GS canceling and doing a tech trap/down trap option, or whatever.

33B6, GS B can be useful to help complicate the post 33B6 situation, but you already have so many other options that give you good wakeup and stuff that it's kind of pointless. I'll do it sometimes if I know i'll whiff punish something with it, but aside from that it's not as good as 33B6, GS cancel, 2A+B/66B/GS B.

Is there anyway to foresee getting a gskBE from a b grab into a w! Or is it just random and you have to risk whiffing?

ok guys if I could just get a 2nd point of view of this:
NM vs Pyrrha - Have Pyrrha do a fully charged UB 8B+K (the one with the gound-quake), have NM jump into the attack, see if Pyrrha can block FC 3B.

NM sort of wakes-up really quickly and Pyrrha should still be in the 8B+K animation allowing you to get a get a free FC 3B/WR (B)
taking 45 dmg but you avoid wakeup and ground-quake also allowing you to deal 60 dmg back in return

If you JG the unblockable it allows you to get a free 3B combo. I would definitely take that over willingly getting hit and attacking afterwards.

Also you can test this yourself in training mode by recording Pyrrha to 8[B+K ] and hold guard right after to see if your attack hits before she can recover.

jg is the ideal way forward, but if you're someone like me who isn't savvy enough to tell the difference between the charged version and the uncharged version before its too late :P
either way I just wanted to know if discovery was worth noting down

So, I just discovered some new "WTF Tech"

Unfortunately I couldn't save the replay, but if you do gsB> aga (to a RO)> UB cancel > (taunt? maybe unnecessary) , the 'fire effect' carries over to the opponents body (at this point, the body is almost completely RO from the screen, but you can catch a glimpse of it.

By carrying over, I am talking about something like 33b BE > UB .

Last edited:
Yeah, can't say I've tested it, but if you do an unblockable while the opponent is being RO'd, they often spontaneously catch fire. Happens with other characters' UBs too.

Back