Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

So.. is this new? At 16:18 it looks like he cancels GS K BE into CE. Loses 1.5 bar for it too...

I think we came across this middle of last year...and it's exactly what it looks like, cancelling GS K BE into CE...quite an impractical piece of tech tbh
if you can do it fast enough 236236 Ka+b+K should do it, how I do it: buffer the first 236 motion within G, then immediately do GS K BE

I think we came across this middle of last year...and it's exactly what it looks like, cancelling GS K BE into CE...quite an impractical piece of tech tbh
if you can do it fast enough 236236 Ka+b+K should do it, how I do it: buffer the first 236 motion within G, then immediately do GS K BE
Ah, so this is just a bad glitch then. Ok. Cause yeah, I don't see any reason this would help you.

Ah, so this is just a bad glitch then. Ok. Cause yeah, I don't see any reason this would help you.
yh more or less.
If it were possible to bypass the meter usage and cancel GS K BE into CE for only 25% meter then it'd be fantastic :D...but it doesn't, so it sux

so guys doing a bit of testing, found that 33B can combo into an A2AA juggle ranging from 78-90 dmg depending on whether you score a lucky ground hit or clean hit.
It seems a bit range dependant on some characters, Asta seems to be able to get out of the last hit by ACing backwards.
NM can't AC out of it, Pyrrha and Natsu don't seem to be capable of ACing out of it either

messing around with the GS wavedash, with the right timing you can actually wavedash from moves that lead into GS...the trickiest one seems to be 66K6

Does anyone know the factor behind NSSA+B not lifting the opponent up after wrB CH in regards to ending a wall combo? This happens to me like 25% of the time..

Happens at 0:34

Does anyone know the factor behind NSSA+B not lifting the opponent up after wrB CH in regards to ending a wall combo? This happens to me like 25% of the time..

Happens at 0:34

going into testing lab now, will report back with results soon

....................................EDIT................................

the only reason it seems to not pick up may be due a couple frames delay on the iWR (B) or NSS A+B, otherwise it pick up just fine

Last edited:
the only reason it seems to not pick up may be due a couple frames delay on the iWR (B) or NSS A+B, otherwise it pick up just fine

I've actually tested it a bit myself a while back. It seems to have some different elements to it.

For example, on the forest stage against pyrrha, if you reset to have her back to the wall, that will happen almost reliably. But it works against her on the same stage in any other location. It isn't really a timing issue, but I really have no idea what could be causing that to happen.

I've actually tested it a bit myself a while back. It seems to have some different elements to it.

For example, on the forest stage against pyrrha, if you reset to have her back to the wall, that will happen almost reliably. It isn't really a timing issue, but I really have no idea what could be causing that to happen.
janky hitboxes? suppose I'll test this with the rest of the cast

I mean the most reliable way to land a 2[K] in my experience is after a air hit CE due to ignorance cause it rarely ever happens. Most people try to ukemi outta there but dont realize they can't so they stand up in front of you and eat a 2[K] cause there's no time to jump at that point.
Is there a setup to guarantee 2K{Hold}?

But yeah it isnt guaranteed, you can roll to the left or right but it might catch forward and back roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a setup to guarantee 2K{Hold}?

Depends on what you mean by "guaranteed." There's no re-stand option in the game that forces someone to eat a standing 2(K), but there's plenty of setups that give a guaranteed grounded 2(K), that usually hits standing if they press G.

There are several wall setups. of course i can't remember the specifics because i haven't played in 45t3555353434 years. Just test out different wall setups and you'll find some.

NM has plenty of mixups with it though. 33B GSC 2(K) gives you a downtrap. If they press G, there's no way to avoid the stomp. If they ukemi, you can catch all directions with 3B.

After 33B BE, i'm pretty sure stomp is free.

If you get that weird high wallsplat from 9K, you get a free stomp, maybe even standing.

After 4K BE after a wallsplat on a BT opponent, you get a 3B/2(K) mixup. Easy to do with NM since most of his wallsplat moves leave the opponent backturned on the wall.

Depends on what you mean by "guaranteed." There's no re-stand option in the game that forces someone to eat a standing 2(K), but there's plenty of setups that give a guaranteed grounded 2(K), that usually hits standing if they press G.

There are several wall setups. of course i can't remember the specifics because i haven't played in 45t3555353434 years. Just test out different wall setups and you'll find some.

NM has plenty of mixups with it though. 33B GSC 2(K) gives you a downtrap. If they press G, there's no way to avoid the stomp. If they ukemi, you can catch all directions with 3B.

After 33B BE, i'm pretty sure stomp is free.

If you get that weird high wallsplat from 9K, you get a free stomp, maybe even standing.

After 4K BE after a wallsplat on a BT opponent, you get a 3B/2(K) mixup. Easy to do with NM since most of his wallsplat moves leave the opponent backturned on the wall.
Thank you

Is Nightmare 3AA really -20 on guard? I try to punish with Raph 236B which is exactly i20. But no work.

NM 3AA has pushback, most reliable option is probably to punish with Raph 3(B) ~ PREP BB or JG and punish with 66(B) ~ PREP A+B, if you have meter you can probably land 11K BE

NM 3AA has pushback, most reliable option is probably to punish with Raph 3(B) ~ PREP BB or JG and punish with 66(B) ~ PREP A+B, if you have meter you can probably land 11K BE
Yeah but 236B have enough range to connect even with the pushback, however he always have time to guard.
I also try with Mitsu 66B wich is i20 and still nothing. I guess the wiki is wrong and NM 3AA is safer than -20.
Edit: NM 3AA is indeed -19 You can punish with Apat 66B(i19)

Last edited:
Back