Nightmare's JF agA

DazednDelirious

[08] Mercenary
I can no longer do JF agA on this stupid game. For SCIV on my xbox controller, I slid X, A (A to G), then Right Trigger (reassigned to A+G) and it'd come out 95% of the times. However, this game seems...clunky. It no longer works. Any button configuration for easy agA?

Also, another thing that makes this game seem clunky is that you can't even do a B+G grab (Left trigger) unless you let go of block first, whereas in SCIV, if you're blocking and you hit left trigger, the grab releases your blocking and immediately grabs. I know this second part isn't relevant to my first concern, but I think more people should complain for an update because this seems like a downgrade in the controls. Actually, I feel like SC V in general is a downgraded game, but anyway...

I'd appreciate advice for doing JF agA.

lmao relax buddy you will get use to it.
well the timing is really different some people find it somewhat easier, i can get right now but not on reaction So slide A to G really fast with your thumb then hit the bumper immediately afterwards.

The first, I'd like to know myself if anyone has figured an easier way of doing an aGa in this game. Using the slide method doesn't work for me very well as I really suck at it.

The second, the throw/block thing was added for purposes of balance I believe.

The first, I'd like to know myself if anyone has figured an easier way of doing an aGa in this game. Using the slide method doesn't work for me very well as I really suck at it.

The second, the throw/block thing was added for purposes of balance I believe.

same i can't pull it either in a battle on reaction.

just played SC V today

I use arcade stick and SC IV's JF agA used to hurt my finger
because I have to slide it as fast as possible

in SC V
u don't need to do it as fast as possible
I just do it smoothly no need to rush
I think the timing for A in agA is important now

well maybe it's just me but I prefer JF agA this way in SC V
( don't need to torture my finger to do it lolz )

Has anyone confirmed the benefits yet of the perfect version vs the regular one aside from faster start-up?

longer range

just played SC V today

I use arcade stick and SC IV's JF agA used to hurt my finger
because I have to slide it as fast as possible

in SC V
u don't need to do it as fast as possible
I just do it smoothly no need to rush
I think the timing for A in agA is important now

well maybe it's just me but I prefer JF agA this way in SC V
( don't need to torture my finger to do it lolz )

well you play on stick its hard on pad lmao

It does seem like you have to do it a bit slower than in previous versions. At least for the non JF version. The JF version I get about 1/10 times if I'm really mashing agA quickly.

i seem to be able to do it on buffer only, ie: normal aga follow by JF aga, has to be pretty fast.

I'm not having a real problem with it. Never really have.

I just slide from a to g to A+B+K. Of course, if I do it too soon out of a step or attack or if I press the buttons in the wrong order, I get a grab or A+B instead.

Still, my success rate with iaga is about the same as it was in SC4.

I can do this maybe 75% of the time. The key is the last A. Press it immediately after the G. Almost is if you're pushing A+G, but G slightly earlier than the A.

Ergh, I'm having alot of trouble with it too, can't find a way to get it. Just press A straight after G? Or just do it smoothly?

someone verify my assumptions:
JF = Just Frame, and JF agA means the fastest input agA (the one where nightmare says "relinquished").

If so i am also having trouble doing the JF agA. I can do the regular agA no problem though. When i start pressing the buttons too fast though im just getting grabs. If any of you are hitting the fastest input agA what do you focus on trying to do while inputting it? What is your success rate? Ideally I would like to at least attempt to do the fastest input version every time i wanna use this move.

If anyone can come up with an easy way to do it on pad, please let me know. :D
EDIT: For pad users set a bumper to G, that might help. Made me do it much more consistently.

I'm not having a real problem with it. Never really have.

I just slide from a to g to A+B+K. Of course, if I do it too soon out of a step or attack or if I press the buttons in the wrong order, I get a grab or A+B instead.

Still, my success rate with iaga is about the same as it was in SC4.
i never had any luck doing it most of the time i just get grabs i was only able to do jf aga once on accident.

im on stick and need some advice on doing the JF as well

I can do aga no problem, but the faster version has me stumped. I'm tapping them pretty much as fast as I can.

also if youre on pad and having a hard time you can map a button to A + G and then just tap A and then A+G
it comes out 90% of the time that way, but its the slower version. hope that might help

I have done jf aga 1 time on a stick, and that was a random accident.

I tried it on a pad today and it seems like it's not that hard. I got it 5 or 6 times without really practicing.

The setup I used was standard face buttons and r2 bound to a. Rolled a:g, then hit r2. No gap. Basically getting them as close together as possible. I think with some practice I could get it down well enough. Maybe when I get home tomorrow I'll record how I did it.

However, I have no way of replicating this on a stick short of rebinding important buttons. :<

Its easy to do within a buffer window about the size of agA. Doing a naked ag:A is very difficult but not impossible

what i do is tap A with my thumb then (quickly) press A+G (also with my thumb) it does have to be done faster than in sciv but it is very doable. You can get off the jf version this way i know i have but half the time i dont notice because i cant tell since the flash isnt as flashy as it used to be and im focused on the battle and not really watching close enough to catch the flash but every now n then when the lighting is good i can tell it jf'd

Back