Nightmare's JF agA

i can only get the JF agA version off, either when i buffer it from a previous attack or buffered just when my opponent is done attacking but i only do that when i know i have +frames to punish, such as after Devil Jins 22B on block.

Well, for all you people that play on pad its kinda like this. ( I play on pad as well ). If you use the standard default A type controls you can still do a JF aga. I slide from square, to X, and then press the L1 button. The key to doing it is to make sure you slide from A to G as fast as possible. However, when your going for your last A, you have to make sure that you are no longer pressing the first A. You have to slide it so fast that it almost feels like your not even touching your pad, then press the final A with a trigger button. I've done this and ive gotten it to work 8/1o times. The problem is that this move is so hard to do on pad it feels impractical when you can just do a normal aga. I don't think there is an easy way to do this move.

Considering how many characters have TC moves in this game..might aswell still with the normal aga. Thats just my opinion. However, the method i posted above definitely does work. You can't press it too fast because youll end up still pressing the first A when you go for the last A. It has to be very smooth and very quick. The speed of the slide command is the most important part.

Well, I was in the lab alil bit longer. It might be worth learning. The more you do it in battle the easier it becomes. But it seems as though JF aga can clean hit and the regular version cant. When it clean hits..it does 52 dmg. That really hurts..

I try it and I can actually do it 3/10 (none before). thx I using a pad and thought it was impossible, now have to some how get better at it.

man, sadly my triggers are used, L1 for A+B, R1 for G, R2 for A+B+K, but L2 is empty, maybe i should try that, but that's a pretty awkward button press :/

Ok well i dont know for you stick users but i had lots of difficulty trying to do Nights ag:A since we stick users don't use this thing called button mapping but i've used it for Night's ag:A and it works wonders. I get it totally 100% now. On my stick i use the top 3 buttons for A,B and K and Guard button is below A. What i've done is put another A button below the B button so now i just slide A and G with my index and major which doesnt touch the B but touches the second A as i touch the G with my index. Works like a charm. :D

Well I use the controller and its really easy for me. The move is not as fast a you all think it is. It is the delay ag A thats gets the just.

Question about agA and iagA. The frame data says that agA is 1 frame faster than iagA. But you have to input it slower in order for it to not become iagA. The question is, is it perhaps possible to do an agA that is faster than an iagA? Maybe someone with a programmable controller such as noodalls can test this? Although the execution and agA's less desirable properties probably aren't worth it.

After recovery they should be the same.

From neutral a~A+G block JF version and it's 2 inputs, and 2 input command will be faster then even fastest a~g~A (3 inputs). So if you don't do it after some recovery normal agA should be always faster with 2 input method.

The frame data in the wiki says that normal agA is i15 and JF agA is i16 though. Doesn't that suggest that agA is one frame faster when buffered during recovery?

By the way I tried doing a~A+G, with the same speed required for JF agA, and the move just can't come out. It only comes out when I slow the input down, but I can't measure the amount of slowing down necessary (in frames) for it to trigger. I guess we just gotta wait until someone with a programmable controller test this further then. As useless as this seems, I believe this can clear up confusion regarding normal agA's and JF agA's frame data.

Looks like you must do it at least with 1 frame gap between A and A+G. I play Alpha and he need 2 frame input slide from A to B to make JF, on NM this speed, like said, wont work. Little slower worked so probably it will be A (1 fr gap) A+G but you must let your first A go before your "gap frame" will be inputed.

I checked that JFagA from recovery and FD is correct, I couldn't make it 15 framer, but it's not about shorter input because i could make 15 frames normal agA after recovery with not aA+G input but with agA input. So looks like it's not shorter input what makes it faster but just animation is faster.

I personally prefer to slide from A to G and then hit L1 (A+B+K). It works very well for me. At first I could barely do ag:A right, so I prefered not to use it since it tended to result in NM doing A+B or a throw. For the longest time I thought I was doing it too slowly, but it appears it was the other way around. Problems arise when I input my A+B+K too early. The most important thing for me is to make sure my finger is off G completely before I hit L1.

So if you're having a lot of problems with it, maybe try doing it slower rather than faster.

I personally prefer to slide from A to G and then hit L1 (A+B+K). It works very well for me. At first I could barely do ag:A right, so I prefered not to use it since it tended to result in NM doing A+B or a throw. For the longest time I thought I was doing it too slowly, but it appears it was the other way around. Problems arise when I input my A+B+K too early. The most important thing for me is to make sure my finger is off G completely before I hit L1.

So if you're having a lot of problems with it, maybe try doing it slower rather than faster.
Yeah I've tried this technique but 9/10x NM will just stutter like a nincompoop. I think I'm inputing A+B+K too early.

I'm still surprised that this wasn't a metered BE version of his single A or w/e. When i first read about BE months before release, this was what I thought would be one of nightmare's staples (same with expecting A+B to be a BE move lol).

I'm still surprised that this wasn't a metered BE version of his single A or w/e. When i first read about BE months before release, this was what I thought would be one of nightmare's staples (same with expecting A+B to be a BE move lol).

They did that with Yoshimitsu, and look how that turned out. =\

Back