NM vs Kami vs CaS and about low throws

I was trying out Kami today just for the hell of it. I didn't get a chance to see if the tech trap worked for all directions, but I just wanted to say that it just doesn't feel right playing her over Nightmare. She's so small, and doesn't have the monstrous throw range that we've all become accustom to.

Ok did some more testing with the tech trap with kami. In general, I found that ALL small and large characters cannot escape the tech trap but medium size characters like NM, Hilde, Sieg and Mitsu can escape. So honestly if you can work with less grab range and know the metagame of the tourney community, then Kami would be a good side character against amys, sophies, or cassy's since lord knows there are at least one of each of those in a tourney.

your find is interesting, but competitively speaking, big throw range is a lot more important than a tech trap upgrade

your find is interesting, but competitively speaking, big throw range is a lot more important than a tech trap upgrade

then how is that amy has a small grab range but is still tourney worthy? The same can be said for Lizardman players too. My point is no two NM players play the same. Some rely on his throw range while others use his other tools and tech, and others use both. With Kami, she has abilities that are different than NM of course but in some fights you might want to ease up on throws and use more of his technical abilities and that's where Kami's advantages against most of the characters in the roster might fall prey to.

The thing is that Nightmare has no fast lows that can really complement his arsenal of mids and highs. His lows are either slow or does little damage with disadvantage thrown in. On hit even.
That's why throws are crucial for Nightmare and the bonus range he's got is a great, well, bonus.

Anyway, I think Nightmare has to rely, more than anything, on foresight to win.
Like, pressing 3AA/2A in advance because you predicted that your opponent is going to attack, and then watching their faster move lose to that.

Keeping this to one topic. Before you read, realize that I AM A NUB!!! I started on Soul Calibur with this game, and I don't play overly often.

Firstly, what are the differences between Nightmare, Kamikirimusi, and NM's CaS? I don't mean just the basics like Kami is faster but NM has more range, I'm being nitpicky. Unless those are the only differences, then nevermind.

Secondly, I hear a lot of NM players say that his low throws are incredibly useful, especially the one throwing backward. I can't think of a good purpose for them other than mixup and mindgames. Is this all they're for? The only other thing I think of is for ROs, but he has a move for it in every direction.

Well..nothing wrong with a quick ring out..as I noted from the..bastard rock players.

Back