Norcalibur Baller Room (NCR 2013 SC5 side tournament)

Nyawu

[09] Warrior
ncrsc5baller_zpsc939935f.jpg
1st place: Hates:sc4alg1:
2nd place: Alex J. :sc4sig1::sc1ast1::sc1vol1:
3rd place: Cedric:sc5vio1:
4th place: KrayzieCD:sc2maxi2:
5th place:​
Tomahawk​
Rocktapus​
7th place:​
Manta​
Nyawu​
9th place:​
Damon​
Koompbala​
Hitbox Sora​
Sniper_Wolf​
Youtube individual matches: www.youtube.com/nyawu

Thank you everybody for showing up! Norcal, Socal, non-cal, everybody, for making this a great tournament! And for having more people about the same amount of people as official mk, tekken and DOA tournaments? LOL

Shout-outs for Alex and Chemie for putting things together, otherwise this would of never happened. Big thanks to tomahawk for the top tier commentary. And to those new comer online players that showed up, practice and play in more gatherings and tournaments with us, and we hope you had a blast playing and watching calibur.

To late comers: Sorry you couldn't be let into the bracket by the time you came, but thanks for showing up and supporting the game!

To noshows: WHY.

Thanks again to everyone!

SPECIAL THANKS to Wu and Chemie for keeping everything running smoothly. Thanks to Alex for being the mad genius behind having this tourney. Thanks to everybody who came out and made SCV the biggest 3D game at NCR. I love that shit!

Big shout outs to the whole gang for giving Dope Dojo the opportunity to compete in an actual Tournament. Definitely going to be looking forward to more of these sorts of events. Hopefully Namco will get a clue and give us some kind of boost support. Until then let's just show them and everybody else that Soul Calibur ain going away and that there is a community that needs to be represented.

Much love to errybody

Dope Dojo

Thank you everyone who participated in this event--whether you competed, helped put the event together or watched our stream via shitty hotel internet (we apologize)--thank you. It's been a while since I've helped to be a TO for a tournament, and I'm really satisfied with how smoothly things went. (VF5 didn't happen due to lack of participants because of Sega Cup and a previous late-night session.) I played like ass at this tournament, but oh well!

Before I go on to shout-outs, just wanted to clarify something. The official participant count for DOA5 was 27 and Tekken was 28. But according to some judges, there were some no-shows for the tournaments. For our SCV side tournament, we had 26 registered participants with one no-show, so we were told that we ended up having as much of a presence for our side tournament held in a random hotel suite compared to a main event at NCR. That's freaking awesome, guys!

Shoutouts:

SoCal--I'm really glad some SoCal players made it out. It was great to see everyone again and I hope we made your trip worth it!

Tomahawk--Amazing commentary. It was hella fun hanging out this weekend...minus the fact that you accused me of killing whales...and for some reason this conversation is in the stream archive. And the fact that you and everyone else tried to get me drunk the whole weekend with your gospel-preaching peer pressure...Anyways! It was fun!

Alex J.--Good shit for coming up with this idea. Glad I could help make it into a reality. And by the way, my eyebrows are better than yours so suck it.

Wu--You, Alex and I make a good team. We need to put together another event in the future. And it was fun hanging out with you and Chelsie this weekend!

Chelsie--You adorable sweet thing you this is what I wanted to show you:
Plaid + big ass is the way to go!!! And thanks for helping out with the tournament!

Big Bunny--My hunny bunny lover I wish Alex and Norcalibur in general would stop being gay for you. Thanks for helping out and lifting all of the heavy stuff for me. And thanks for waking up at 7am with me so we can buy chairs and tables for the room<3

Cedric--Nice to finally meet you! Hopefully we'll get some chances to play more since I don't really have any Violas to play with.

Koompbala--Nice to meet you as well! Too bad we never met when I lived in the Davis/Sac area.

Royale--Good seeing you again, dude! I don't know if you play online but hit me up if you do, or if you get a chance hopefully we'll see each other again at another Norcalibur session.

Hates--Congrats on the victory and sorry about the mix-up! You are a rich, honest man in my eyes.

NorCal--You guys are awesome and it's always fun to chill.

To anyone else I forgot--You are all awesome and I'm sorry if I'm blanking out right now. Knocked out at around 11 pm after the tournament and slept for about 11 hours...and I'm still tired. ><

It was really fun to watch, great matches. Glad to see that at least somewhere this game still lives.

Congratulations to Hates, and thanks to Tomahawk for an awesome commentary.

Before I go on to shout-outs, just wanted to clarify something. The official participant count for DOA5 was 27 and Tekken was 28. But according to some judges, there were some no-shows for the tournaments. For our SCV side tournament, we had 26 registered participants with one no-show, so we were told that we ended up having as much of a presence for our side tournament held in a random hotel suite compared to a main event at NCR. That's freaking awesome, guys!
:3

To be able to stumble around in between actually running NCR and the side tournament actually happening was extremely enjoyable.

I've heard enough stories to keep me giggling like a schoolgirl for a few weeks until the next meet-up.

Overall the tournament was a huge success. Thank you Mica and Wu for helping me and making the whole thing possible. There is no way it could of even been half the tourney without you two. As a whole, I want Cali to start being more active and playing the game more. I will say one thing before shoutouts though, someone did get way too drunk for his own good after the tourney. Keep that stuff at home, I am in this scene to play videogames and to chill with people. I'm not afraid to get physical if I need to but there should be no reason for it. For the person this applies to, you have been warned. I'll give you another chance, but after that you will most likely be banned from every tourney.

Now for the more happy stuff, shoutouts.

Tomahawk: I am glad as hell you decided to come to this. It was mad fun hanging out with you and shooting the shit. I'll keep sending players your way and hopefully both our scenes can start growing again. Whether its Norcal or Socal, I want to start having more tourneys and people from each scene showing up. Look forward to the next time we can hang out.

Sojoro: It was cool to see you come out here. The whole Cheez-its incident was kind of amazing. Good luck on your paper and let me know if you need any more help on it.

Galen: After all this time it was cool to finally meet you in person. Hopefully you start picking up the game again because you could easily be one of the best players in the area. Also congrats on getting 2nd in DOA.

Koompbala: Good to see you again man, it's been forever. I know there are a few people down in the Sacremento area down to play. Also there is Dope Dojo which isn't super far. So hopefully you can start making it out to more events.

DopeDojo: I am so glad that you are now a part of this community. You guys have actually gotten me to want to play more and more excited about my scene. I was getting a little discouraged at one point. Hopefully you guys continue to enjoy the game and continue to get better. I think Dope Dojo had a good showing for their first tourney. I am sure you guys will continue to grow as players also.

Hates: Congrats on getting 1st, after the tournament I realized which 2 characters I probably should of used on you. Hindsight's a bitch lol. I'm sure we will get another chance to play each other in the next tourney.

Chelsie: I am happy to see you starting to embrace the community and come out more. Good luck getting better and hope to see you soon.

Manta: Nice classic mirror match lol. Look forward to the next one.

Rocktapus: You did well in the tourney, hopefully you got some games in with Hates and had some good Cervy tactic discussions. I am sure if you keep up with the game you will continue to do damage. Glad you came out.

Damon: Didn't get to play you this time but I am glad you came out. Good shit against Dope Dojo.

To Xyerith, Dr. Crimson Rain, and everyone else who showed up. Thank you for coming and for making it a great event.

For anyone who didn't know. Here are a few resources to be better in tap with the Cali Community.

Norcal Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200581696699876/

Socal Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278427685561917/

Dope Dojo twitter: https://twitter.com/DopeDojo

Finally made it home and am about to get to sleep! So where do I begin. First thanks to everyone in Norcal in general. Yall are cool folks and it was great to see more new blood and a big ups to Dope Dojo. I see big things from these cats. Keep playing and getting better.
SoCal: Rule #1 Dont get got. Good seeing Roctapus and Damon making the drive up. We gotta grind more now.

NorCal: Man yall are hella cool to chill around. I am now convinced that Krayzie CD is the Batman or Norcal. Outside of standard solidness but with enough prep time everyone dies! Nyawu thanks for the streaming equipment and the team of folks who all went in and put the Baller Room together. It indeed was Baller!

RIP: To the premium internet.
Chemie: :) we only do it cause we like ya! The whale thing was mad funny though (Imma jerk >:D )

Hates: Solid stuff dude I got something for that new griminess in the future.

The stream chat: Yall are too good.

This is one of those I dont want to give shot outs to everyone cause it would honestly take too long and I would just much rather continue all convos again once we meet so yeah. NCR we a back drop to the beastly baller room. Good stuff folks for showing up and supporting!

I've finally recuperated from lack of sleep. It was nice going up there and meeting all the NorCal cool cats and others. Hopefully I can make it out to future events and what not. Shout outs to:

NorCal and non-SoCal or non-NorCal/others-

Alex J. - You da man for making and planning this event in the first place. Grats on taking second. Fun times, still haven't played you. Thanks for helping me on my assignment. I'll PM you if I have any more questions.

chemie - I also wanted to see you kill whales ;), but unfortunately that didn't happen. Good job on running the tournament and dodging calls from the hotel staff. Also, is Twitter the best possible way to contact you. I still need one more person to interview for my assignment if you don't mind, or I'll try PM'ing you as well.

Hates - Congrats on taking first place and helping me out on the assignment as well. I like your passion for teaching students and having power over them all. No homo, although Fenris and the stream chat pointed that out : #GayForHates.

KrayzieCD - Like Tomahawk said, you are the Batman of NorCal. Thanks for bodying me with Maxi. Apparently, I still don't like free damage or win.

Manta, Sora, Soakrates, MarKOed, Koompbala, Nyawu, Chelsie, xyerith, Dylan and others: Nice meeting you again and the new people I haven't met as well. Hopefully, we can play more casuals in the future.

DopeDojo - Sorry if I forgot who is who, but good job at the team battle. I very much enjoyed it even though Damon did most of the work. Try harder next time. You guys can always play me online on PSN. Same name.

SoCal-

Tomakawk - Thanks for the ride to NCR, you are the bestest and hypest commentator that the event needed. Things I Learned from your commentary: Rule #1: Don't get GOT. Do dem agAs. Like and Get Free Damage. Finish Combos and Win. Last but not least: TAP THE ROCKIES, COORS LIGHT!!! (Also, I hope you don't notice that small error Kappa)

Sir "IluvThatNeck" Damon - Repping you hard for your amazing Raphael play, especially during the team battle against DopeDojo. Thanks for driving up just to support. Will see you and Roc in SoCal events.

Lord Roctapus - Keep on doing those iGDRs, I hate Cervy ;D. Thank you and Damon for driving up to NorCal. I will also see you in future SoCal SCV events.

Other things - Shout outs to dead premium internet, the Captain, Lipton Tea Bags, Coors Light, Cheez-its, Batman, John Madden and NFL, random Jimbonator shoutout due to football, and stream monsters.

-#RIP premium Internet.

-Thanks Captain Morgan for not making me feel better and making me want black Cheez-its (should be sponsored by Tomahawk =|).

-Thanks Lipton for officially sponsoring Alex J. by making his tea bags sweeter and his opponents saltier in SCV.

-Thanks Coors Light for making Siegfried's :CE: all the more enjoyable. I should be sponsored by them.

-John Madden/NFL/Football stomps/Jimbo "football" moment. That goddamn football.

-Stream monsters for making stream chat ever more enjoyable. Kappa

-Also, Namco for making this game in the first place. Thank you based Namco.

Sojoro out and pursuing dem black Cheez-its.

I've finally recuperated from lack of sleep. It was nice going up there and meeting all the NorCal cool cats and others. Hopefully I can make it out to future events and what not. Shout outs to:

NorCal and non-SoCal or non-NorCal/others-

Alex J. - You da man for making and planning this event in the first place. Grats on taking second. Fun times, still haven't played you. Thanks for helping me on my assignment. I'll PM you if I have any more questions.

chemie - I also wanted to see you kill whales ;), but unfortunately that didn't happen. Good job on running the tournament and dodging calls from the hotel staff. Also, is Twitter the best possible way to contact you. I still need one more person to interview for my assignment if you don't mind, or I'll try PM'ing you as well.

Hates - Congrats on taking first place and helping me out on the assignment as well. I like your passion for teaching students and having power over them all. No homo, although Fenris and the stream chat pointed that out : #GayForHates.

KrayzieCD - Like Tomahawk said, you are the Batman of NorCal. Thanks for bodying me with Maxi. Apparently, I still don't like free damage or win.

Manta, Sora, Soakrates, MarKOed, Koompbala, Nyawu, Chelsie, xyerith, Dylan and others: Nice meeting you again and the new people I haven't met as well. Hopefully, we can play more casuals in the future.

DopeDojo - Sorry if I forgot who is who, but good job at the team battle. I very much enjoyed it even though Damon did most of the work. Try harder next time. You guys can always play me online on PSN. Same name.

SoCal-

Tomakawk - Thanks for the ride to NCR, you are the bestest and hypest commentator that the event needed. Things I Learned from your commentary: Rule #1: Don't get GOT. Do dem agAs. Like and Get Free Damage. Finish Combos and Win. Last but not least: TAP THE ROCKIES, COORS LIGHT!!! (Also, I hope you don't notice that small error Kappa)

Sir "IluvThatNeck" Damon - Repping you hard for your amazing Raphael play, especially during the team battle against DopeDojo. Thanks for driving up just to support. Will see you and Roc in SoCal events.

Lord Roctapus - Keep on doing those iGDRs, I hate Cervy ;D. Thank you and Damon for driving up to NorCal. I will also see you in future SoCal SCV events.

Other things - Shout outs to dead premium internet, the Captain, Lipton Tea Bags, Coors Light, Cheez-its, Batman, John Madden and NFL, random Jimbonator shoutout due to football, and stream monsters.

-#RIP premium Internet.

-Thanks Captain Morgan for not making me feel better and making me want black Cheez-its (should be sponsored by Tomahawk =|).

-Thanks Lipton for officially sponsoring Alex J. by making his tea bags sweeter and his opponents saltier in SCV.

-Thanks Coors Light for making Siegfried's :CE: all the more enjoyable. I should be sponsored by them.

-John Madden/NFL/Football stomps/Jimbo "football" moment. That goddamn football.

-Stream monsters for making stream chat ever more enjoyable. Kappa

-Also, Namco for making this game in the first place. Thank you based Namco.

Sojoro out and pursuing dem black Cheez-its.

Should we just do an e-mail interview? Sorry I completely forgot after the tournament since I went to go meet up with a friend. I can PM you my e-mail address if you want.

Shoutouts

Chemie & Big Bunny - Thanks for running things smoothly. I had fun hanging out with you two. Those casuals we had Big that was rough. It got me good enough to place decent in the tourney though.

Nyawu - Thanks for streaming I enjoyed the one match we had. Even though that was an elimination match and you 3-0ed me. I felt each match was close it was very exciting.

Alex J. There's always some form of entertainment when you're around. Its always a pleasure even though I tend to be quiet sometimes like NDK.

Sojoro - I didn't forget about you. I enjoyed our casuals. You helped me out with that character knowledge. Playing you reminded me how to fight Sieg.

Now if only I can remember the Dampierre Guy and The Algol I fought in the tourney. None of us played casuals but I did enjoy the talks we had.

I got 9th though what the hell. What is with that number and me. SCIV NCR 9th place, Elk Grove tournaments 9th place, NCR last year for VF5: FS 9th place, and finally this year SCV NCR 9th place. I'm cursed by the #9 like Jim Carey is with the #23.

Back