[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

@Will: DANG OG! don't hurt em! lol. GG's in winston. You need to move to Triangle. Make it happen. Now.
Co-sign, hurry up and make that move, Will. And figure out a way to bring the other guys down there w/ you, haha.

@ Doug: Should be getting a new car soon. I'll be able to come out next week. You guys still playing on tuesdays or did it move to thursdays?
Tuesdays are still the rule, Thursdays for when a Tuesday doesn't work, for whatever reason (like these past two weeks). Hoping for Tuesday next week, we'll see.

Ok, I finally went back and read all that nonsense.

@D4rkSch1sm: We really don't need you here. If you feel so strongly about SC4 then good luck to you and maybe Namco will cater to you when SC6 comes around. Your discontent isn't going to do anything for the NC community or the 8wayrun community as a whole. What are you trying to prove by repeating yourself over and over? Do you think just because you don't like it others are going to change their minds? We really don't care if you dislike SC4, because, frankly, most of us don't know who the hell you are.

To me you're an online pop-star of SC4. You prance around forums like you're someone and dismiss people you don't know as scrubs or newbies just because you played SC4 more diehard than the rest of us. Get the hell outta here w/ that bull-turkey! You started playing calibur at SC4 and you're on here talking like you're Tupac when you're just Lil' Wayne. We've been playin' this game before ya balls even dropped. You're going to talk that jive to robocurse like he hasn't been around? Dude been playin' since SC2 and plays other fighting games well enough to compete.

So, here's a little homework assignment for ya: Who are all these players? Why am I the only one that's diggin' SC4? Why wasn't there anyone in NC to play against offline during SC4?

I'll help you out a bit: Because us OGs knew SC4 was trash and the new people who favored it were mostly trash. So we didn't play. Most of us migrated over to less trashy Street Fighter 4 while Namco sat and thought about their mistakes a bit. :P

If you want to talk credentials... You have none compared to the rest of us. KrayzieCD said you were trash. I didn't see you at any Final Round. You name drop like Paris Hilton with tourette syndrome: Good shit! You play against Enkindu online. I've played with him on a daily basis when I lived in Florida in that game you could only dream of as an inbred fetus: Soul Calibur II. We even had a lil' drama between us back then. How many tournaments have you won? Me and longshot have won several in SC3. NC has done pretty well before SC4 destroyed the very basics of the game. longshot and Villainous have even been invited to MLG. Should I continue? Oh, I don't think I need to. I'll only open my mouth again when NC wakes up in SC5 or when you say something stupid again.

P.S.
This is also to your little girlfriend screamin' in my ear while Xianghua gushed all over her Tira in glorious 720p lesbian action: 2Ks are negative on hit and don't have that much range like your lil' man. If you want to scream in my ear wait until I'm single and D4rksch1sm isn't in the room. I don't cyber. :P

Oh soul calibur drama, how I missed you. Things just haven't been the same since the old forum days.

tumblr_m2wqhcqM7e1r06g8po1_500.jpg

48 hours left for the special 30$ pre-register price for Civil War 4. Save yourself 10$

http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Join players: [FC] NYChrisG, Dieminion, UVG Noel Brown, MH|AlukardNY, DMG MCZ Lud, MH|Rayray, CoCo OmG iTz Andre, JiBbo, HAV, Ultradavid, Skisonic, DJ Huoshen, RyRy and many more as they all battle for EVO points and the right to raise up one of our Civil War champion swords!

The action starts on Friday night with hype team tournaments! Catch up on after hours exhibition matches in the 24hr Salty Suite! Come play on one of the 8 arcade cabinets set on free play the entire weekend! Enjoy the multitude of food options with over 50 food establishments within 3miles, along with with plenty of delivery options.

If you can't make it, catch all the action streamed by Team Sp00ky.

For more information: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/CivilWarDetails

Living in Greensboro NC. Looking for some offline people to play.

PM me.

@D4rkSch1sm

It's unfortunate that you dislike sc5. It took me some getting used to, but once I did I liked it. I can understand why people may not like sc5 though, there are things about it that piss me off, but all in all it's a great game. I enjoyed playing sc4 with you that one day, although I must be honest, your friend is a total Douche-bag, you know, the guy who screamed all the time and button smashes with Maxi?

Don't tell him I said that though, but damn that guy was annoying.

so I guess no one play SCV in NC?
I am in raleigh, just got back, so if anyone up for some casual just post here or message me.

Yeah. We're just all so spread out. Before, I blamed the community. But seriously, it's the economy.

Ok, I don't know how many people read this anymore, but I just finished a small conversation with longshot. We're thinking about setting up a weekly lounge on the Philadelphia server titled "NC Players." What I'm asking is for time and availability for each player trying to participate. I'm thinking this will be a M-F late night thing, since weekends are usually tournaments and offline sessions. But since a lot of us aren't traveling as much this will give us a weekly dose of calibur.

However, there are some Pros and Cons of playing in a private lounge.
Pros
  • A lounge allows 16 players to enter.
  • No waiting to fight anybody if there is an even number of people in the room.
  • If you need more time fighting a particular character you can continuously fight the same player without inconveniencing other players that are waiting.
  • We can easily hold mini-tournaments! Actually, I think this would be a good way to close each session.
  • Socialize and ask questions with more efficiency considering there is no time limit to chat so there are no matches to be missed.
Cons
  • I don't think you can make the room strictly private so that no one else is able to enter. But, I personally don't have a problem with that.
  • I don't think other players can be a spectator for other matches. But if we're all busy playing and learning this shouldn't be too big of a problem.
If we have less than six people any particular night we'll set up a regular room.
Let me and longshot in on what you guys think (those of you that still actually check the forums). Spread the word to anyone else that doesn't check 8wayrun and has PSN. Please let us know what nights you are available.
My PSN: XianghuaFlow

I'm in Greensboro. My online connection sucks so bad that's it's not even worth it. Wouldn't mind some offline competition. PM me if you're within 20 miles of me.

I'm gonna send you a friend request later tonight, Kuchiki.

@damn-I-Suck: I'll let you know the next time I'm in Winston. That's where I'm originally from.

Anyone in Charlotte up for some games next week (7/30 - 8/3)? I'm mainly a Cervy player. Sometimes I play NM and am trying to learn Yoshi

Gentleman, just wondering if anyone would be able to entertain Belial this coming MLG. I believe he's arriving in Raleigh on Tuesday the 21st so about two days before the rest of us will be getting there. This will be a great opportunity to play who I believe is the greatest Mitsu out there and learn from a real pro, our comrade Captain Russia! Come on Carolina! Step up!

How much $ for this tourney @ Raleigh and are their any prerequisites such as placing in another tournament or something?

Heck, I'd come for casuals at the very least..

thx Greatone for putting this up. Ill arrive at Raleigh on 21st evening, but I'll probably just sleep through the night. Next day Shen Yuan arrives as well, so if anyone can get us set up to play that would be more than welcome. I'll be staying at Sheraton most probably.

How much $ for this tourney @ Raleigh and are their any prerequisites such as placing in another tournament or something?

Heck, I'd come for casuals at the very least..
It's an MLG tournament and it's open to everyone that's willing to buy a pass. Unfortunately for some people it's a little pricey at $50 to enter the tournament but it's a great chance to meet all these guys and learn more than you ever could in a forum or playing online. And I can assure you everyone is fucking great in person. Hell that's why I'm spending at last $1000 on this trip total (that I really can't afford lol) because all these guys are fucking great. I believe they may have spectator passes that are a little cheaper but I would highly suggest entering the tournament as you can't beat that experience. Either way you should show up.

Well unfortunately I can't afford 50$ :(

But can I just show up and not enter the tourney? You know just to play people casuals?

I might even have to borrow money for gas :(

Played some good matches with SilverImpulse last night offline. It's been awhile since I played a human being!

I.... Neeed.... Moar... Souls!!

I live in Greensboro, if you're within 50 miles of me, hit me up.

Back