North East Championship XI

Plus there's usually people who show up late. Was there an issue from last year that you're concerned about?

In 3-day tournaments, doing teams first isn't a problem, but in 2-day tournaments, you run the risk of having people not being able to finish their matches and having to leave to catch their flights home. This happened with Tekken 6 last year. Lots of people still in the winners brackets had to forfeit and bounce because teams took pretty much all of Saturday and singles barely started before the ballroom had to shutdown for the evening. They were hoping for everything to be done with the exception of top 8 on sunday, which was what was supposed to happen originally, if I remember correctly. That was not the case. People had to catch flights early to mid Sunday so that they could be back home to get ready for work on Monday. T6 did not finish until about 4:30pm last year.

Most tekken players were not happy about last year's NEC and were hoping for singles to start before teams this year. Not a good look...

I'm sure the SC tourneys will be fine with this format, though. Looks like the number of attendees is just the right size to be able to run the tourneys and finish with time left over for hanging out/casuals.

I'm not sure if I'll even be playing SC, but I'll post up if I decide on playing something.

On that note, I don't see the RSVP button anywhere. I see the Request Reminder link and that's it...

Got some real good news CLASSIC GAME JUNKIE has signed on to be one of NECXI sponsors, Guys this is a great store check their facebook page out.

I will post more info later about CGJ.

Hey guys just doing a promo for Classic Game Junkie. They are our newest sponsor for NEC. Check out their facebook page.

Classic Game Junkie lives up to its names as a store that has everything from the father of all game consoles, The Odyssey, to obscure systems like the RCA Studio, Neo-Geo and Atari Jaguar to the hottest consoles of today. Their library of games keeps growing along with their good nature and excellent customer service which is second to none. Not even gamestop can equal their hospitality. And along with huge a collection of games they offer console repair and even have import games to offer.Any questions regarding console repair, or just looking for that hard to find games just give Frank(store Owner) a call. Or stop by as well.

Frank Stanchek
215-690-4371
111 S. Easton RoadGlenside, PA 19038

Wait, they're running teams before singles again this year?

Did they not learn anything from last year?

Edit: How do you RSVP for these things again? I haven't been to the tournament forums in a while, so I guess things have changed some.
Hubbs will be running singles first for tekken.

Yeah if you check the Zaibatsu post you will have seen that I will run tekken singles first and teams after/towards the end.

Updated list:

Soul Calibur 4: ($100 pot bonus)

Malice
FightClubHuBBs
Woahhzz
RTD
Mick
ShadowG
Partisan
Ramon
ChuckTheChocolatelySlipNSlide
OmG iTz Andre
Ghost Cobra
MTFighter
LostProvidence
Hawkeye
AkazukinChaCha
Jaxel
JJJ
Kikaleek
Kit
Rigil
Sporko
ZeroEffect
Anuedee
133MHz
rekki
OmegaXCN
Jer
Hudathan
D00mB0x
InsaneKhent
BrewtusBibulus
SWBeta
kPc
Pacifist

Soul Calibur 3:

Malice
RTD
Mick
ShadowG
Bubbles
MaxxDreamkiller
Partisan
Ramon
rekki
Jer
InsaneKhent
BrewtusBibulus

Soul Calibur 2:

Malice
FightClubHuBBs
RTD
Mick
ShadowG
MaxxDreamkiller
Ramon
133MHz
rekki
Jer
BrewtusBibulus
SWBeta
kPc
Pacifist

SoulCalibur:

Malice
FightClubHuBBs
RTD
Mick
ShadowG
Ramon
SirKanchi
Jer
BrewtusBibulus

Guys I should have paypal setup later tonight.

Just going to take venue fee, shirt fee, and probably entry fee for super, that way I can get you guys squared away on time. And make sure everyone else is hAppy. Also can some bring a xbox copy of bb so I can have a few setup's so you guys can get some casual gaming.

France: Dina + Kira + Malek confirmed.

How to go from Philadelphia airport to the event ?
Where can we stay ? Is there someone who can host the 3 of us ?
THX

Malek do you guys only go for the 2 days? Or travel NY or something? Hmmm...i will have to ask a friend if he wants to check out NY for a week, just need to do it cheap somehow, sheraton is too expensive :)

EDIT:

Oh can some US and A guy tell me whats the cheapest possible to solution to stay in NY from like 2.12 to 13.12 with the exception for the tourney? + would some NY guys take me and a friend to Philly with the car?

greets, doc.

EDIT 2:

Ok it seems like i will be there, too. I will fly to NY with a friend, so it would be supercool if some NY guys could take us two to Philly. Of course we will pay gas/whatever. Can somebody host us for the night in Philly? We will have to pay so much money to stay in NY, would be cool to save at least one night of costs.

Dont expect me to do well in SC :) I go mainly to check out NY, still im looking forward to meet you guys...i hope the first day is enough to get some casuals in, dont have time at all to play right now!

+ Its PS3, right? I need a new pad in this case^^

THX
I just sent you guys a email, with all the info.

If you need anything else call or text me.

THX

There's a shuttle bus at the airport that will take you to the Hotel that NEC will be held at. The sheraton is offering a discount on their rooms at $95 a night. Originally priced at $140 becuase its an all suite hotel. So you guys will get to sleep in luxury at a much cheaper price. Check for the internet link on the front page to reserve your rooms. Or you guys can all share a room and split the cost. A LOT of us do that.

@docvizzo: you should try to get in touch with Jaxel or Bibulus to see if they don't mind housing you for a few unless someone from NY is able to.

SC4 will be ran on PS3. SC2/3 on PS2. I have no clue what SC1 will be on. If people want to bring a 360 and get the game, we can run it on that. If not, then Dreamcast.

If you guys could where/when you're expecting to arrive, it will be easier for people to try and help out if they have some idea when to expect you guys to get here.

Also, these suites are big, so get a few people together and split the cost. There should also be plenty of time to get in casuals as long as people come through with games/consoles.

Lastly, here's an updated list because $*** just got real:

Soul Calibur 4: ($100 pot bonus)

Malice
FightClubHuBBs
Woahhzz
RTD
Mick
ShadowG
Partisan
Ramon
ChuckTheChocolatelySlipNSlide
OmG iTz Andre