North East Championships 13 (2012) Results!

I have never said that about any game. Though I may if Kinect Calibur turns out to actually be a thing.

Congratulations to Xeph. Shout outs to up-and-comer Jimbonator Jimbonating. Shout outs to character diversity in the Top 16 that dumb people said would be full of Nightmare and Mitsurugi. Shout outs to Reptile not using Raphael. Shout outs to bad players that play bad characters not winning. Shout outs to MAMBA.
I get no shoutout XD was my first major T_T First tournament really

Reactions: LP
please, spell my name right :(. I'm sensitive about this!

shot out to GO for sponsoring me and the stream for the peer pressure. the experience was worth the paper
shot out to jaxel for the stream and pass
shot out to malice and omegaxcn to the ride
shot out to xeph for taking first and being beast
shot out to hawkeye and thermidor for busting my shit in tourney
shot out to lp, shinji and dion for the fun sleepless night that i regret
shot out to cross, jim, zeroeffect for good ass tourney games
shot out to partisan for being awesome and my favorite player to fight against
shot out to reptile for bringing in the new top tier
shot out to irockthemaxi for surprising me in our first set of casuals
shot out to sandman and saltface for the fun casuals
shot out to ramon for being the funniest man in the sc community
shot out to sporko and jjj for always making my day
shot out to hoenir for being hoenir
shot out to rtd for being super cool
shot out to jimmypikachuchoi and friends for being awesome
shot out to khent for making it out there even though he's so busy
shot out to cross' sister for the company and thermidor's gf for the guilt trip.
shot out to boom and bibulus for awesome commentating
shot out to humantyphoon for giving me tips to me while im grumpy and had no sleep
shot out to anyone i mightve miss and will update

I will take the game more seriously and be active again after finals. :) see you guys again

Oh dang, haven't posted anything here. I'm bad at this kind of thing but whateva!

NEC was a total blast! This was my 2nd time in the US for SCV and the trip didn't disappoint in the slightest. It was great seeing the SC community again outside of my local region and it was even better seeing so many new faces show up and contribute to what is traditionally one of the biggest Soul Calibur events in North America.

As for the tournament itself, it was pretty damn good. The new venue seemed kind of cluttered at first, but as the weekend progressed it grew on me more and more. The best part about it for me was that the venue setup allowed SC to get the spotlight for its top 4 during Finals Day and had spectators from a variety of non-SC games!

The competition was no joke either. Pretty much all the "big names" in NA were present and if that wasn't enough, you have plenty of new names coming out and making their mark in the scene.

As for me, I was initially down about my placing but after talking to some of the players and thinking things over I realised that it motivates me more than anything else. It gave me a good idea on where I need to improve and how to do so, which is something I've kind of been lost on for a while now.

Anyways... Congrats to the top 3: LP, Hawkeye and Xephukai. You guys put on a great show for the finals and motivated a number of us to get hype for this awesome game once again. And stealth props to Reptile for placing 4th in his first real major, showing the world how Aeon is played and repping our country better than me!

And congrats to the top 16 for (hopefully) reaching a point where you feel you will only get better from here on out. I know that I'll be practising more than ever in the coming months and I expect that I won't be the only one trying to crack that top 8 and beyond!

I'd do a shoutouts list with individual names, but I would never be able to finish it :( So instead I'll just thank everybody for coming out this past weekend and showing that our game is still alive and well. I miss all of you already!

I also need to thank Greatone for organizing all of the room stuff, Woahhzz and Reptile for covering me for food and stuff :P, Sporko for letting some of us stay at his place for a while after we checked out of the hotel/driving Reptile and I to the bus stop and Bibulus(Bibuloso) for driving us to Sporko's place.

If I forgot anyone who helped me out this weekend, I sincerely apologize. There was so much going on and the bus ride home (14 hrs? x_x) killed half of my memories.

Also, my condolences to the poor deer that our bus hit on the way to Philly :(

I will never forget u ♥

Edit: Shoutouts to Khent and Sandman for lending us those two monitors in our room for casuals. It was very much appreciated.

Edit 2: When I was yelling "I KNEW IT!" during teams, that was me saying Pat lines and not talking shit. I apologize if my belligerent behaviour was offensive in USA D;

2013 will be a great year for this game!

Edit 2: When I was yelling "I KNEW IT!" during teams, that was me saying Pat lines and not talking shit. I apologize if my belligerent behaviour was offensive in USA D;

Lol. I'm guessing that's sarcasm...dunno with you Canadians. >_>

Omg...we've gotta work on your shit talking and you being a more ruthless as a player!

Lesson one: O Pyr's regular a grab sets up dat grab vortex. es 2 cheep

Umm, did someone lose some glasses? They're golden-rimmed shades. Not sure how they got in my bag but I left it there the entire weekend so blame someone else. >_>

futurestarmk2's combo video with ToD combos

France banning her was ridiculous so I made my own Anti-Viola video.

I do agree Viola should have never been banned. I absolutely hated to see Kayane's sad face when they banned her in France. That being said, this anti Viola video is unhelpful atleast for the most part.

REASONS WHY: (and assuming we are talking about smart viola's out there)

1. we don't just throw out moves
2. we rarely throw out moves that are very unsafe on block for ^ these reasons. (If we do throw out one you can be sure there's a set orb 6(b+k) before it or its used inside of a combo)
3. You don't get to start the match with 1 meter
4. Not everyone uses Leixa or has a auto GI, or a fast enough CE.

Honestly, fighting against viola is as simple as knowing when to step during set orb 6(b+k) and back stepping to bait out whiffs (as a viola player has a better chance to whiff then to throw out alot of unsafe moves) do to her extremely short range. It makes me cringe when I see these type of videos put up. It's like the Saitoh video on how to kill maxi. You can know every punishment option possible but the way you learn to fight against a character you have difficulty with is to keep fighting that character. That persistence can teach you better then any anti character matchup video In my opinion and I'm sure a lot would agree.

I'm going to be the asshole and say this-
If you have nothing to say about NEC, or anything pertaining to NEC, then get out of the topic. This isn't the "BAN VIOLA!!!111" thread or the "VIOLA IS NOT BROKEEN!!!113" thread, either.

I'm going to be the asshole and say this-
If you have nothing to say about NEC, or anything pertaining to NEC, then get out of the topic. This isn't the "BAN VIOLA!!!111" thread or the "VIOLA IS NOT BROKEEN!!!113" thread, either.

Which is directed toward the person who posted a ANTI VIOLA VIDEO in this thread.

Back