North East Championships 13 (2012) Results!

Congrats to top 4, impressive showing from Reptile for first (?) big tournament, good to see Hawkeye is still strong now the matchup level's stronger, Xeph is the player to beat atm, LP maybe switching characters cost you the reflexes for some punishment, could have been different otherwise

I had lots of fun. Sorry I didn't stay longer, but have to work. Thanks to the tourney organizers for running the tourneys smoothly throughout pools for tekken and soul calibur.

RTD: Thanks for stomping on me again...lol. I had lots of fun talking with you. We gotta rep the 30+ group. I'm sure I'll see you again in some other big tourney. As promised, here is the video
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151347596136241 or

Ramon, John, Dreamkiller, Thermidor: good seeing you guys again. Sorry didn't get time to chitchat more or hang out with you guys. Delnar, I will try to seduce you know who. BTW I loved your shirt you wore last year. I was too shy to talk with you.

Rikuto: Nice rallying to kill me, after I sent you to losers. You stepped it up for sure.

LP and Hawkeye: Always cool watching you guys play. Need to practice more against you guys when I have time.

Sluch: Wish I would seen you playing Calibur. Tekken was really tough, and I am just glad I won matches this year. I'm sure I'll see you again for more midwest tourneys.

Ashley: You and I are like sistas. We need to do more gossiping about our favorite hot SC players. I'll try and teach you more Lex moves and strats as well. Hope you have a safe trip back to FL. May see you at CEO.

Gang/Kang/Cain from MN and the other Yoshimitsu and Lizardman Peeps: Cool hanging out with you. It's always fun to play other ppl, and since most of you are close by (2-4 hrs away), you should come by to Madison to play some of us. Thanks for the rides.

Woahhzz: You are so cool. I loved getting thrashed by your Patsuka. Your execution is crazy amazing. I'll try and pick up some of those things that that other Leixia player was doing against you in the tourney. he was really good too.

Bibulus OmegaXCN and Jaxel: great seeing you guys. Hope to play you guys again.

Other tekken players; Sorry, I'm really bad with ppl's names. I had fun playing against all of you though, and I'll try to practice more and get better.

Jimmy: I literally got caught in the TTT2 vortex this past weekend at NEC. It was a done deal for me. Lol. I'm definitely going to be traveling to tournaments like always, so we'll get some Tekken & Soul Calibur matches in for sure sometime soon my good sir.

I'm glad I got to go to NEC 13! It was so much fun playing! Although I was the very first victim of the Reptile Rage, I still got to see some damn good action! Next time I have to book a room at the venue so I can be closer to the after hours side games. Catch ya at NEC 14!

Hey all,

I would like to say thanks to all how showed up to NEC 13. Yes, my voice is back to normal. It took a couple of days but it was worth it. When i get a chance out of working hours. I will put out a proper shout out.

But for a quick one, it was great to see everyone again and im looking forward to the next one. Peace

Have a lot of time- for a lot of shoutouts...

Jaxel: I didn't really get to speak with you as much as FSAK this time around, but shit... you were busy as fuck. Thanks for streaming, being n anchor in the community, and for supporting not just Calibur, but your FGC people too. Streaming Tekken, VF, DOA(?) and SC all weekend- sounds like a shit ton of work.

Kit & Kit's younger brother: Yooo, that black captain was the bomb. Thank you both for being the first great moment of NEC for me. Let's kick it more next time. Oh, and shoutouts to Kit for being a beast of a TO.

Hawkeye:
You and I become even better friends with each tournament. First rounds on me at FR... Oh, and I'll finally be 21 by then. Anyays, love you brother, don't kick my ass too hard at FR either!

LostProvidence:
Same as Donnie, you and I become better friends every time. Uhm... actually, same shit as Donnie again! First rounds on me at FR. and you should know the rest. But for real, CHICAGO is like the absolute shit. Love you too, brother.

TeamJumpingisUseless: What can I say, we pretty muched fucked the tournament up. Shouts for top placing in teams and singles, lolololo

Greatone: My nigga! I'm going to go ahead and just say that you being my rooming partner is the reason I do so well in tournaments. But man, you're one of the people I miss the most after tournaments. Let's room at FR PLEASE.

Ramon & Brittany: Just want to say thank you Ramon for being like a brother to me. Your words help, A LOT. Not to mention your knowledge/Skill as a player is only overshadowed by your support-type attitude. You're one of the funniest people I've ever met, probably most interesting person of the community. Love you brother. Also, nice meeting you Brittany- You and Ramon are like the perfect couple. Fun playing pool, the little I played, but see ya next time.

Partisan: Ahh, my Canadian alter ego! You're the shit man, wish you had a better showing- but we've talked, you're more motivated to kick ass efficiently. I honestly was worried about fighting your annoying ass in the tournament. Anyways, FR, DO ETT!

RTD: Thanks for all the encouraging words since we first met at DEV via 2K11. Or, actually, since we met online. Also, you know you still hold my memory of the funnest fucking tournament every, WHICH WAS DEV 2K11. See you at FR I hope, I'm afraid of what you have cookin' for everyone. Nice performance, too.

Woahhzz: Damn scrub, the fuck happened?! Haha... I was soooo worried about playing you- honestly thought you'd make top 3. After playing you back in the room, I know you would've beat me in the tournament. You're so incredibly, annoyingly good, I don't know wtf. shouts for being a complete robot. Oh, and love you too, even if I fear you ;D

Reptile: Yoooooooooo, congrats on your placement. I'm happy that you were able to put Canada on spot at a BIG US Major by placing top 4, with a excellent showing all the way through. My biggest regret is I kept fucking procastinating on playing you because I kept doing drinking and doing other shit. If you make FR, we're going to play when we first see. Again, congrats and I'm diggin' high level Aeon play.

Thermidor: OMG, I was soooo happy you took out Woahhzz. You were on point at NEC... Like, bam. I always knew you were good but shi-. Anyways, always a pleasure seeing you, we need to play next time!

BlackMamba: I have a lot of respect for your skill as a player. You are solid in SC, and from what I see, you're putting niggas on notice in DOA. Good shit, see you next time, homie.

Jimbonator: I think it's hilarious that you went to NEC and MAINTAINED 9TH! I mean, I know you're fucking good... but the irony is so hilarious. Yo, props for making me sweat in that MM. I was getting annoyed and impatient, and you capitalized and were giving me a run for my money. Hopefully you'll be at APEX and turn some more heads.

Typhoon: lol, dude, when you were trapped in that corner in the Big Juan death cage, I couldn't stop laughing. I noticed we didn't get to play, but it's always a pleasure kicking it. Much love brotha.

Sporko: Thank you so much for coming to see us, hookin' me up, and then proceeding to talk shit out your scrubby ass! Lol, but on the real, it was real good seeing you again. Haven't seen you since FSAK, but we picked up right where we left off. I'll hit you up first if I'm ever in PA.

Tiamat: Dude, I didn't know who you were at first! Haha! But nice meeting you, and very solid Algol. Funny how the only time I lost in teams, it wasn't stream. Tiamat bopped me! Hope to see you again, man. We'll play more.

Shinji: Man, it was good to see you again. GGs, too. You've improved a lot bro. I hope you keep at it, and I'll def. be seeing you at FR. Take care, Shinji.

OmegaXCN: Good kicking it with you, and meeting you. Sadly we didn't get to play, but I've seen you in tournies and watched you VS Partisan. You looked pretty annoying to fight, lol. Hope to see you again, and fantastic commentary.

Bibulus: Thanks a bunch for making the second great moment of NEC for me. You and I iwll def. be kicking it like every tourney, since you're at like.. every tourney, lol. Seeya bro.

Malice: It was nice seeing downtown with you, thanks for the trip. WaWa's had some fine ghetto booty, man. I have those pics up on FB if you tryna add me. Later homie

Sandman: Thanks a shit ton for the extra set up, you pulled through. Also, shame you had to leave so early, OH and GGs. You did pretty well- I said you would, lol. Close out of pools, but next tourney man. Hope to see you at FR.

Jonitti: lol at teams. Anways, good meeting you man, you're a very CHIIILLL dude. Anything you tryna kick it, I'm down. GGs

ZeroEffect: I saw you VS Woahhzz, and damn, you put in work. Good shit, dog. Good grabbing food with you, and hope to see you at FR.

ChosenNinja: Good meeting you, and I believe you placed at something? Anyways, hope to kick it with you again in the future.

Dreamkiller: Missed you loads. Glad we talked, even if I was a lil faded. Much love Delnar, hope to catch some drinks with you next time.

JJJ: Haven't seen you since FSAK, but it was good to see you still rocked the long hair. Hope to see you again, and we are playing for sure.

BEENEEWEENEES: Finally nice meeting you, wish we played. We were online buddies, and YES!! LOL I WAS AN ONLINE SCRUB!! like, seriously, I was, lmao. Anyways, hope to see you at FR.

RoyalLance: Didn't get to talk to you much, but I saw you around. I think it's wasup you're like at every event. I'll see you again.

Phragonist: Hope your ass practices more, and good to see you again dude. Let's play some games next time.

SonicFox: Nice to finally meet the legend himself. Good shit on placing at MK and DOA? Yeah, and being pretty good at SC. You're like a future legend gamer. Keep at it!

Saltface: I think it's pretty cool that you beat the Aeon on stream in teams! lol. Good shit. You have the skill, just need to be more calm, in my opinion. I watched all your matches, good stuff. Hope to see you at FR.

Cross of Ravens: Yoooo, some sick shit. I saw all your matches, too, and you were prettttty solid. It sucks you were in the pool you were in with two dominating killers, but hope to play you next time.

Hoenir: Good kicking it with you, wish you stilled played. I hope you practice more for the next tourney, and don't quit!!! Seeya breh.

Boom: Good job making it into top 16. You were my toughest match in pools.. which makes sense, because it was winner's finals in pools. Anyways, hope to see you still playing in the future, get at me.

Okay, hope I didn't miss anyone- fun time as usual. Big E is the man- one of the nicest TO's I've ever met. Thanks everyone for showing up and making the Soul Calibur experience what it is. Hit me up at FR for games/drank/Smoke/kickin' it, whatever the fuck. Much love.

Thanks Xeph. I didn't recognize you either I just knew some really good Pyrrha player was destroying my team lol. I was actually planning to team with Boom and AmethystLady but I couldn't find them when team signups was going on and accepted Lordsavior's offer to team with him and a Pat player I didn't know. Then I saw Boom and Amethyst again shortly before team signups were closing down and felt bad I didn't wait longer. >_> Gotta make sure I've got ppl's phone numbers next time. Anyway, it was cool meeting you and I'll see you around.

Thanks Xeph. I didn't recognize you either I just knew some really good Pyrrha player was destroying my team lol. I was actually planning to team with Boom and AmethystLady but I couldn't find them when team signups was going on and accepted Lordsavior's offer to team with him and a Pat player I didn't know. Then I saw Boom and Amethyst again shortly before team signups were closing down and felt bad I didn't wait longer. >_> Gotta make sure I've got ppl's phone numbers next time. Anyway, it was cool meeting you and I'll see you around.

i was actually that pat player. hopefully we can play each other next time. id like to get some games in against algol.

Ashley: You and I are like sistas. We need to do more gossiping about our favorite hot SC players. I'll try and teach you more Lex moves and strats as well. Hope you have a safe trip back to FL. May see you at CEO.

My only shout out! Jimmy, I love you! X and I have been spending a lot of time together since NEC. I hope, I hope you can go to CEO! We will have the best time! 30+ OGs. Can we get a gang symbol?

I had a super fun time at NEC! I love all my new friends and my old friends too. :-)

<3 WG

Okay it's about that time. This tournament was definitely one of my favorites. But what do you expect when it's a Big E tournament? I have always had a great time at his functions even if there may have been a few hiccups in the past. If you haven't made it out to a SJ, NEC, or WB you have no idea what you're missing. So I'm gonna try to shout out everyone that I can but there were so many people I got to interact with this time I'm probably just gonna have to group you into your own amazing group. Know that this isn't a slight and that I love each and everyone of y'all for coming through.

My first and biggest shout out goes to:

Big E: I appreciate all your hard work sir. No ONE puts in the hours and personal touch that you do into these things and that's why I'm committed to not missing a Big E event as long as I'm invited. Thank you once again for the help with the room situation and know that I will show my full support in any way I can for all your endeavors.

Xeph: You know I gotta shout out the champ next! As I said, I take full credit for all your success. Lol! Say bruh, we've roomed together now for the last 4 or 5 tournaments. And in that time you had a top 3, top 8(at Evo), win, win. Yeah I should start charging for this kind of luck ya heard? Lol. But seriously, I've watched you grow into one of the coolest young men I've ever met and I genuinely love hanging out with you. We gonna have to do it big at WB since you gonna be legal finally! (Yes you going to WB too nigga.)

Ramon & Britt: Y'all already know what it is. If I haven't shown my love yet then y'all need to forget all about me by now. You sexy bitches you! Wait, I mean you sexy bitch Ramon. And Britt, you lovely young lady. You know I worship you both.

DK & Hubby: DK you know what it is also. I'll be with y'all way too soon. You're gonna get so tired of me I already know. But damn will it be fun to see me get under your skin. Tell Hubby I love him already for making you happy and he must have the patience of a pope putting up with you. Lol! Either way, get back into the game nigga! Losing to Shinji? Twice? I know you have more pride than that.

Canadien: You already know you're one of my favorites even if you are a dirty foreigner. I could get into the whole "oh you'll get them next time tiger" but we already know what's up. If you don't get at least top 3 this next time I'll give up Popeyes! (for like a whole day) Thanks again for the games though and actually trying to improve on the unimprovable.

Marc: I'm so glad we finally met. I love the GSP accent and the fact that you came in and wrecked on folks. Keeping my roommate luck train wagon going. (Don't know what's wrong with that other Canadien). I can't wait to see what your got for people at the next one. Hopefully you won't get lit on Vodka Crans right before top 4 this time. Lol!

Jimbonator: I am a follower of the Jimbonation! Dude you came in and got that respect again. That match with Woahhzz was fucking rough. You almost got that top 8 spot but unfortunately I put up money on Woahhzz so my roommate magic could only go so far. Oh, you'll get 'em next time tiger. Lol!

Chicago: If is spent half the time I could listing out the ways I love y'all it'd take me at least a year. Once again, y'all already know how much I love y'all. I'm SO glad y'all were able to come. It truly isn't the same without y'all there. You boys are my family and without y'all around it would feel like there's a hole in my soul. Hearing LP say "this guy is good" and watching Dolla dance with chunky ugly chicks makes my life just a little bit better overall. Lol! See y'all in February! And I don't wanna hear no more about that!.

Dammit, I can go on and on and I probably will but let me just put this in while I can, to all you new guys who showed up I say thank you. From IRTM, to Ninjaguy (and his sister or whoever she was lol! J/K) to Sandman and more thank you all for coming through. It's great to see new faces and I hope that you all saw just how right I was. These Calibur guys are fucking awesome aren't they?

Thanks for the shoutouts guys...NEC was the most fun I've ever had playing this game...and reading the comment stated by Xeph...I totally agree with you...I do get a bit emotional when things aren't going my way & it does affect my play...don't worry though I'm working on improving upon every flaw I had as a player & I can't wait to face you guys again at Final Round...this time its on my turf ;)

Alright, time for props. Props, props, lemme see...

Big E-Man, you are a legend. Thank you so much for your continued dedication to not only our community, but the entire fighting game community at large. We all owe you a debt. And even besides that, you are a cool mother fucker in your own right. Much love

Xeph-you won so you get first dibs on player props. First and foremost good shit on your performance, you dominated singles and team play. Plus it was just good to see you again, haven't run into you since FSAK. Look forward to hopefully seeing you again at a major sometime.

Hawkeye/LP: Man, I just like you guys. As relatively new players yourselves, you're an inspiration to other new players. Yet even though you guys are starting to get a bit of that top player swagger, you're still supportive and decent to your fellow players. So good shit on that and placing. I'm sure I'll see you and the chicago crew again soon enough

Reptile-You're a blast, man, I really enjoyed meeting you. Watching you play was hype as hell, and playing against you made me scurred. Though I'd like to try you one day sober, haha. Was also fun chilling with you and Partisan Monday.

Partisan-you don't get props, I'm still mad at you for just guarding every one of Voldo's strings, online, the very first time I played you.

Thermidor-props for giving me my absolute biggest stomping in SC 5 to date. I now have nothing but hate for you in my heart. Regards, Sporko. <3

BlackMamba-I enjoyed our set. Obviously I wish I'd won, but you were the better man, so, respect.

NinjaGuy-snap, son. Serious improvement since Summerjam. Keep it up and by Winterbrawl you'll be kicking my ass. I'll try and get you some of that Voldo practice this week

GreatOne-I have nothing but love in my heart for this guy. You're just the best. For reals. If you ever wanna do some online just hit me up.

Slade: We didn't get to talk much, but you and the rest of that Jersey crew keep practicing.

Avylon peoples: Yo, <3's. You guys are to SC 5 what philly was to SC 4. It's good to see that hunger in a group of guys (and gals) again. Keep that shit up and hopefully, if all goes to plan, I'll see you Saturday for the Sandy tournament

Sandman: our set was fun, next time we should do it either more or less drunk.

Bibulus: sincere thanks for the place to crash, you are the man.

Jon Nitti: You're chill as fuck, and considering I'd never seen you before your Pat play impressed me. I really hope we get to play at some point

Other philly people: Good job on making it out of pools, and I'm sure I"ll be seeing you all soon enough.

NY: Always fun. Was good to chill with you on Monday, Ramon. I'll see you at Winterbrawl and will try and protect your hat in the meantime.

There were a TON of people there, so I'd like to close this out by giving props to alllllll of the new faces, thanks so much for coming out and supporting the game we love.

And to anybody I'm forgetting, err....sorry?

My only shout out! Jimmy, I love you! X and I have been spending a lot of time together since NEC. I hope, I hope you can go to CEO! We will have the best time! 30+ OGs. Can we get a gang symbol?

I had a super fun time at NEC! I love all my new friends and my old friends too. :-)

<3 WG
<3 back to you hun. X and Lex Players UNITE!!! I'm gonna be saving money for a trip to Alaska this winter, so I gotta work more so I can have a chance to go to either Final Round or CEO. BTW, I can see now why you think he is hot. I'll put him in my top 10 hotlist of SC Players, :)

RTD: Thanks for stomping on me again...lol. I had lots of fun talking with you. We gotta rep the 30+ group. I'm sure
I was wondering who that Leixia was against RTD. I only saw the little bit of the match, but from what I saw you were doing well.

Woahhzz: You are so cool. I loved getting thrashed by your Patsuka. Your execution is crazy amazing. I'll try and pick up some of those things that that other Leixia player was doing against you in the tourney. he was really good too.
Yeah, that was me. It's a tough matchup, but Leixia can poke at him well enough at about BB/3B range. Now I really wish someone had recorded that match, cause I honestly can't remember much of it at all, lol.

as greatone would say Tekken is shit and SCV is supreme

shut up you love tekken. neways fuck it ill do shoutouts.

Shoutouts to IRM, Reptile, Jimbonator and everybody else ive never seen before for coming out. I honestly thought IRM and Jimbo were going to be just some online players but they ended up being real solid.

Shoutouts to Bibulus, RTD and Sporko rooming with me. You guys were all very reasonable people to room with and i actually got to sleep which was awesome. All you guys are real cool dudes.

Shoutouts to DreamKiller for coming out and supporting and entering even though he doesnt play the game anymore.

Shoutouts to Jaxel for doing an awesome stream and doing shit on time like always

Shoutouts to Spooky for streaming top 4

Shoutouts to everyone in room 317. I dont want to list all of you, you guys know who you are. good playing an chillin

Shoutouts to BigE for running an awesome event. My first time at one of them and it was awesome. I will be back for sure.

So I'm going to Apex, anyone going I'll see you there. Possibly WB or FR. Preferably FR if it can fit in my exam schedule and I can afford it but if not i will def be at WB, hopefully both.

Yeah, that was me. It's a tough matchup, but Leixia can poke at him well enough at about BB/3B range. Now I really wish someone had recorded that match, cause I honestly can't remember much of it at all, lol.

I can't remember much, except lots of 4B when you got in, cuz he was kinda twitch ducking at those moments, and those two supers, one during wakeup to win the game tying it at 2-2. But I remember just pokes a lot, since it's hard for Lex to be on offense all the time against Alpha Pat, since I feel it's like Alpha Pats can control the tempo of the game, kinda like how Serena can beat anyone in tennis, only when she doesn't get in her own way, except Woahhzz is just more solid in that sense that he's so mentally match fit and tough....sighs....back to practicing and studying the game and videos again...HAI HAI:sc5lei1::sc1xia1:

Back