[North East Pennsylvania] NEPA Powers Activate!

Hey, just greeting the NEPA crowd. I don't spend too much time up there but I do visit Scranton from time to time as I grew up there, so back and forth at times between there and Northern VA.

Good to hear.
It seems that weekly pocono gaming session is likely to happen with the community. It was fun and I personally think the more people the better.

Ok, so we're still on for this Monday, right?
Just want an idea of the number of people to expect.

Hard to say. The last Monday, it actually started more around 4PM. There might be someone else coming who can only come at 5PM.

We are waiting on some of the same people to see what time is good. I am not really sure what is going on, but 3 or 4PM seem like good times to show up.

Awesome.
It was even better than the first one. Scranton needs a team now and we a good name and a good modo or slogan.

All good players that play different.

Keep an eye out for future tournaments guys. The majority of established competition is going to be going down to NJ on Oct. 11th, but there's something near you guys in Scranton as well at some place called Adventure Games. I think it's posted over on Caliburforum.

Yeah, I've been to Adventure Games. Personally, I don't care for the place. I know at least Jimmy's going to the tourney on the 10th. I can't get off of work that day.

Thankfully, the weeklies are going well so far. Jimmy (and shane if he goes again and maybe Earl) will represent NEPA until the rest of us can make one of Jaxel's tourneys.

but, as Davy said. Monday was good. Can't wait till Keith can take part in these as well.

Good matches yesterday. I was happy with the results. The more I play Kilik the more I know why he needs to be banned. Same with Algol. It was great to get Keith into the matches.

Earl: I think it is a real shame that Algol is being banned, but I honestly have a harder time fighting your Nightmare and your Amy.

Jimmy: Your only weakness is knowledge of other characters, and through these gatherings and tournaments. When Shananigans stop working on you, then I will have nothing against you.

Keith is always a blast to play against, and Jorge is always a learning experience (the hard way). I hope to get more people here. The matches are fun, and all of us have a different style of play.

Looking for an awesome Tournament to attend? Enjoy the company of Alcoholics? Fail to qualify at your own Regional? Have friends and family in Massachusetts? Whatever your reason, you should attend the New England Regional Tournament!!!

Come for two days of excitement,adventure and intrigue!!! Regional event on Saturday! Side Tourneys, Gambling, Drinking and Debauchery on Saturday night! Two more tournaments on Sunday! Singles and Team! Your life is hardly worth living if you miss this!GET HYPE!!$#^$@%&

Hey I'm new to 8WR. I'm trying to get into SC4 but I have no friends that play the game really. Just looking for a competitive group so I can get some practice because I hate playing online. (lag sucks...) I would like to get better so that I can actually feel comfortable to go to tournaments. Feel free to add me on either PSN or XBL. Just say that you read this on 8WR. I hope to meet many good players so that they can beat my ass and teach me a thing or twenty.

Hey I'm new to 8WR. I'm trying to get into SC4 but I have no friends that play the game really. Just looking for a competitive group so I can get some practice because I hate playing online. (lag sucks...) I would like to get better so that I can actually feel comfortable to go to tournaments. Feel free to add me on either PSN or XBL. Just say that you read this on 8WR. I hope to meet many good players so that they can beat my ass and teach me a thing or twenty.

Best bet would be to go to the tourney first, actually. Go to one of the NJ monthlies, there's always plenty of stations to get casuals in before and after the event. Plus you may be lucky enough to get in on one of the wild card tournaments, if you're a gamer it'll be fun no matter what your skill is in Calibur. I'd play you online but you wouldn't learn anything. It'd just be me randomly choosing between slow low sweeps and B,B all day. You stand to learn an entirely new game by playing offline, online isn't the same thing at all.

The monthly tournaments really aren't that serious, so it's a great place to start. Pretty sure most of NEPA is dead now, Calibur wise. I think even Jimmy stopped playing, and just takes shirtless pics of himself on Facebook all day now lol.

Man fuck you and your mountains in the winter. :'( Scariest drive ever coming back down from NY one night.

We used to have players here in the Lehigh Valley, until the local mall turned hippy and jacked the arcade's rent to make room for their new shiny APPLE STORE. None have gone up since it closed.

It's been a very long time since anyone from NEPA has posted in this thread. Jimmy and I had very briefly talked about doing gettogethers (be they weekly/semimonthly casual/tourney) once SCV comes out.

Im sure Jimmy and I will discuss more at my Goodbye SC4 event?

Any thoughts? Any Calibur players left in NEPA besides the few I know?

Back