[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

There's a bit of a scheduling snafu with the next ranbat. The SCV tournament at Fanime is scheduled for Sunday, which is the day of the next Gamecenter tourney. For now, we've agreed to just hold it on Sunday. Is this going to be a problem for anyone?

Damn you mean the noobs will be spared from all of us invading fanime to rape their faces? That's like, my favorite part of fanime.....well besides drinking and the chicks wearing the skimpy cosplay outfits.

Damn you mean the noobs will be spared from all of us invading fanime to rape their faces? That's like, my favorite part of fanime.....well besides drinking and the chicks wearing the skimpy cosplay outfits.
Haha, well you can still go to Fanime the other three days. There should be plenty of poor schlubs at the consoles waiting for you to come by and give them a reason to trot out all the excuses they've been saving up. ;P

Tournament at Fanime this Sunday? Sounds good. Maybe I have a chance to win over some people.
What time is this thing.

To all of you guys going to MLG (Norcal or otherwise):

Would like to get into just one hotel so that going to rooms is not an issue. Trying to figure out which one LP's group is already going to and will just book another room there -- I think we can do with 2 trip/quad rooms between all of us.

Update:

Right now, we have a room at the Sheraton (the same hotel with Xeph, LP, Keev and NDK) booked under my name. The price is $139/night, booked from Friday afternoon to Monday morning. Bad part about this hotel is, it charges for parking. I just booked this room to have a room worse comes to worse, but most likely, we'll probably change out of this hotel.

The next best option is Red Lion hotel, a block away from the convention center (and the Sheraton if you guys wanna play casuals with the other folks). It's also $139 a night, but with free guest parking (will confirm tomorrow). If anyone can find a better hotel by tomorrow night, I'm all ears, otherwise, this is what I'm looking at.

Right now, I have Link, Alex and Krayzie confirmed for the room.

In short:

1. Booking 1 room tomorrow night at the Red Lion if I can't find anything cheaper for us.

2. Need to get a final count from Norcal on who's going. If we get 5 people, we can probably get away with it. Definitely not 8 though (no bromance solicitation here). Krayzie/Alex, whoever's riding down with you, they better confirm they're going before May 25 and/or book another room -- otherwise, they'll lose their cheaper hotel rates. I'll post this up in the Norcal and FB thread too

Hope that's clear. Thanks.

Argh. . so busy lately, but it looks like I can actually make it out to the Anaheim tourney ~ Only catch is I have work, and won't be able to head out until 6pm on Friday (8th). I'd be really thankful if anyone has a similar schedule and can leave that late, I'd be more than willing to split the cost of gas etc. as my bucket of a car would likely explode on the way there =p

For Fanime ~ I'll be there tomorrow most the day, looking forward to more shenanigans (just like every year) Otherwise I gotta shake off this rust from Calibur... been playing too much Diablo 3 =)

I reeeeeallly wish I knew about the San Mateo event sooner since I'm like 5 blocks away from there ( ~__~).... Fanime is always fun but team skank always there, smh. I need to try n' stay updated with the tourney crap especially since I want to see how well I'd play offline.

I reeeeeallly wish I knew about the San Mateo event sooner since I'm like 5 blocks away from there ( ~__~).... Fanime is always fun but team skank always there, smh. I need to try n' stay updated with the tourney crap especially since I want to see how well I'd play offline.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/200581696699876/
You're always free to join the NorCal group.
You'll always get invites for every Ranbats event so you wont miss out.

Shout outs to all the guys I ran into at Fanime. Who was top 4 again and won the actual tourney they had? I stayed at the other station and played casuals with some noobs.

Shout outs to all the guys I ran into at Fanime. Who was top 4 again and won the actual tourney they had? I stayed at the other station and played casuals with some noobs.

It was nice meeting you too man, sorry about my shit talking while we were playing.....I tend to do that when I'm drunk. Glad you rolled with the punches and didn't get upset and storm off or anything. You were actually really good with Nightmare and I enjoyed our games. You should try to make it out to some of our gatherings/tournaments, I think you'd do really well.

I think I'm just going to get tipsy before every ranbat now. It seems to be the only way I can leave one without wanting to kick puppies into oncoming traffic.

Good luck to MLG players!

Also sorry for delay in uploading brackets to 8wayrun rankings and uploading vids... been busy with work/girlfriend/backlog of games I missed. Rankings are now entered and awaiting moderation, and videos are encoding now, hopefully all uploaded within now and a day or two.

Back