[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Okay NorCal- we need to step shit up for EVO. Krayzie, ADD ME ON PSN!!! It's about time we grind out some sessions.

I think im goin to actually try to learn this game

Seriously man, we should! I think those sessions we used to have in SC4 helped me get a bit better at that game. Sessions seem to be dying out down here in NorCal sadly, so I'd be down to drive up to Sac if that's what it takes. If we keep up our current pace of sessions (which is like, once every 2 weeks) we're just gonna fall further and further behind the other regions who play this shit all day every day.

Easier commute for me too. Btw, when I register, my zip code will be yours, CD. I'm tired of fighting you early in tournaments.

Hello, gentlemen. I'm finally done with college and have finished moving to San Francisco. Time to join the local community here! I've been skimming through this thread, but it's a big thread. Could someone give me an assist in what critical information I need? I know where Southtown Arcade is located, and I think that the Facebook Group I should be joining is at http://on.fb.me/MPdTuY (I'll be introducing myself there in a minute). Other than that, though, I'm a bit lost. Not really sure what's happening, when it's happening, or what the best way for me to show up and play is. I'd appreciate and info you could throw at me, thanks :-)

Oh, and feel free to add my on XBL, my gamertag should be below my avatar.

Hello, gentlemen. I'm finally done with college and have finished moving to San Francisco. Time to join the local community here! I've been skimming through this thread, but it's a big thread. Could someone give me an assist in what critical information I need? I know where Southtown Arcade is located, and I think that the Facebook Group I should be joining is at http://on.fb.me/MPdTuY (I'll be introducing myself there in a minute). Other than that, though, I'm a bit lost. Not really sure what's happening, when it's happening, or what the best way for me to show up and play is. I'd appreciate and info you could throw at me, thanks :-)

Oh, and feel free to add my on XBL, my gamertag should be below my avatar.

Forget Southtown Arcade, Gamecenter in San Mateo is where we hold the bi weekly ranbats. Show up there this Sunday and you'll be able to meet most of us. And if you're in SF you should try to message folks like Nyawu, Genver, etc for offline games.

Cool, thanks! I googled the place, and am thankful that it's conveniently located right next to Cal Train, so expect to see me there every bi-weekly, I suppose. I'll start messaging people for offline stuffs after I actually meet them offline, don't wanna be too forward. That said, I'd be more than happy to open my place up for offline play if it's convenient (my apartment is about a 4-minute walk from the Cal Train station here in SF, so it could be a convenient location).

I hope I'm not too rusty. I got here via two-week cross-country road trip (during which my Xbox360 was stolen) so I'm more than a little out of practice. In any case, hopefully I train up fast enough not to embarrass myself during EVO. I suppose hotel room-sharing plans is something I should start thinking about, too. Again, thanks for the assist!

If you ever want to do a small session with the SF guys, just post the facebook page a message. Also as mentioned, this Sunday is a ranking battle (with stations for casuals) so feel free to come watch or play. For info, playing at the arcade is a flatrate of 7$ for the entire day (starting at around 3pm till 12am). Entree fee for the tournament that goes to the pot is 5$. Bring your own controller/stick for ps3 if you have one, otherwise I guess you can play on the cabs or borrow a controller for a match.

Good to know! I thought the arcade opened at 6:00pm, 3:00pm gives me way more SCV time. Do the ranbats tend to finish around 9:30? I ask because I checked the Cal Train schedule, and it looks like the last northbound train leaves from San Mateo at 9:57, well before midnight. Regardless, I'll definitely be participating in the ranbats, I've still got own my arcade stick :-)

Ok everybody, for Sunday ranbat:
TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 5:15PM ON THE DOT.
If you are showing up a -little- late, (but seriously showing up) post here or on the facebook group version of this post, and I'll put you in the bracket, you can pay the entree fee when you get here.

If you don't, then you're prob not going to be in the tournament.

Make sure this info gets to your friends if they don't come to 8wayrun or read facebook group.

I'm pretty bad at this game, and my commuting possibilities are limited, so I cannot make it to San Mateo for the next few months. Anyone farther up? (I'm in Sac).

Back