[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

[Northern California] Because someone had to...

Yep, actually EVERYONE here should post at our Norcal thread at Caliburforums. That's where all the activity is at!

We need to make a list of all the ppl active atm, it's HOOOOGE

Thank you Logik. ill make sure to sign up there as well wen i get the chance. i must agree with you guys, online is sucky sometimes, but at least they have it finally. My problem online is blocking quick low attacks, seems like the input to crouch block is slow so you have to reeeeaaly anticipate it.

Hey everyone.

Just got SCIV. I like the game and am looking for offline play.

Not looking for anything super competitive, but I'm definitely want to improve my game. Online play just isn't cutting it.

I live on San Francisco State campus. PM me if you know a place to play, I can't host.

so i registered @caliburforums, but i guess ur thread will die soon. gonna keep updates on here or u gonna start a new thread at Caliburforums?

man i wanna see u guys play. i know the only way to get better is to play with the best. :X

When: September 27th, 2008. We'll start casuals at 3pm and start the tourney at 5pm.

$5 entry fee.
1st place gets 70% of pot
2nd place gets 20%
3rd place gets 10%

Where: Krayzie's place
3400 Richmond Pkwy #1809
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 908-2264

Rules: Same shit as SC3 pretty much.
Double elimination, 3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches. Winners and losers finals 3/5 matches and grand finals 4/7 matches.
By the time this tourney happens the 1.03 patch should be out so there will be no Ivy infinite to ban. If I learn of any other things that need to be banned I will update this post.

Winner has to use the same character, loser can change character or stage. Stage pick will be random though, so if you're facing Cedric's Hilde you better pray you get a stage with walls.

If you have any other questions, just post.

This is from Caliburforums just in case someone only reads this website. Anyone is welcome, new faces are always good.

so i registered @caliburforums, but i guess ur thread will die soon. gonna keep updates on here or u gonna start a new thread at Caliburforums?

man i wanna see u guys play. i know the only way to get better is to play with the best. :X
Yeah, a new thread was already started so you can still post/lurk there if you want. ;3

sup fellas. im new to the sc forum scene, but i've been playing for a while. sick of playing online so i decided to try to find some people to play offline. i dont really know anyone here but i guess i should get my feet wet. i'll keep an eye out for events i can make (which may not be many seeing as how i work graveyards).

i know i'll probably get my ass handed to me until i get the hang of playing people offline. but im really anxious to get out there and try.

sup fellas. im new to the sc forum scene, but i've been playing for a while. sick of playing online so i decided to try to find some people to play offline. i dont really know anyone here but i guess i should get my feet wet. i'll keep an eye out for events i can make (which may not be many seeing as how i work graveyards).

i know i'll probably get my ass handed to me until i get the hang of playing people offline. but im really anxious to get out there and try.

Welcome man, we are always down to play some new people. For now the main forum Norcal Players use is http://www.caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34998

boo i couldnt go, ill lookout for the next gathering tho. man san pablo hella close to.. well a lot closer then friggin san jose lol.

Alright, newcomers, this friday 2pm: me, sora, genver and maybe oathkeeper and others are gonna have a small gathering at my place (UPS in SFSU) to practice (get rid of crappy newb habits, play matches, learn some stuff about characters, discuss anti-top player strats =P etc).

If you would like to come contact me at
nyawu.no.yume at gmail.com

We currently have:
1 monitor
1 TV
1PS3
1 copy of SC4
3 PS3 controllers
1 Pelican ps2/usb converter
1 Namco stick.
2 USB wires

So if you want to, it'd be cool if someone can bring an extra ps3 and game. We hope to do weekly on fridays... maybe weekends, so if you live right around the SFSU area, join in on the fun.

this was posted on caliburforums

what's the UPS @ SFSU? is it the dorms or the rack-n-cue area? it's been a while since i've been to SFSU.. over 5 years since i graduated haha..

caliburforums gets pwned by blocked page at work =(

lemme know if you guys do that again. i can take BART over there.

Omg this is so dead...

... and why am I the only Ivy in Norcal??!! :( :( :(

u should try the caliburforums, that is the reason why its so dead here cause everyones over there ^_^

hey fellas. looks like I migrated here finally because personally I'm tired of that goddam white screen of death on cf.com. as much as I hate to admit, aesthetically this place is pretty pro. I'll see if its up to par with the community.

as far as I'm concerned now, caliburforum is no more...

EDIT~ shit how do I add smileys?

Yep. Looks like this is now the spot.

Fucking Hildes.

Back