[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

GGs to everybody who showed up! Hope everyone enjoyed playing against old and new faces in SC5. Thanks again to those who helped organize/setup/commentary during the gathering.

We're still in the planning stages right now, but look forward to more gatherings in the future!

Yes, I definitely see another one of these in our future.

Quick poll: Would you guys be down to do this every two weeks? Let us know!

Also, Southtown is still waiting for word from us on bi-weekly SC5 ranbats. They would take place every other Sunday after their KOF tourneys, so that would mean the first one would be this Sunday. STA and iPlayWinner have been a great help to other communities, so it'd be great if we could make it work. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Also, Southtown is still waiting for word from us on bi-weekly SC5 ranbats. They would take place every other Sunday after their KOF tourneys, so that would mean the first one would be this Sunday. STA and iPlayWinner have been a great help to other communities, so it'd be great if we could make it work. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Is there any way we could combine the two events, have Biweekly ranbats at Gamecenter? Then the entrance fee for the tourney and the entrance fee for the place could coexist to some extent probably. I personally think Southtown is really small and a little far for me. San Mateo is probably the most central part of the bay for everyone. Or does STA and iPlayWinner only do their ranbats at Southtown? Either way ranbats could be a great way of getting new interest and people into the scene.

Anyways, that was a great gathering. If stuff like that happens more often this is going to be a good game.

Xeph: Nice finally meeting you man, you are good people. Next time you see me i'll be powered up and maybe even have a real main.

NDK: Thanks for the money.

Skizosavior? aka Zach's ride: Nice meeting you, hopefully we can actually play each other next time. You need to watch out about all the shit talk though. You were lining up way too many grudge matches at Denny's.

Jeff: You should of let me tell that "I just want to play tekken story"

Scamp&Botsu: I love you

Nyawu: Thanks for being a G and bringing all that equipment.

Dom?: Nice commentating man, hopefully you will be back to other events. Maybe the commentating booth shouldnt be so close to the setup though haha.

Zach: Thanks for organizing.

I could see us alternating STA bi-weeklys with GC bi-weeklys, seems like a good compromise for those of you in San Jose and those of us in San Francisco.

Hey, check your fb pm if you didn't already.

I have to agree with Alex that Southtown is a bit too far and a less desirable venue, at least to make it on a regular basis 100% of the time. Also Sundays don't work as well for a lot of people I'm guessing, since work/school for people on Monday morning. The Gamecenter meeting was such a blast and such a great place for the event, A+++ to all the organizers.

Also...what shit talk? I just made a catholic priest pedophile joke, that's not shit talk, that's just classy humor. Plus it wouldn't be any fun for you guys to beat my scrub ass, at least wait until I can perform a NS/DNS on command rather than random 3B's half the time.

Southtown is for people who are more north and in the city area to goto. And plenty of people goto southtown on sundays in other fighting games, so it's not like there's going to be a lack of player presence during those days. The reason why we'd want southtown to have sc5 stuff is so people who are close to there can go there, and people who are closer to GC can go there too.

Hey, guys. I'm interested to see if any of Nor Cal is hosting around the Citrus Heights area? My primary method of getting around is a bike, and I'm in decent enough shape to ride around 10 miles.

EDIT: If anyone's willing to hitch me a ride, I'll drop some money on gas... You know you want to....

Great gathering on Saturday. We really enjoyed it. Thanks also to the folks watching out for Sophie (the little girl who was running around) while I was playing. It seems like she had a good time and didn't get in anyone's way. I plan to bring her to future gatherings, but if anyone has concerns about that, feel free to PM me.

Also, whoever the dude was who was talking about the tech center right before Gamecenter opened, please PM me.

Wondering when the next gathering will be. Also, if there's a possibility of an SCV get together somewhere in the San Jose area...that would be nice. It's quite a commute. (^_^)

If you guys can organize something at SVGL, that's closer to the San Jose area than GC is.

Week 1: STA/SVGL gatherings, maybe their bi-weekly ranbats on sat/sun.
Week 2: GC ranbat, both sides commute to the tourney.

To me, it's really about getting enough people to events on a semi-regular basis so that there's interest being generated. I don't expect everyone from Mountain View/South Bay to make it to Southtown every other Sunday, but if we can get a good 12-15 people there, I'm happy with that for the time being.

You two need to come out to some gatherings and stop being antisocial. J/k but seriously, I'm curious to see what you guys have come up with.

Nothing spectacular, just working our way back from the bottom. Spencer is actually the only other person I've played live. Me Xiba and him Astaroth. Hopefully we'll make one of your gatherings. I just found out from Bryant this morning through AIM that there was one in San Mateo. That's a good middle ground, hopefully they'll be more there.

Nothing spectacular, just working our way back from the bottom. Spencer is actually the only other person I've played live. Me Xiba and him Astaroth. Hopefully we'll make one of your gatherings. I just found out from Bryant this morning through AIM that there was one in San Mateo. That's a good middle ground, hopefully they'll be more there.

Good lord, have fun with that. Astaroth is a god damn beast in this game, hope you've found some way to deal with him and his guard crushing you at least once per game.

Har har! I played you last night on XBL. When I saw the name and Xiba, I thought it might be you. Then, I was too busy getting owned to think about much else. Good to see you on.

Good lord, have fun with that. Astaroth is a god damn beast in this game, hope you've found some way to deal with him and his guard crushing you at least once per game.

Krazie, with Srayer it feels almost like once a round. I haven't found a way quite yet but I'm finally starting to not let Spencer completely walk over me... Now he only walks over me about 80% rather than 90% (I mean that literally too, when he does his back throws)

Back