[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Har har! I played you last night on XBL. When I saw the name and Xiba, I thought it might be you. Then, I was too busy getting owned to think about much else. Good to see you on.

Loquori! So good to hear from you man, It's been ages! Did we play each other online? I don't remember seeing your handle. But I have to apologize if we did, during those late night sessions I'm on auto pilot. I'm usually browsing the web while waiting for a room/fight so when it actually begins I'm just excited to finally play. You would know if you saw my "Xiba" aptly renamed and redesigned as "Hobo Kilik". You can miss the homeless looking guy fighting with a staff. This is the FIRST time I've ever played anything online (not even PC games), etc so I'm totally a n00b to this whole netcode scene. Everyone is praising it but man, I suffer some MAD lag even with a 4-5 connection. But I don't know if its normal, especially since I have nothing to compare it to.

I'll totally add you as soon as I get home though. Who are you maining now? It was Taki or X before no? Sorry, my mind isn't as sharp as it use to be.

You two need to come out to some gatherings and stop being antisocial. J/k but seriously, I'm curious to see what you guys have come up with.

Yeah, we definitely have to make it to some gatherings. I've been crazy busy since SC5 came out, but things are finally clearing up. So hopefully soon.

Good lord, have fun with that. Astaroth is a god damn beast in this game, hope you've found some way to deal with him and his guard crushing you at least once per game.

Haha, I thought so at first too. I still think he's very good, but not 100% beast like SC1 and SC3. Some subtle changes to his movelist balance him pretty well. He has some definite weaknesses now, but I'm not going to tell you where in hopes of at least getting a few wins before you figure it out. =P

Loquori! So good to hear from you man, It's been ages! Did we play each other online? I don't remember seeing your handle. But I have to apologize if we did, during those late night sessions I'm on auto pilot. I'm usually browsing the web while waiting for a room/fight so when it actually begins I'm just excited to finally play. You would know if you saw my "Xiba" aptly renamed and redesigned as "Hobo Kilik". You can miss the homeless looking guy fighting with a staff. This is the FIRST time I've ever played anything online (not even PC games), etc so I'm totally a n00b to this whole netcode scene. Everyone is praising it but man, I suffer some MAD lag even with a 4-5 connection. But I don't know if its normal, especially since I have nothing to compare it to.

I'll totally add you as soon as I get home though. Who are you maining now? It was Taki or X before no? Sorry, my mind isn't as sharp as it use to be.
If you are playing behind a router, I recommend putting your XBox in the router's DMZ, if you can. When we played, I don't recall any lag. I only have noticeable lag when playing people with less than four bars.

I played X before, and I'm sticking with Leixia for now. If that's how you play with lag, then I'm going to have to go back and work on fundamentals. :)

Alright, looks like Feb. 25 is a go for the next GC gathering. Hope everyone can make it out again. Myung has said he's worked out a way to get us space for more set ups. Maybe we can have an impromptu tournament, if we get enough people and you guys are up for it.

Also, Super NorCal Install is coming up on March 17-18, also at Gamecenter. It's basically a mini-major and SC5 will most likely be in the lineup. Nyawu can bring two setups, but we'd like to have at least three since this could be a pretty big event. We'd also like to invite some SoCal people up, so can anyone provide another SC5 setup that weekend?

THANKS!

LET'S ROCK IT! GUITAWWW!!

Alright, looks like Feb. 25 is a go for the next GC gathering. Hope everyone can make it out again. Myung has said he's worked out a way to get us space for more set ups. Maybe we can have an impromptu tournament, if we get enough people and you guys are up for it.

Also, Super NorCal Install is coming up on March 17-18, also at Gamecenter. It's basically a mini-major and SC5 will most likely be in the lineup. Nyawu can bring two setups, but we'd like to have at least three since this could be a pretty big event. We'd also like to invite some SoCal people up, so can anyone provide another SC5 setup that weekend?

THANKS!

LET'S ROCK IT! GUITAWWW!!
I may be able to make the Feb 25th event; and if all goes well, I'll be at NorCall Install.
When is NorCal Regionals?

Most people seem to be on PS3. I have the 360 version, but I'll be getting a PS3 pretty soon. And yes, Feb. 25 is the next gathering, assuming a bunch of people don't demand a different date.

We might start a earlier for this one too, maybe at 3pm.

So for Norcal Regionals, there will be only Calibur on the 24th and not the 25th? Since it's a two day event we sure there wont be Calibur for both days?

I'm planning on being here for Feb 25 (GC gathering) from what I get, complete with PS3 setup. I'm also planning on being here on March 24, but I'm busy on March 25.

They open up at 5:30 ~ We'll probably be waiting outside for them to open like last time. I'll see you guys then =)

So, just to create a somewhat comprehensive NorCal list:
--Feb 22, Milpitas Golfland Biweekly Tourney @ 6:00 pm
--Feb 25, GameCenter Gathering
--March 17-18, GameCenter NorCal Install
--March 24-25, SFSU NorCal Regionals

Also, Nyawu, I can bring my setup for Feb 25, March 17-18, and March 24. I also want to donate an SC5 guide to you guys so we can have a public one for everyone to use at our events, if they want to look at it while there.

EDIT: Fixed NorCal Regionals, added MGL event.

Oi, Ignis....I think you forgot another event.....

February 22, at Milpitas Golfland, starting at ~6:00 PM.

It'd be the 2nd bi-weekly SC5 tourney there, so the more people, the better it is for everyone. More practice for those looking to level up, more petty cash for those who will win....

So, who's going? Spread the word, guys!

So, just to create a somewhat comprehensive NorCal list:
--Feb 25, GameCenter Gathering
--March 17-18, GameCenter NorCal Install
--March 24-25, GameCenter NorCal Regionals

Also, Nyawu, I can bring my setup for Feb 25, March 17-18, and March 24. I also want to donate an SC5 guide to you guys so we can have a public one for everyone to use at our events, if they want to look at it while there.

Alright, the extra setup will be great for the Feb 25th and NCI days. Minor correction: NorCal Regionals is going to be held at SFSU, not GC, and I'm not sure what's going on with them hosting so hold on volunteering your setup for NCR for now. They'll prob post more info up on http://norcalregionals.com

And if you want to donate the guide for public use, that'd be great for newbies! We'll prob have to figure out a system so people don't steal it though. Thanks!

Nyawu, after I start selling some sticks, one of my first purchases is going to be to make a small mini-ATX streaming computer (if I can), so I'll hopefully have a streaming setup that I can donate/aid/help with.

I know this is short-as-hell notice, but if you want to come to the TechShop in SF tomorrow, I'm going to be operating the ShopBot from 10 am to 2 pm. I don't think you can come in and help me/join me, but you're more than welcome to take a tour and say hello while I'm desperately fiddling with the robit, trying to make it do what I need it to.

Anyone from around oakland/sf area going to MGL tomorrow that is willing to give me ride? I can take bart anywhere but the closest I can get to milpitas is Fremont.

What time does the tournament start etc.

Redfoot and I will be going to the MGL tourney tomorrow. Is there casual beforehand? And what's the entry fee?

MGL tourney signups are tonight from 6 - 7:30. It's during Arcade Mania so it's a bit expensive. $8 for the wristband, $5 for the tourney pot.

Back