[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

if you registered online, don't forget to bring your receipts...

they have no idea who the fuck you are at the door, and they're not gonna take your word for it!

I went down and registered, they didnt ask for ID and they only wanted my gamer tag or name. On the website they did say specifically they wanted receipts no exceptions so it's kind of weird.

In any case I was told the new brackets will be up at 10am. I went back home because if im in anything but pool A I will be waiting a long ass time to play.

ggs today and last night at nyawu's, had a blast meeting and playing yall, i will DEFINITELY make it out to the next big one, and maybe make a local tourney here or there, also got to meet lots of cool people from more than just socali which was also awesome, imo this is what makes the FG community so much better than other gaming communities, and manta i just want u to know that playing u was the most fun i have had playing any soul calibur for as long as i can remember, ur mind games / shenanigans have inspired me to make a return to voldo

It was a treat watching you guys on the stream. Especially my fellow Maxi players. :)

@ Soakrates

I was sharing your salt when you had to face two Mistu players. I knew what you had to deal with going against King Salmon since I play against him down here in SoCal. :(

Good stuff nonetheless!

And a special shoutout to AlexJ for bringing hype to the finals! The crowd and stream needed a bad guy to cheer against. :)

Hello again norcal peoples, finally remembered about SC5 and this new forum. Anyone *cough Krayzie manta alexJ brian cough* want to try playing a few games on ps3 with a former bay area noob stuck in the middle of chicago? =)

Also, congrats to Alex J and his epic trolling

It was a treat watching you guys on the stream. Especially my fellow Maxi players. :)

@ Soakrates

I was sharing your salt when you had to face two Mistu players. I knew what you had to deal with going against King Salmon since I play against him down here in SoCal. :(

Good stuff nonetheless!

And a special shoutout to AlexJ for bringing hype to the finals! The crowd and stream needed a bad guy to cheer against. :)
Thanks man. A good Mitsu is a surefire way to make me abandon my game plan and play like a complete idiot. But whatever, at least Genver made top 8 and didn't scrub himself out of pools after beating me.

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for hosting such a fun event! Many thanks again to QDogg for hosting me and showing me around town.

To all the old acquaintances, great to see you all once more! And good meeting all the new faces as well.

Hope to see at least some of you at NWM4 in June. If not, see you guys at Evo!

So I was talking with Philip Chan , and NCI is already pretty packed with games (as some of you know) and may need SC5's time to help the upcoming new games build a scene (Skullgirls, Persona 4 etc) and at this point SC seems to have already built a pretty good foundation so the new unknown games may need more exposure at NCI than SC.

Especially since we have a pretty good player base/resources to run our own events at GC or w/e on different weekends. Negatives include not having as much cross-game exposure from other scenes/stream viewers, and positives include more flexible time schedules and more setups and room for tournament/casuals. (Feel free to add in your 2c to the list.)

Do any of you mind if we do our own thing like the norcalibur events? Please comment for opinions, especially players who went to NCI and played soul calibur.

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for hosting such a fun event! Many thanks again to QDogg for hosting me and showing me around town.

To all the old acquaintances, great to see you all once more! And good meeting all the new faces as well.

did he take you to little lucca's?

damn i missed little lucca's... who cares about the tourney lol

Ouu... there's an event I might go to then. Thanks for the heads-up.

Aris' commentary during the Alex.J - Xeph match got me thinking... separated at birth?

alexjseparated.jpg

Back