[Nov 8, 2013] Edge Master Series Major 2013 (London, UK)

Silent Joel

[12] Conqueror
XtatCvL.png

Platform

Xbox 360 for both SCV & SCIIHD.

Venue Entry
£15 for all 3 days (includes overnight stay)

Tournament Fee
£5 for each tournament per person i.e. 1 Team is £10 total

Friday November 8th - SCV 2v2 Team Tournament
Character lock for tournament and no repeat characters on each team
Japanese Rules. Each player will face off one of the oppenents team members until all the members
are the team are eliminated in a FT1 match E.g.
Team 1: A & B, Team 2: X & Y. A plays X, and B plays Y. If X and Y win their matches, they
progress, but if X wins and B wins, X plays B and the victor's team goes through.

CaS, Devil Jin, Viola Banned. Dampierre TBC

Saturday November 9th - SCV Solo Tournament
Default VS mode (3 rounds, 60 seconds)
All matches are First to 3 wins.
Loser has option of character change or random stage pick.
Standard 1P and 2P costumes unless opponent doesn't mind.
Groups into Double Elimination bracket.
CaS, Devil Jin, Viola Banned. Dampierre TBC

Sunday November 10th - SCIIHD Solo Tournament
Rules TBC

World Teams Tournament
If there are enough countries and players there will be an exhibition tournament with free entry.
Each country will need 3-5 players, if not they can form a World team.

Prizes
All tournament fees will go into the Pot.
Extra Prizes and Pot split TBC

Signups & Payment
Coming Soon

Food
Many food close by like Cafes, Dominos and Subway. Also 24/7 Supermarket.
Short bus ride near 'London Park Royal Travelodge' Hotel are KFC, Pizza Hut, Nandos,
Chiquitos, Chinese buffet, Burger King and Costa.

Travel
Easyjet - Cheap airplane from different European cities

iDBus & Eurolines- Cheap coach with wifi and power points

BlaBlaCar - Share car journeys

Accomodation
Easiest/Cheapest way to get from hotel to venue is cab, which is very cheap if you are in a group
(4 people for car, 6 people for van)

Travelodge - 'London Park Royal' is a short bus ride and about 20mins walk from venue. 'London
Wembley' is a short bus ride too. Both hotels have a sale on at the moment and you can easily
fit 3 people in each room.

Bridge Park Hotel - Mix of shared en suite and with out rooms. Also has a hostel style room
which is very cheap. Short cab ride away from venue. Longer by bus.

I'll add more good hotels that I find.
Remember you can also stay at the venue overnight, and is included in your entry fee

For any more information, questions or help please feel free to contact me via PM, Post or send me a message on Facebook.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't know that people in London are also scared of Viola. With her being banned there proves that Europe sucks at SCV.

I'm trying to come, but I can't promise anything. I will get the plan for the next semester in about three weeks, I can't say anything before that happens.

No matter what, if I come, I will have to leave early on Sunday (and probably miss everything that happens on that day) and get home on Sunday.

Sorry, I can't be more optimistic at the moment. Maybe the Brawl tournaments in Hamburg will attract lots of players from abroad as well. :)

If you seriously assume that the only reason why Viola is banned at some tournaments/in some countries is because of one combo (or combo video) you should definitely not be the person pointing your finger at others calling them scrubs.

For the sake of this tournament: Stay out of this thread. (And out of every other discussion where you don't know what you're talking about, but take this thread as a start.)

For the sake of this tournament: Stay out of this thread. (And out of every other discussion where you don't know what you're talking about, but take this thread as a start.)

I wanted to post something but seeing as you're a Leixia player, I know you're familiar with Frayhua. >.<

I'm gonna try and make this one - friends from the North (read: Scotland) to come as well maybe form a team?

You're Scottish? Or did you mean for the 2v2? Ssylus is coming and I think Branstar and Plaguefeet are trying to make this too.

No, I'm just shocked that London joined the Viola ban club. I don't mean what I said, but it make's great players in Europe feel like scrubs for banning her over a combo vid.

Firstly, London isn't a country, and the main reason for the Viola ban is to cater for the other EU countries to encourage them to come. Secondly, well done on winning Summer Jam, Lexia is OP [continue this "conversation" on my wall or PMs, not in this thread]

Nope I'm not but figured maybe make up the numbers with the 3 you mentioned, assuming we can all make it

Nope I'm not but figured maybe make up the numbers with the 3 you mentioned, assuming we can all make it

You can make a 2v2 team with them, but not a national one. I'll be posting up people looking for a partner when signups open.

Hey, I'm thinking attending, I'd like to know, which train station is the venue closest to? and do you know the post code for it?

Hey, I'm thinking attending, I'd like to know, which train station is the venue closest to? and do you know the post code for it?
The nearest tube station I know of is North Acton. Also the post code is right at the top of the page lol

UPDATE: I'm an idiot and somehow missed the fact that this is happening in November while graduation happens in October. So unless some bad scheduling happens, I should be all for this.

Last edited:
I'd recommend people start get accommodation sorted out and who you are gonna share with. Those prices at Travelodge won't last forever. If anyone needs help finding people to share with let me know and I'll try and find a group for you.

Back