NYC May 23rd and 24th SCII Tournament

Yama

[09] Warrior
Hyper Grab '09

Miss Possession Cancels and 110% Asta wall combos? Then come join us!

Along with a few other games (MvC2, CVS2, SFIV, T5DR), SCII will be at a NYC tournament I am hosting (in apartment) on the 23rd and 24th of May. Feel free to spectate or play. Free nights stay if you wish, so take it as a trip to NYC.

Please e-mail me at yama@biohaze.com with a subject "HYPER GRAB 09" if you wish to ask any questions or confirm you will show. Location is on the Upper West Side, you will be notified of directions, etc. if you are confirmed to come.

* Version: (US) PS2 on PS3
* Arcade Characters Only
* Game settings: Best of 5 rounds, Default Time, Default Health
* Double Elimination.
* First to 3 Games
* Random stage select
* Arcade Sticks Available, but can use controller if need be

Enjoy!

You're running Tekken AND Mahvel baybee as well? Be VERY careful about who you let in your house. I wouldn't want to see another Smithy incident.

You're running Tekken AND Mahvel baybee as well? Be VERY careful about who you let in your house. I wouldn't want to see another Smithy incident.
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be talking with everyone prior to giving out directions, etc.

Back in Tekken 5, Smithy tried to have sessions at his place after a CF tourney, trying to do something good for the community. The end result was that people who weren't even invited showed up, invited their homies, who invited their homies, many of which didn't even play Tekken, and his apartment got tore the fuck up. Damaged furniture, actual SHIT on the walls of his bathroom, some dude snortin coke on his desk, etc.

This incident is a main point why I still bash CF and it's community so hard, it's just chock full of people who simply don't know how to act.

An SC II tournament, huh? I'd give it a shot one of these days but I have absolutely no idea how to play my character in any previous games.
It'll be a friendly environment, feel free to give it a try if you'd like. Not to mention you have a month to practice. :P

wish i could make it to this. i <3 sc2.

will the sc2 tourney be on sat or sun? and theres a sc2 tourney but no sc4?!

Look foward to seeing you there Dreamkiller.

wish i could make it to this. i <3 sc2.

will the sc2 tourney be on sat or sun? and theres a sc2 tourney but no sc4?!

All tourneys on Saturday, team tourneys on Sunday. SCII will definitely be played on Saturday regardless. And no SCIV this time, though I'm sure we'll have casuals or a side tournament. Just not part of the main event.

Back