Official 8WR SCV Ivy whishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring

Lay still now
..::SCV IVY WISHLIST::..

Welcome to the "official" 8WR Ivy wishlist. This thread is intended to be sent to Daishi Odashima himself. The concept of the wishlist is to post your ideas on the new Ivy character in the upcoming game. Seeing how Project Soul is much more open to fans ideas this time around, this is our unique chance of telling them (as an Ivy community) what we would like to see in the new Soul Calibur game. You can write about anything you want but please abide by the rules!​

..:: RULES :..

• 1 post per person
  • 5 ideas
  • keep it as short as possible
We don't want to send Daishi walls of text that he won't even bother to read that's why please try to keep it as short as possible. Here is an example template of how the post can look like:​

1. Ivy' costume - text​

2. Stances: text
  • SW - text
  • WP - text
  • Other - text
3. Moves and throws - text
  • WP 6bA+B - text
  • SW 22K - text
  • CS - text
  • SS - text
  • New command throw - text
  • etc
4. Balance- text

5. Other - text

Note that you can write about other things than Costume, Stances, Moves, Balance etc, just try to keep it as short as possible.

Everyone try to mention things that will be least covered by others so that it can be included in the wishlist. Say one person says something, another will cover whats not said. Also try not to say stuff like specific damage or frame advantage unless crucial to its design, such as enter a stance safely.​

Ring, Im not over limit? lol.​

1. Ivy' costume - SC2 2p with hair.​

2. Stances:
  • SW <> WP
  • GS: GNOME Stance (CL1A, larger chain radius)
3. Moves and throws
  • CS grab range and speed like SC3.
  • Keep the long input for command throws.
  • SW 2B+K~g or SE [A+K]~g or WP 1[A] go into GNOME.
  • GS moves:
    • A - Fast low, trips opponent with the wire as it retracts.
    • B - SC3 1AB, launches and combo.
    • K - Tech jump kick.
    • G - cancel like WP1A release from SC3.
4. Balance
  • Avg run. SC3 step.
  • Atleast one SW mid that launches.
5. Other
-
  • SC2 stance change method + cool down. Heavy move gets G cancel transition.

Haha it's ok but you didn't have to use the "template" (unless you wanted to), I'm not forcing anyone to write about her costume, balance etc :) remember that you can always edit your post (before we send the link to Daishi).

My turn, I'm gonna keep it simple:

1. Moves and throws
  • CS and SS with different animations or at least new camera angles that will make them feel "fresh". We are tired of the same old animation.
  • Keep the long input for command throws, preferably different than SC2/3 and SC4
  • 5 Hit JF should have better risk reward ratio, keep Guard Crush on the last hit as in SC2 and SC3
  • New invisible low poke would be nice
  • Ivy stomp (SW 214K) available in WP as well
  • New punisher
  • SE A236A more useful, perhaps a JF timing for the unshakable version
2. Stances
  • SW, WP + two special stances, one of them can be SE and the other one could be new
  • SE should have some mixup finally, maybe CS/SS like in SC3
3. Other
  • No difference in step between the stances
  • Bring back some cancels from SC2 and SC3
  • Switch between stances should have some additional effect like auto-GI (SC2) or backstep (SC3)

1. Ivy’s Costume:
If possible, make each costume available from prior games.

2. Stances:
· SW: WP
· SE

3. Moves and Throws:
· 22K available in each stance
· 214K available in each stance
· Return 3k and 3K from SC3
· Return WP A+B~B and A+B~B from SC3
· Increase damage for 5-hit; return SC3 guard break
· Both CS and SS available from at least once stance (especially if the command throws inflict less damage)

4. Balance:
· Keep evasive properties of CL 214
· SC3 step (in each stance)
· Eliminate WP 7/8/9B
· Remove properties of CL AA

5. Other:
· An auto GI that has practical application (from any stance)
· Limit random back turns and glitches that leave Ivy helpless (SW 214K)
· Standing SC3 transition from SW to WP

1. Kick attacks and movement should be the same in both stances.

2. Have most of her move list give the option of a stance transition. Give the move different properties depending on if you transition or not, but make both attacks useful in their own way.

3. The things that are hard to do should do the most damage in combos (like the 5-hit JF).

4. I would like SC3's SW 1A, SW 44A, and chargeable 3K back.

5. I would also like a return of the ability to store the SS/CS buffer for a short period of time, like SC2 and SC3.

1. Keep her jumping B from SC4 (the one you get from holding G SW/WP/CL), not the slow and useless arcing jumping B from Broken Destiny.

2. For stance changing attacks, keep the ability to stay in a stance by holding A+K or B+K while doing the move. This was taken away in Broken Destiny.

3. Keep WP 6A+B, 2_8

4. If there are more than 2 stances give us a way to switch from our current stance to any of the other two directly.

5 Keep WP 3A.

1. Ivy's Costume:
  • Make all costumes available from past SC games.
  • SC5 2p be vibrant
  • Also adjust her face and make it look softer, with less hard edges to make it look more feminine.
  • Some new Ivy sword designs.
-----

2. Stances:
  • SW - Close Range /mid range moves
  • WP - Long Range/ mid range moves
  • SE - Mainly Close Range to Mid Range attacks, enter SE through SW
  • SP(From SC2)- Long Range, enter SP through WP
-----

3. Command Throws and Moves:

Command Throws
  • SS should come from SW, CS should come from WP.
  • SE to CS/SS using SC3 inputs, SP to CS/SS using SC4 inputs, New inputs for SC5 for SW and WP
  • CS/SS should have the same speed as in SC3. They felt slower in SC4.
  • iCS should not flash. iCS should be about speed and accuracy.
  • SS should do 90 damage, CS should do 80 damage, iCS should do 100 damage
  • Buffer window for throws should be like SC3.
  • They should give New camera angle and all the Old camera angles for SS/CS.
Moves
  • All kick moves should be available in SW and WP. Except for SW 1K and WP 1K
  • All moves from previous SC should be returned. SC3 1A, 44A, FC3K, SC2 SP 2A
  • SW 3K should have charge version like in SC3.
  • WP6B+K or WP6B+K 2_8 should go back to sword
  • CL 44 A, and SW 44A should be like SC3 where it was SW 22_88 A.
  • SC4 SW 3A and SW1A should be available in WP as well, since the move is based on the weapons' handle. Inputs could be 3A+K and 1A+K instead.
  • Transition to SW or WP should have some Effect like auto GI or evasive properties.
-----

4. Balance:
  • WP 6B+K or WP 6B+K 2_8 should return to SW and be locked for a bit, so to avoid the move being spammed.
  • CL 1B, B+K should be tool for spacing on block with little SG damage (if CF are still in SC5) make it more advantageous on hit with little push back.
  • Nerf SW BB SG damage(if CF is still in the game) but give it more advantage on hit
  • SW 1B should ring out.
  • WP 6A+B make it do more damage or give it guard break properties.
  • CL 1A make the B part controllable and fix the Auto GI or take it out.
  • WR A+B on hit should be safe enough to avoid launcher.
  • 214k make it +1, or just make 214k faster. Reduce 214k damage on hit.
  • Make BT A+B launch higher so WP 3B+K can connect.
  • WP BB and CL BB should not be GI-able in between hits.
  • CL AA should not be able to duck in between same with CL A A+K.
  • 5hit JF should not be severely affected by the damaging scaling.
  • 9B should only be available in SW and not in CL/WP.
  • Fixed WP 4A+B as so that a successful Auto GI doesn't push back.
  • WP 4A+B, B should be a natural combo.
  • SC4 WP 3K need better properties and input should be changed.
  • 214 B should not track since it evades.
-----

5. Other:
  • Move that have a WP version and SW version should have the same inputs.
  • Make some moves have better properties if using it a max range.
  • CS/SS should be more necessary for Ivy.
  • Ivy Speed and movement should be the same for SW and WP.
  • Fix 214k on ground opponent glitch.
  • Make SW 66B inputted as 44B instead.
  • Make WP 22_88B inputted as 44B or 66B instead.
  • Do not get rid of any SC4 move, just change properties to make it weaker or stronger.
  • SC4 WP 11K can be use as a kick move to go from SW to WP, but change inputs.
  • SC4 WP 22K can be use a a kick move to go form WP to SW, but change inputs.
  • SW 2A+B is fine if soul gauge is in SC5, if not give a follow up combo after SW 2A+B.
  • WP 3A+B/WP FC 3[ B]/WP 44A+B should launch after releasing inputs like in SC3, not pressing A+B to launch.

From what I've seen Ivy is playing in a SC2-3 way. I like that.
ATTACK
  • Make Ivy as safe as she was in SCIV
  • Give Ivy stance changes, preferably like SC3
  • SW 66K should have an option to go into SE
  • WP 3A should have option to go into SE
  • 22K should be in all stances
  • Give her better safer, faster lows
STANCES
  • I'd like to see Ivy have stances and mix ups like in SC2
  • Give SE better step
  • No stance changes, byu this I mean A+K, B+K make her like she was in SC3
THROWS - from what I've seen, she has a new grab maybe, but please keep SS and CS. Also allow SS and CS to be done in SE.
That's about all i want.

--I wasn't sure about the picture attached, I just thought I'd help identify it..

1. Ivy' costume - Use the long-haired sketch from SC4* for her 2P. That was, in my opinion, the best (2P) Ivy sketch I've ever seen, and I'd love to see something similar.

2. Stances: Control over which state you're in, at all times, like in SCIV. I loved having control, it gave us a lot more possible unique combos.

3. Moves and throws - Less moves that force you into a set state.
  • Sword 66K to have Serpent's Embrace entrance previous versions.
  • Coil 1A: how it was in SC3, it's a very awkward move to get a counter on, so it's virtually useless in battle.
  • More moves using her armored arm.
Keep up the good work! :)
3786-ace51eaf5fe94cdc5981bf385ef11858.jpg
* This is the sketch I was referring to.

1.costume: if possible not just for ivy make past costumes available from all the games,1p-keep as the current costume shown on the videos. 2p-long hair sketch:
3786-ace51eaf5fe94cdc5981bf385ef11858.jpg

2.voice:bring back renee hewitt if possible as she added more personality to ivy or if if stays as the same voice actor she needs to bring out more personality in ivys speech and make her sound more threatening,in sc4 and below you could tell she enjoyed beating up opponents like the "come on,come on!" also ivys laugh needs to be as good and as evil sounding as the SC2 laugh

3.stances: control between her stances at all times like SC4 this includes during moves!it made her more diverse and gave us more freedom with combos
SE needs to be able to have a mixup in it
been able to do SS/CS in SE
SE needs a better step since you cant defend in that stance
all forced stance changes should be able to be stopped by holding a button,and the force stance change and the one that wont make you change stance could have different properties but each version useful in its own way
if changing stances during moves if gotten rid of,which it shoudnt,atleast make the stance change quick and evasive like in SC3 but you could change the direction she spins by pressing a direction button

4.moves/other: SW 66K to go to SE if held like previous games and stay in SW if not held
CL 1A was had to get on a counter,make it easier for us,preferablly like SC3 version
A few moves using her claw/armoured arm,that thing looks dangerous and is never used
if meter is the only gauge to be used,dont have it so it is only for meter only moves,make it like soul charge in SC2/3 too to power up certain moves this goes for all characters not just ivy
make WP/SE 1_2_3B+K be a guard break again atleast it would make it safe or safer
CS/SS can be used without meter,the input should still be hard but iCS should be about speed and accuracy
CS/SS new animation or atleast make it more flashy like in SC3 with all different coulour flashes,or change the camera angle or something were tired of the same old CS/SS now
kicks and movements same in all stances besides SE ofcourse,but SE defintly needs more moves
more useful guard breaks
keep CL 214B's evasive properties
more low attacks
oh and 5 hit JF needs to be more rewarding thats for sure atleast bring back the guard break on the last hit so you can get a small combo after
add in hidden unlisted things for her,they are always fun and useful to discover like discovering how to stop forced changed from WP to CL or hiding the SW B+K unblockable
and keep the CS/SS tricks like using them during taunts,while getting up,crouching etc

just please make sure theres a lot to her and shes diverse like she always has been,she shoudnt be easy to learn you need to be commited to get her strength,thank you :)

1. I want to win because of my skill and not because of my character.
2. I want people to admit that I'm the best of the best.
3. I want to beat Scud.
4. I really want to beat Scud.
5. I want anything that Saitoh/DocVizzo/Kalas/"Ivy haters" dislike.

More serioulsly, if you ask me

1. I want her to be attractive, so many new players can enjoy the game.
Ivy is a famous character of the game, so if she looks cool and fun, then we can hope for a lot of new comer in SoulCalibur.

2. I want to be surprise. I want her to have new stuff really nice. Just like the "You're in need of some discipline !"
I like that.

3. I agree with Link: 3. The things that are hard to do should do the most damage in combos (like the 5-hit JF).

4. To be able to play Ivy, in several different way would be great.
I like versatility, and so, Jag will not be able to learn all of her move one more time !

5. I want to beat Scud !

1. Fully charged 3[K] turns into attack throw, just to keep President of IRS happy
2. Please, no more glitches with combos ending with the stomp
3. A new Ivy Lick animation would be nice.

I just realized that the SC5 Ivy thread has the most posts of all SC5 soul arenas ...

The Mage would like to offer his opinion:
1. Costume: Have all previous costumes available for download (don't mind whether it's free or not).

2. Voice: Her new lines such as "I'll treat you right" make her sound so much more sexier. Keep it up Namco!

3. Moves/Throws: Be able to do CS/SS in any sword state; that way you can mix it up and confuse your opponent. Be able to do Coiled State A+B B in any state. The last of my wishes for her moves would be to be able to enter Serpent's Embrace from any state (not sure whether SE is returning).

4. She needs some sort of launcher like Setsuka's AgB in any state - her CH 1aB in IV was crap to be honest.

5. Be able to cancel moves like WP (Rising) B B if it returns in V because if they block it, you are left wide open. I also want to add that I want to be able to cancel moves like WP 66A+B. (Sorry if someone has already said this).

That is all that The Mage wishes to see change with Ivy.

My turn...​

1. Ivy' costume

I want a stylish long hair Ivy costume.​

2. Stances:

I want she keeps her SE stance.

3. Moves and throws

I want she keeps the largest command list of all the cast.
I want CS and SS in the same stance.
I want she obtains a usefull auto gi move.
I agree with Link and Malek : The things that are hard to do should do the most damage in combos (like the 5-hit JF).

4. Balance

I want her to be as hard to main as before because that's why I am playing her.

Costumes: I like the long hair costume in the sketch but I don't mind her new one in the demos.
Stances: I want more than the two stances they mention..
Moves: I want the 5 hit JF to GB and do more damage
I want her to access both command grab from either stance
I want a better low poke
I want a large movelist so people can be more creative with her
Balance: I want her to be complicated and not easy to use like they've said in the video -__-
I want her to be a little more safe
Others: I want her voice from sc3
I want to beat Ring, Malek, Scud, and Linkrkc :)

1. Ivy' costume - I like her new costume but i hoping it her p2. I want another jumpsuit for her p1 like sc4 and sc3. If that cant happen then please bring back previous Costomes from the Soul Calibur series along with our custome ones from Sc4.​

2. Stances: Make all the stance viable and cohesive. Please dont force Stance change after one or two moves from a different stance. Strike a balnce between Sc4 Stance selection and Sc2-3 stance shifiting with certain moves having a hold command for example A,[A] to Wp like Sc2-3 but also allow us to just transition to Wp with A+K like Sc4 and vice versa for Wp to Sw transitions and selections, while i would prefer no Foreced transitions in the event that it is believed to be to good make it so Ivy has as few forced transitions as possible.
  • Sw
  • Wp
  • SE
3. Moves and throws - text
  • SW Return 1A from Sc3 but dont get rid of Sc4 1A just make Sc3 version have a different comand.
  • Wp -Return Lost Soul/2A from Spiral Tribute in Sc2 this would be a good low for Wp with decent speed safe at mid range and advantage at far and quicker than Wp11A.
  • All Kicks the same in both stances.SW 3k Charges/Hold command from Sc3 returns only and 6k KND or Stuns on CH or at the very least a good advantage on CH hit.
  • 66[K] to SE
  • CS and SS Slightly better Buffer window
  • Fix the Gi on Wp A+B and 4A+B. Also Make 4A+B,B NC with and with out Gi
  • WP 6bA+B - Should grant good/decent frame advantage as well as SG damage if it returns
  • Wp6A+B shoulud have either have slight tracking or return to Sc3 WpA+B,B and WpA+B,[6]
  • Wp3,A+B and Wp44A+B,A+B NC on release and Tap. return the G cnalces from Sc2-3.
  • Sw/Wp have the same 7_8_9B with 7_8B being safe and 9B being unsafe at close range.Get Rid of the current Wp7_8_9B or change that to G7_8_9B.
  • Keep 214B As Is.
  • Wp AA and BB NC and advantage ont hit Safe on block espeically at range.
  • CL33A and Wp66A Either Overall faster or Quicker/Better Tech crouch window.
  • Wp22_88A4 can combo to BT Attacks.
  • CL4B always causes Head Spin on CH
  • CL236B,B can still adjust the range by ending in 4 or 6.
  • CL 22_88B causes seated KND on CH that can combo to Wp WrB,B.
  • CL66B,B has differnet verisons, CL66B,A+K ends in a spin stun and Wp stance. CL66B,B+K ends in Crouch stun and Sw Stance.
  • CL 1A returns to Sc3 with Controllable B that NC. Better Tech crouch.
  • No More Sw214k and CLA+B,A+K Glitches.
  • SE Howling Souls Ends in slight advantage GB and does good damage in combos.
  • Good Step In All Stances.
  • Maybe a New GI for Sw that ends with Ivy's Glove.

Okey guys! now is my turn!!

1.-Ivy´s costume

A costume like her SCIII 2p would be nice, I want to se a new hairstyle, Ivy´s hair is so cool but a change would be refreshing, at least for her 2p!

2.-Stances

I would like to see SE returning but with some changes, CS/SS from SE would be good, but if she can have CS/SS from the same sword state FORGET CS/SS from SE, invent another options, but SE must have a mix-up, right now you can avoid all the SE options doing ss is horrible!

I would like to see a new stance, maybe one of her SCII stances, turning her sword into a whip and doing the hellicopter! xD and fly! (just kidding! :P) I would like to see a low not too damaging but homing and with a lot of range from this stance, just like WP 1A right now, but a little bit better.

And! I want her to have WP and SW, forget CL, CL ANTICHRIST!!.

3.- Movement

Totally FORGET the CL movement, please! back-dash and step in CL is so broken now!! the step and back-dash should be allways like SW state.

Fix the brokeness of CL 214B auto-step, yes, it must be evasive and have tracking only ine side, but not ultrateleporting like it is right now...

4.-CS/SS

Here it comes!

Okey, first, every command throw in the game should have 6~7 frames of window to can break them, this apply to Ivys C-throws as well please, including iCS, since the window of buffering the C-throws has gone bigger is easier to do them, so please extend the break-trhow window.

CS/SS damage is insane, but it has to be like this, Ivy has not real good tools to force a crouching mix-up, so no changes for this! (Sorry Doc xDDD)

They also must have a different throw animation, normal throw CAN NOT be turned into a C-throw, (please guys make sense...) if you practice you can avoid them, because they have different animations, you can break them by seeing them, just like in tekken, but people in SC is too lazy to learn this kind of defensive stuff...

Also her normal frontal throws may not pass the 50 DMG

5.-Moves to be fixed

-Reduce significantly the pushback of CL 1BB+K and make this move -6~-7, not -10 like it is right now, this change + SW backdash and movement fixed would make CL1BB+K a good tool, but not goodlike tool like it is right now.
-Make faster CL 1A and usefull, now it is useless!
-Fix CL WR A, several times it doesnt hits, it must have more tracking.
-Fix CLB range brokeness.
- Fix auto-step super brokeness! just let the 214B step very good but not superteleporting, keep the unsafe.
-CL A+BA+K last hit must allways whiff like it does now.
-Do CL 66A -10~-11 not -12 like it is right now...
-Make CL 66BA usefull, maybe NC i15 punisher and keep the unsafety.
-Make SW 1A safe
-Keep SW 6B8K +2 and NC, but not make a forced crouching.
-Keep SW 3B as it is now.
-Keep SW 4B i12
-Reduce SW 1K range.
-Fix SW A+B UB brokeness less tracking, less damage, but still fast and can hide the fire.
-Fix SW/CL 6A+B broken TC, for TC we already have 66K.
-Fix SW 2A+K brokeness, it must be much more unsafe and have less pushback, at least -18~19, this goes too for 22K.
-Make WP AA safer on block, -16 oh come on!
-Keep WP 3A like it is right now, keep the unsafety
-Keep WP 3 into SE and fith + frames
-Keep WP 4A+BB NC and hit grounded oponents.

I´m done! hope you like the opinion of a Setsuka player!

I think you all have covered pretty much everything that I'd like to see so I'll just post my favorite ideas.

1. I'd love to have a decent low

2. Howling Spirits should be a GB and do more damage.

3. I want her to remain difficult to master.

4. Give us a good auto GI

5. Make CS/SS remain difficult to execute and maybe some new animations.

The biggest problem I had with SCIV Ivy was her CF game. But now that that's gone in SCV I don't see her being as much of a problem! =P

In any case here are some of the things I would like to see in V:

1. General:
  • If her frames are similar in SCV it would be nice if her unsafe moves had a larger block stun window to be punished. (This goes for everyone in the cast)
  • If stance lock can be "fixed" or adjusted without compromising other systems in game that would be great.
  • Movement could be consistent between the main stances (WP and SW in SCV).
  • Keep her a relatively difficult character to learn and don't make her end up like SCIV endgame Ivy ;P
2. Stance Specific:
  • Sword Stance:
    • Less pushback in general.
    • Fix 214K glitch (perhaps it shouldn't do the grind at max range?)
    • 22K only, get rid of 2A+K (unless stance lock is gone). Frames could be somewhere in between the two, closer to 2A+K if the STC is gone.
    • FC3B -12 on block (perhaps this is too much?)
    • [A+B] damage reduction, perhaps less tracking and knockback.
    • Assuming the addition of quick step and what seems to be better movement in general, verticals could be better on block.
    • Keep CS and iCS. iCS could have the SCIV grab animation/range and do a bit more damage than the regular version. Break window should be the same for all command throws.
  • Coil Stance:
    • 214B moved to WP. Less evasive (should not avoid things like 2A at close range)
    • 1BB+K moved to WP.
    • 33BB moved to SW with new input (236BB?).
    • 22B moved to WP with new input. Could be +1 on block or 0 and leave the opponent in FC.
    • If CL WR B returns in another stance fix the random whiffing.
  • Whip Stance:
    • WP should be THE spacing stance. Pushback could remain the same or be slightly improved with CF gone.
    • If pushback is similar or worse than SCIV, frames on moves like WP6B+K and 6B could be slightly improved on block.
    • WP 3A could be safer and better on hit if there isn't a combo follow up like CL 236BB.
    • If possible keep SS available without using meter.
    • Long range moves should NOT build up meter as quickly as close range moves.
  • Serpent's Embrace:
    • Assuming the same options as SCIV are available, SE A and A+K should beat step.
    • Howling Spirits could be safe OR GB with the 5-hit JF. Maybe less pushback?
    • SE A+B could have a cancel or something to make it have more use.
Annnnndd that's all I got. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, as I am not THAT familiar with Ivy. I just know the basics and am familiar with the matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back