Official Astaroth buffs in 12/17 patch.

Astaroth136

[09] Warrior
1544719280882.png

Thoughts?

it's a very big list, but there is only 3 actual changes.

22B damage
236A+G damage
and 66A+G damage
And for all we know it could be 5 extra damage.

The rest dont even count, absolutely terrible.
2A+B as a GC?, dont make me laugh.

The revenge attack change ONLY applies to the throws, because 6(B+K) already gives you a ton of meter when it hits even if you are in SC.
They did nothing.

Completely agree. There are still whiffing issues NOT mentioned here, like 22B, 6B, and 22AA. I'm really hoping the damage buff from 22B and the A-grabs are substantial, otherwise Astaroth is still garbage.

I really would rather they nerf RE B and RE K but make RE faster.

I know they said they enlarged PT's hitbox but I bet it still whiffs when the opponent is behind you.

Happy that we can combo off 4B+K regardless of 1P or 2P now lol.

you could always combo from 4B+K, you just had to use 66B instead of air throw (which does more damage and leaves you in a better position than the throw actually),
The only reason not getting the air throw sucked is that you couldn't back ring out with it. but you would always get a combo no matter what.

I believe it means they do more guard damage and are able to guard break when the opponent's bar is flashing red.

Who needs a faster RE? RE A is beast now. If it comes out faster, it would be OP. You’d have no reason to do anything else, since the cost-benefit ratio for Asta using it is already huge. His REs hit way harder and all have substantial advantage. Even if he gets punished for using it or loses the gamble, some of the pressure he was under gets relieved.

Are you high?.

have you seen soul calibur 6 before?, lot and lots of characters get way more damage than him and have faster RE's.

I actually would be in favor of nerfing RE K / LH RE B / LH RE K in exchange for a faster RE attack.

Clob, who I consider to be the most successful tournament SC6 Asta player in the USA, never REs because there is too much risk.
To give you an example how slow Asta's RE is, I played an Asta mirror once where the other Asta bounced one of my attacks with his RE and I was able to interrupt his RE attack with my command throw.

Back