Official Discussion for SC4 Tier List And Character Guides

hmm... Opinion differs, but I consider 3-7 and up pretty decisive - I know a lot of players draw the line at 2-8, but that's me.

theres no way talim is absolute bottom tier, if she placed second at nationals. I know I know he out played the other people but if she were pure absolute trash then she would have gone no where.

I'd place her at least lower mid. but bottom next to rock? Hell no.
Edit dat shit
I saw the tier list with her at the bottom and I couldn't believe it. She does have alot of mix-ups and I consider her the best at close range. She shouldn't be low tiered.

Oh, give over - Omega even confessed the only reason his track record with Zas is so fierce is because nobody knew the matchup well enough XD.
That's a big factor with talim to and you know it.
You have this thing for "and you know it" as if I lie to myself, lol.

I'm just saying that without space control/range (and now that I think about it, his throw game, lol.) he is a worthless character, but Talim is in essence, that with maybe a touch more RO potential =/

All it takes is one person who is GODLY with a character for people to rethink tier lists. Apprentice was considered low tier until RTD came along. Hilde was also considered low tier in the beginning, until the doom combo was discovered.

It's quite possible that people haven't figured out the best way to play talim yet. I'm convinced that she has potential in the right hands. Seriously, she's pretty scary up close.

All things considered, namco did a fairly decent job of balancing sc4. With the exception of Algol, Ivy, Hilde, and Rock, everyone else is reasonably "balanced". Heck even Seong Mina can be good in the right hands (insane kent). Maxi isn't bad either.

They really fucked up with Rock. I mean, why would anyone use Rock when Astaroth is better in every conceivable way? The few times you do see Rock in a tournament, he always gets slaughtered.

All it takes is one person who is GODLY with a character for people to rethink tier lists. Apprentice was considered low tier until RTD came along. Hilde was also considered low tier in the beginning, until the doom combo was discovered.

Apprentice was always mid.

And yeah, thanx to Japan, Hilde shot up to the top. But imagine if C3B, C2B, C3A, and C2A simply jus KD'ed with no follow-ups. She definitely wouldnt be top.

It's quite possible that people haven't figured out the best way to play talim yet. I'm convinced that she has potential in the right hands. Seriously, she's pretty scary up close.

Talim is nowhere near scary up close, or anywhere for that matter. The only reason Kura and Omega win with crap tier characters is because they have grasped Soul Calibur. They understand this game better than anyone else. They are without a doubt among the best players in the world, if not THE best players in the world.

They really fucked up with Rock. I mean, why would anyone use Rock when Astaroth is better in every conceivable way? The few times you do see Rock in a tournament, he always gets slaughtered.

Just like Talim.

Back