Official Soul Calibur V Announcement Trailer...

• Admin
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Soul Calibur V!
As you know by now, last night at Namco's Level Up press event in Dubai, they announced the newest entry into the Soul Calibur series: Soul Calibur V. This new game will be a radical change in the series, as we know that it takes place 17 years after the end of the previous game. The trailer Namco gave us, tells us a little of what happens at the end of Soul Calibur IV, as well as goes so far to introduce the main character of the game: Patroklos. Patroklos, of course is Sophitia's son and Cassandra's nephew. Soul Calibur V is slated for release in 2012.

scv.png

Naturally, taking place 17 years after the previous game will bring along some major changes; most likely between stage settings and character roster. This isn't the first time a fighting game series has attempted to reinvigorate itself by mixing up it's roster. SNK tried it with Mark of the Wolves and Capcom tried it with Street Fighter 3. While both of those games are considered the best in the series, both of them were not fan favorites. Of course, neither of those games tried anything as radical as a 17 year time skip.

So when it comes to returning characters, a lot of us will be disappointed. However, also expect a lot of us to be surprised. While you may be sad that this most definitely puts the nail in the coffins of both Li Long and Hwang, it also opens up the possiblity of an even more fan anticipated return... BANGOOO!!!!! I can tell you that Namco will soon be unveiling the new SCV website with a large focus on social interaction, so be sure to stay tuned to 8WayRun.Com, @Flithirich, @Daishi_CALIBUR and FB/SoulCalibur.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I don't know, Voldo was still rocking it at 60+; who says he can't do the same at 70-80? :p

I logged off a while after posting this in the older thread, so I'm just gonna bring it up again.

What year is SC5 set it in? I know SC2 was 1591, and SC3 was right after it, dunno about SC4, but I think SC5 might be the first game set during the Tokugawa/Edo period...where it completely closed itself in.

i.e. No more invading Korea.

i.e. No reason for Seong Mi-Na and maybe Yun Seong to be there.

Assuming my knowledge is correct, that is.

All the non-humans still have a very good chance of returning; unless we take Amy's ending to be true and Raphael couldn't get his way back up out of that Ring Out after 17 years.

Xcuse me for sayin, but... It would be bad-ass if Amy killed Raphael.

Of the people who can age and have listed ages,

Cassandra - 38
Hilde - 35
Hwang - 49
Ivy - 49
Kilik - 40
Li Long - 48
Maxi - 45
Mitsurugi - 46
Raphael - 49
Rock - 59
Mina - 40
Setsuka - 41
Siegfried - 40
Sophitia - 42
Taki - 46
Talim - 32
Tira - 34
Voldo - 67
Xianghua - 37
Yun-Seong - 33

Going by this, it doesn't look like it the time skip would necessarily put anyone out of commission, maybe save Voldo or Rock - but come on, it's Voldo and Rock. The thing people have to remember is that the Soul series has a habit of treating quantifiable information like it means absolutely nothing.

Sweet Hilde is gonna be too old to even carry that lance to pull off doom combos. LOL And I wonder if Patrolklos is gonna be broke like his mom.

Reactions: HRD
Going by this, it doesn't look like it the time skip would necessarily put anyone out of commission, maybe save Voldo or Rock - but come on, it's Voldo and Rock. The thing people have to remember is that the Soul series has a habit of treating quantifiable information like it means absolutely nothing.
Voldo was looking for someone to watch over his Master's fortune and Bangoo could possibly replace Rock.

A new era is about to begin!!!
Hooray!!!
Man I'm looking forward to seeing the 40-year-old Sieg :P

Voldo was looking for someone to watch over his Master's fortune and Bangoo could possibly replace Rock.

Lizardman becomes the new Voldo and Bangoo finally gets a spot on the roster? Sounds perfect to me.

Also anyone else catch DC Douglas in the trailer?

This made my day.

I was hoping for something more like a 5 or 10 year time skip. 17 years kind of puts too much of the characters out of commission i think. Im just hoping for Talim and Mina to return, although, i think having Mina be 40 will make her lose some ("coughalotcough*) of her sexiness. Either way, im excited.

I think 17 years is too much. It would really put me off if they take out characters or make them look old. Ivy is what then, 47? Bleh. Unlesss her cursed blood has made her eternally young and sexy! I hope so!
What if they make Mitsurugi an old, sick man like Lau from Virtua Fighter? Always coughing from his disease.

I think 17 years is too much. It would really put me off if they take out characters or make them look old. Ivy is what then, 47? Bleh. Unlesss her cursed blood has made her eternally young and sexy! I hope so!
What if they make Mitsurugi an old, sick man like Lau from Virtua Fighter? Always coughing from his disease.

I'll go ahead and be the one to say it, I've seen some extremely sexy and attractive women in their late 40's. Granted they are pretty rare and ain't just falling from the sky, but still.... So Ivy ain't totally down and out yet. But as you said, i much prefer her to be a quazi immortal 30 year old and i won't be able to stomach one of my favorite characters not making the roster. Aside from her, most of the characters i like are immortal, such as Zasalemel and Algol. Wonder if those two will be returining as well.

Yeah, I suspected the countdown would be related to a SC5 website. They still have 1 hour to upload the site on their server, though.

I wan't my robo yoshi, I guess 17 years is not enough to get it, at least yoshi doesn´t age... Mmm, Dampierre would be too old for this SC?, I don´t remember his age and I liked him, crazy enough to fit my taste.
Old Mitsu, finally, no chance he would get back his !11 A

Will that site auto-update?! Should I wait, or just go to work and check out the aftermath. the game is so far away, so nothing much to get excited about. and if there is something to get excited about, I dont wanna know because Imma hafta wait so long.

Nightmare cant go away, he's the main bad guy of the series, plus he's the weilder of the Soul Edge

Live streams

14 Viewers
noxdeanoctis
noxdeanoctis
Good morning for some SC!
1 Viewers
InvaderBeanieBaby
InvaderBeanieBaby
Shhh dont tell TEKKEN 😅😒😭😏🙏

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)