Official Soul Calibur V Announcement Trailer...

• Admin
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Soul Calibur V!
As you know by now, last night at Namco's Level Up press event in Dubai, they announced the newest entry into the Soul Calibur series: Soul Calibur V. This new game will be a radical change in the series, as we know that it takes place 17 years after the end of the previous game. The trailer Namco gave us, tells us a little of what happens at the end of Soul Calibur IV, as well as goes so far to introduce the main character of the game: Patroklos. Patroklos, of course is Sophitia's son and Cassandra's nephew. Soul Calibur V is slated for release in 2012.

scv.png

Naturally, taking place 17 years after the previous game will bring along some major changes; most likely between stage settings and character roster. This isn't the first time a fighting game series has attempted to reinvigorate itself by mixing up it's roster. SNK tried it with Mark of the Wolves and Capcom tried it with Street Fighter 3. While both of those games are considered the best in the series, both of them were not fan favorites. Of course, neither of those games tried anything as radical as a 17 year time skip.

So when it comes to returning characters, a lot of us will be disappointed. However, also expect a lot of us to be surprised. While you may be sad that this most definitely puts the nail in the coffins of both Li Long and Hwang, it also opens up the possiblity of an even more fan anticipated return... BANGOOO!!!!! I can tell you that Namco will soon be unveiling the new SCV website with a large focus on social interaction, so be sure to stay tuned to 8WayRun.Com, @Flithirich, @Daishi_CALIBUR and FB/SoulCalibur.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Cervantes was a wielder of the Soul Edge as well and so was Algol in the past and Nightmware was Siegfried after all. But who knows, who will be the new wielder of Soul Ednge and the new Nightmare

Cervantes was a wielder of the Soul Edge as well and so was Algol in the past and Nightmware was Siegfried after all. But who knows, who will be the new wielder of Soul Ednge and the new Nightmare

I call BULL!! nobody can replace Nightmare >.> I hope he's just made even more badass though, oh and lets hope namco puts X Factor in SC5

As far as I know, Voldo still controls, keeps, Soul Edge.

The new Kid has Soul Edge in his Bloods, literally, since Sophie had shards Stuck in her from Soul Blade.

Amy Talim and Cass are most likely to have a major part in the Story IMO. I can see all 17 of those Custom Characters from SC3 making a return.

I can see all 17 of those Custom Characters from SC3 making a return.

...huh? The Chronicles of the Sword characters had nothing to do with the main story, and there's nothing indicating that it's different this time round, is there?

Hmmm I guess I should have said, those Fighting Styles making a Return. Nothing is out of the ordinary right now.

We should start speculating about the Guest characters that we will BAN!!! Either Pirates of Caribean, Maybe Onimusha dude, Maybe another Tekken character as non-guest.....who knows....

oh yeah good point, any news on the guest characters? Zero maybe >=) actually Dante would be the baddest guest character ever. It's all about devil trigger

ahhhh....what a relief!! to all those that said SC5 wouldnt happen.....*middle finger* for you!!

Maxi +17 would make him 45!! Damn! Gray haired elvis impersonator to the rescue.

HRD

I pray to god they don't make Dante a guest character. I can see how well it would market the game because his army of fans and shit but for gods sake please please please do not put him in yet another game because he was an anti-hero with a sense of humor in flashy games.

Kinda disapointed in the 17 year skip.. Granted its a great reason to make a bunch of new characters, but that will either force them to age out nearly all of the current cast, or just graphic fake them into still looking young. Sophitia would be like 42 years old by then..

Kinda disapointed in the 17 year skip.. Granted its a great reason to make a bunch of new characters, but that will either force them to age out nearly all of the current cast, or just graphic fake them into still looking young. Sophitia would be like 42 years old by then..

Then they should just skip her... ;)

I'll go ahead and be the one to say it, I've seen some extremely sexy and attractive women in their late 40's. Granted they are pretty rare and ain't just falling from the sky, but still.... So Ivy ain't totally down and out yet. But as you said, i much prefer her to be a quazi immortal 30 year old and i won't be able to stomach one of my favorite characters not making the roster. Aside from her, most of the characters i like are immortal, such as Zasalemel and Algol. Wonder if those two will be returining as well.

Yeah, I guess I would be fine if some of my favorites (quazi immortal as you said) remained intact. Still, the 17 year thing gives me a bad vibe regarding characters, and the worst they could do is do like Tekken where they had Michelle and then they introduced Julia which are very similar.

I hope we can get rid of those shiny graphics from 4 and get some real graphics like SC2, they must try to make it like tekken 6. I dont think SC4 graphics are better than 3 or 2. It's not about plygon count, its about colors and textures, deep loooking characters etc. Its all about art imo.

I'm sure if the roster turns out to be mostly new characters, then most of the old move-lists will also be intact for the most part. Most.

Live streams

17 Viewers
Barry_Burtton
Barry_Burtton
[ESP +18] Miercoles de toñas fight (!speak para hablar)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back