OK guys please need help with New Raph.

darkfender

[10] Knight
Sorry lot of wrong puctuation also.

44AB used to be a good prep entry for mixup on blocks.
Now if opponent can simply step and block after 44AB it defeats the point of half prep outside combos.
I think if i expect a step i should have at least an option to dissuade it even if unsafe if my guess is wrong.

P.S: new sieg/NM mixups are way stronger. They still have mixups suffering crouch but if they guess you are about to crouch, they can punish you with another mixup option.
That is the case of all SC characters… i don't agree raph should be the exception.

Destinizish

Now Sleep Forever
44AB used to be a good prep entry for mixup on blocks.
Now if opponent can simply step and block after 44AB it defeats the point of half prep outside combos.
I think if i expect a step i should have at least an option to dissuade it even if unsafe if my guess is wrong.
Prep 6K, which if it catches step should get you a BB:B46BB:B

I don't know what that is. Are you talking about Prep B+K? or Prep B, K?
Prep BK. It's a string. If 6B lands, 46 immediately cancels into prep, and BK is a natural combo with it, which gives knockdown.

LOVELAIN

[01] Neophyte
I played around with and against 44A(B) in practice mode for a bit. My conclusions so far:

• after blocking 44A(B), sidewalking is a bad idea, gets caught for a run counter by prep AB or prep 6K
  • after blocking 44A(B), single step left into block evades all non tracking moves from prep and blocks any that would track the movement
Possible solutions to this:
  • prep AA seems like the best straightforward option, it's safe enough on block that you can step most verticals afterwards (not Raph's 6B though, it's too fast)
  • prep 6A is okay too, but you get worse frames on block, so not much of a point doing this IMO
  • prep 6K is unsafe, gets punished by Raph 214:B
  • prep A by itself is slightly unsafe, only gets punished by Raph 6B
  • prep A(B) is not good, they can duck the second hit on block
  • delay into linear prep options is actually quite nice, if you wait a bit Raph realigns himself, so if they just block you get to wail on them with prep B or whatever
  • prep 6 is the same idea, can loop into itself as long as you want
  • prep 4 into back off is okay if you want to disengage
IMO the best option is to wait half a second to realign and then do a prep BBB_BBA mixup (this also has the upside of beating people who throw out AAs or other highs against prep), but I'm open to other suggestions. Prep AA is the safest thing to do, as it will counterhit sidewalkers while being safe against step into block, but it's pretty low reward. Also remember that all of these except prep 4 will lose to 2As.

Oh, and let me know if I missed something or got anything wrong.

LOVELAIN

[01] Neophyte
We only miss
SE and 4 Mixups.
If i expect a step followed by a block SE and 4 should give raph enough advantage to hit before opponent can react.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I forgot about that. Tried it out and yeah, by the time SE or AG come out it's too late to interrupt. And if they just block there after the step, SE B and AG B don't even whiff! How nice.