Old Man's Wisdom: Mitsurugi Combos

Just figured out a new way to combo into the super! (I think it hasn't been posted, anyway).

3B_A+B+K, 3K, 236236+A+B+K

So... it's the 3B Brave Edge followed by his front kick into super. No need to do the 236B Brave Edge... lovin' this! :)

Mmm, good thinking, I didn't. Any way to simulate that in training?

I'll experiment in player matches for the time being.

Actually I just tested with GC on CPU just to make numbers properly

236B, CE = 113
44B,MST B*, B+K, 1A = 101 , so there is no real point ot use 236B CE unless you kill opp with those extra 12 dmg.

BE is 1/2 bar

Actually, Zeikazi, could you just write down better combos you've found and I will add it to first post later?

Thanks for the info Belial (and couple others in this thread) Definitely will help improve my game.

P.S. What are some good zoning moves for Mitsu?

Nice presentation.

Can't give away everything so easily but since this is put together so well here's another one:

Tech Trap:

22_88B:
  • 236{B1} all directions
  • 236{B1}*, CE all directions

tech trap after 22B is a problem because if opponent doesn't tech, I've found nothing to do more damage on the ground.

edit: 4K, left right : 3A. Stay on ground punisher : 3B or 6B2.

character specific :/

for 44B counter,
  • MST B,B+K, CE
You need to dash before CE to be able to reach the opponent. Can't reach if you don't dash at all....I was only to be able to do the combo once, I forgot for the dash if I did ff or f. Anyways it's hard to do...anyone got any insights? it's a really heavy damage combo and 44B is safe if blocked, good move I think

This thread is awesome, if possible can you also list the damage points?

for 44B counter,
  • MST B,B+K, CE
You need to dash before CE to be able to reach the opponent. Can't reach if you don't dash at all....I was only to be able to do the combo once, I forgot for the dash if I did ff or f. Anyways it's hard to do...anyone got any insights? it's a really heavy damage combo and 44B is safe if blocked, good move I think

This thread is awesome, if possible can you also list the damage points?

What I do to try this combo is to do the 236 motion 3 times instead of 2 , so what happens is that Mitsu steps in before doing the CE.

Also, I may attempt to go to training mode and try out all of these combos to see what the damage values are.

I'm surprised to see no 44A in tech traps, doesn't it catch right, back, and forward after 236(B) and 66A+B?

3 times...very cool I will try that

ok for this combo
11_77(B)A6
  • MSTB*,3B,236B*,CE
I got 3 different total damage points, they are 109, 112, and 125. For other combos it's similar there are like 2,3 maybe more diff total damage points..why is that???

also for this
Normal Hit Combos
---------------------------------------------

3B_33B
  • 236B
  • 23B*, 6B2
  • 236B*CE

236B*, 1B also works, a little more damage than 6B2 (also fix that 23B* lol, I tho maybe it's 3B*, was trying that and the combo didn't work)

Hey Iron_Fist,

Different damage points result from (someone correct me if I'm wrong) what direction the character is facing when hit by moves (side and rear take slightly more damage) and also from clean hits.
Counter hits also change damage, but moves should usually be tested with only one CH setting.

First post updated.

Damage is slightly random, its true, given clean hits happen randomly its a pain to figure out.
added some combos to first post
still need Zelikazi for his advanced wallcombos

Iron Fist: 3B doesnt work for me. Which char are you testing on?
I use 6B2 b/c of wakeup situation. 1B is 1 point more damage I think.

Back