Old school 2D fighters

Jaytech

[09] Warrior
i dunno why, but lately im trying to collect all the good old school fighting games that are playable on my ps3. right now i got:

capcom vs. snk 2 ps2
mortal kombat trilogy psx
king of fighters xi ps2

what else could be interesting? note that i don't wanna have only sf games or snk, i wanna have a mixture!

any ideas plus reasons are appreciated.

Probably King of Fighters orochi collection on PS2.

Game is a little rough with load times and there are a few glitches. but it's 5 old school fighting games for 15 dollars so it's still worth it if you're a fan.

The rest of SNKs compilations are straight localizations of the ones released in Japan so they're also good buys to consider. I think all of them retail at 15 as well. I'd recommend the Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2(The real bout games) and the World heroes collection.

In January King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match drops in the US which I'm really excited about. It's a rebalancing of King of Fighters 98 with new characters and alot of new moves and versions for old ones. So it's a new game that still has that old school style and atmosphere. If you get just one of the things I suggested, make it this one.

I just listed SNK games because I usually enjoy those more than capcom games. but you can probably find a copy of the Alpha collection or Street Fighter anniversary edition online. and of course you should download HD Remix

and that's all I can think of that you can play on your PS3. If you had a PS2 capable of playing imports I could probably recommend some more

definitely SF anniversary edition because 3rd strike is a must!

Alpha collection also crucial and if you're interested in an arcade perfect version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo you can pick up Capcom classics collection (i think volume 2) for dirt cheap

also if you really love your capcom stuff you can pick up capcom fighting evolution for shits and giggles ... should be cheap too

i kno it's not playable on ps3 but Garou: Mark of the Wolves is a must!! ... get it however you can =)

I'm actually in the process of reacquainting myself with the KoF series and some other snk goodness so ill be sharing in ur nostalgic bliss!

If you also have either a japanese PS2 or a modded one, get the Vampire Savior Collection. Capcom really needs to make an updated version of that.

If you also have either a japanese PS2 or a modded one, get the Vampire Savior Collection. Capcom really needs to make an updated version of that.

Yeah

I would have suggested that if he didn't say PS3 as Darkstalkers is my favorite capcom series.

and an updated VS would be boss

Vampire Savior HD Remix

I'm waiting for Samurai Shodown Anthology to be release. Been a fan of the series since the old snes days. It contain most of the game in the series, so it should be a very nice add to your collection. As for the official release date, don't expect any solid information.

Here's a link to the official website for the Samurai Shodown series:
http://samuraianiv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/index.html

i have mk2 and hd remix, of course.

im not a big guilty gear/mvc2 fan, too colorful for my taste. i have a pal ps3, so no sf3 for me unfortunately.

Back