OLK & PKG Editor v0.3 BETA (Work in Progress)

TopazHacker

The Unknown Soul
Now, most of us have been dealing with Soulcalibur 2 and Soulcalibur 3 modding for quite some time now. And there are times where the OLK Explorer (which is made by Cypher35) can come short, or at some cases, even break the game.

Which is why I have taken the responsibility to create something that, was more precise, accurate and feature-full than the OLK Explorer (but also bigger), presenting the all-new:
OLK & PKG Editor (looking for a better name)

olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-28-51.png

As you can see, it is a bit more, erm, cluttered than the OLK Explorer we all know and love. But that's for a good reason.

To start off, let's talk about some of the features the new explorer packs:

Classics: This tool can reliably extract files from and import files unto the opened OLK and PKG Files and their Level-1 Subfiles.
It also packs a saving feature to prevent mistakes, unlike the OLK Explorer.

Convenience: This tool can name files within the opened files and save them to a TOML Config File
for later use, and also packs a dark mode.

Safety: In order to prevent theft and other sorts of dirty business, one can encrypt and decrypt their files which
the tool won't be able to open without the set password. And it also packs a fail-safe feature and allows you to continue
your work from where you left off in case anything happens.

Accessibility: This tool color-codes all the known formats to make it easier to tell what files are what, gives a clear graphical
representation of a file, and supports 2 languages: English and Turkish.

Game Knowledge: This file can identify which ROOT files came from which game, region and console.

Now you have seen all the features and ask: "Does it do anything else that can sell it for me?"
Well, yes, it does things faster, and it can also edit PKG files.

Opening the Soulcalibur 3 ROOT file takes 20 seconds on the OLK Explorer, while it takes 12 in this tool.

(Keep in mind that this tool creates a temp file in order to be mistake-free with it's saving feature, which the OLK Explorer does not.
The times can vary depending on the hard-disk, random access memory and operating system health.)

Well, now you may be asking: "Can we see more screenshots of this tool?"
And I say to that: Go ahead, I will show them with pleasure:

olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-28-51.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-43-19.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-43-52.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-48-32.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-49-13.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-50-17.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-55-15.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-51-05.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-53-48.png
olk_PkgEditor_2018-09-28_10-54-05.png

Now, since this is not the first version, you can see the changelog of this tool below:

v0.01 BETA
- Made the tool

v0.02 BETA
- Added PS2 Compability
- Made the Soulcalibur Naming Scheme
- Added the Executable Details
- Removed the W.I.P. Finalization Feature

A complete overhaul to the tool is currently in progress, and because of a subfile edit issue that will be fixed at this overhaul, the links have been removed temporarily.

With your support, the age of Soulcalibur Modding can be sprung into life again.​

And as always, remember: "The legend, will never die!"

- Topaz Quartz, the founder of Topaz' Reality and a modder from the past.​

Last edited:

Byros

[09] Warrior
It's been a long time, since Soulcalibur modding was started back at NH by Cypher35 and others, and at least in my humble opinion the lack of dedicated & more powerful modding tools for the PS2 versions of the game, hindered interest and mod diversity for Soulcalibur 3, whereas the Xbox version of Soulcalibur 2 had great mods stemming from really good tools available at the time.

In this regard, it is much appreciated that you are making this effort to improve the tools available to the community, the better the tools available, the better the mods could be, so in my mind it was about time, and I'm looking forward to it!

Happy modding.

TopazHacker

The Unknown Soul
It's been a long time, since Soulcalibur modding was started back at NH by Cypher35 and others, and at least in my humble opinion the lack of dedicated & more powerful modding tools for the PS2 versions of the game, hindered interest and mod diversity for Soulcalibur 3, whereas the Xbox version of Soulcalibur 2 had great mods stemming from really good tools available at the time.

In this regard, it is much appreciated that you are making this effort to improve the tools available to the community, the better the tools available, the better the mods could be, so in my mind it was about time, and I'm looking forward to it!

Happy modding.
Your feedback is really appriciated my friend. +5 Motivation for me.

dcooper

[08] Mercenary
Would this tool be able for us to export the unk and pkg files from the root of soulcalibur 2 and say edit it in photoshop? and import back in?

TopazHacker

The Unknown Soul
Would this tool be able for us to export the unk and pkg files from the root of soulcalibur 2 and say edit it in photoshop? and import back in?
You can export and import files from the OLK and PKG files. But can't, say, convert VTX to PNG. There are other, far more advances tools for that.
To answer it though: Yes. Yes you can.

Byros

[09] Warrior
Great mate!

I just downloaded your new OLK & PKG Editor tool, I will try it in the following days!

artard4321

[10] Knight
It's been a long time and I may have recalled incorrectly but didn't somebody point out that the problem with porting Ivy and Yoshimitsu from SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition to PlayStation 2 is due to the old OLK Editor? Something about how extraction and reallocation is causing TLB miss errors if I recall.

With this version, do you think we will be a step closer to getting Ivy and Yoshimitsu to work properly? It would be amazing if we could get closer to modding the console version of the game so that it is closer to the arcade version of it. Maybe even edit the character select screen to reflect the arcade version.

TopazHacker

The Unknown Soul
It's been a long time and I may have recalled incorrectly but didn't somebody point out that the problem with porting Ivy and Yoshimitsu from SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition to PlayStation 2 is due to the old OLK Editor? Something about how extraction and reallocation is causing TLB miss errors if I recall.

With this version, do you think we will be a step closer to getting Ivy and Yoshimitsu to work properly? It would be amazing if we could get closer to modding the console version of the game so that it is closer to the arcade version of it. Maybe even edit the character select screen to reflect the arcade version.
I am working on a new version which will support some kind of an in game compression method alongside with correct allocations.
If I succeed, I will test AE Yoshi and Ivy first.

TopazHacker

The Unknown Soul
Maybe even edit the character select screen to reflect the arcade version.
I mean, the Character Selection Screen has nothing to do with the tool and I have edited it and showed it off before. So, I think we can pull that off. The problem is, you know, the slot arrangement. They work using the UCM Method. So, we'll see.

TiraRules

[10] Knight
it don't work after i extract the OLK file from my SoulCalibur 3 disc (PS2 user here)

that freeze and it don't show all the files

my Windows is Windows 7 32-bit

TopazHacker

The Unknown Soul
it don't work after i extract the OLK file from my SoulCalibur 3 disc (PS2 user here)

that freeze and it don't show all the files

my Windows is Windows 7 32-bit
It will do so if your HDD Speed is slow, because it has to copy files from A to B. Just wait.