Olympics -- the Anti-SC4?

Syrpiektre

[09] Warrior
Today marks three days I haven't touched SC4, and before the Olympics started I was playing every day. I just can't not watch and cheer o_O and then again my schedule doesn't lend itself to making sc4 time:

9-6 Working (internship)
7-10 Game Project Work
10-12 or later, Olympics

x_X Anyone else actually having SC4 withdrawal because of the continuous coverage?

Haha, yeah. IMO the men's gymnastics is more interesting than the girls but overall it's just fun to see. The stories are pretty nice too (Kerri Walsh and Misty May win 104 straight matches WTF?!).

So far nothing has gotten me nearly as excited watching the 4x100 Men's Swimming Relay win by .08 seconds x_X

Yeah. I have that problem too. But I also play Brawl competitively so I'm torn between practicing both SC 4, Brawl, working on my game project (yay for someone else who does that too) and watching the Olympics online.

No?

By the way, what´s this Osimplycs you´re all talking about? It´s the last character slot, right?

Isn't this "Olympics" just Sophie's stage?

bah ... I don't really watch for more than 10 min at a time ... rather play SC4 or pretend to be productive

besides i never catch the events i actually would sit and watch like fencing, judo, wrestling, and maybe some track & field ... always miss 'em

haha fencing went 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to three american friends who all sucked. it was dumb as hell. i think they won by default for being the last three people alive who give a shit about fencing.

I was pretty surprised at that too, but whatever it takes :D I could care less if they sucked if they still beat the rest of the world at it. Although I guess general consensus here is that the Games aren't really taking over any lives >_> Guess I'm alone in that regard, since I'm just drawn in to competition wherever it might be :P

My colleague is in the rowing final (men's 8) on Sunday, so I've been following him a bit. Rowing is just boring though.

Other than that I've been following swimming, the Dutch judo competition and the soccer and basketball a bit.

When Basketball, Swimming, Diving, and Gymnastics is on my TV is on the Olympics, no doubt.

If this was a few months ago with the football (the one where you kick the ball with your foot opposed to carrying it with your hands) European Championship I wouldn't have touched SC IV much either. But I don't care all too much for most of the Olympics. The winter Olypmics always holds more interest for me. Plus the time zone difference...

Nope... Olympics -- The time killer while I wait for matches.

I split my screen and watch the Olympics until it's my turn to go.... Unless it's an event or person I don't want to miss.

I only enjoy watching the mens swim team,womens diving,volleyball,womens gymnastics and SOMETIMES Track, but other then that....I have plenty of time for SC4.
Don't get me wrong I do love watching the Olympics,but some events I'm not so interested in.

Back