Online Tournaments

RedDjinn

Dat Hillbilly
I can host them, record, run brackets, and run a live stream...

Who's in?? XBL or PSN doesnt matter...

Id like to do at least 32 people... 4 pools of 8 ran throughout the week, (you pick whatever day to compete that works best with your schedule) with top 2 from each pool moving on to top 8 on saturday night ( you can take one saturday off from partying to participate in top 8 ) if you come from losers then you can only lose once on Top 8 night.

Tournament will be for North America only ( Canada included of course ) Even if you have a great connect with overseas people most of the time it isnt worth playing and Ive had alot of issues with them in the past in these tournaments.

I have exp. running this for MK9 and it went pretty well and was fun to boot! With SCV's netcode being pretty legit I think something like this could be great for the community and get SCV out there even more... Depending on how smooth the first one goes I will probably add prizes in somewhere along the way...

These wont start up till after Final Round but please post up if you would be interested so I can see if I should even try...

Thanks

EDIT - Going to list names so I can keep up.

PSN -
HRD
LP
DrakeAldan
Williamsova
Kenjitsu_Hokori

XBL-
SupaSaru
BusOrez
BeefyWhale
Wonton Rogue
TagUrPregnant

Either-
Red Djinn

Id prolly do it just for the hell of it. What do I get WHEN I win?? Thats right hillbilly WHEN I win!!

HRD

LOL that will be decided... I have alot of extra cool shit lieing around like sticks, contollers, games, and so on... Maybe even some chedder if it gets big enough...

Sort of an offshoot -
Do most TOs use pen and paper brackets or are you guys on some fancy software (like TIO)?

Typically is TIO. This however would be an un-official thing. Unless 8wr wants to put its support behind it. Which I doubt. Sounds like just a good ol time. Ill be down for the fun of it!!

*must get mic*

HRD

Sort of an offshoot -
Do most TOs use pen and paper brackets or are you guys on some fancy software (like TIO)?

I use the challonge bracket generator... Its the easiest one for me and lets other people see them...

Aha! http://challonge.com/tournaments

I see. Something like Challonge is exactly what I was going to make. Any issues with Challonge?

Not really, once you know how to work it, its actually pretty easy... Thanks though!

I will probably need help running brackets or getting matches started so anyone availiable to help with that on either side let me know.

Let's do it. Lag powers activate.

Picking an empty room in Global Colosseo seemed to work well last time. since the chat log is expandable you could probably keep all the communication in there.

I was thinking about running weekly tournaments on PSN- but I have caveats.

1) You must have a STABLE 4 or 5 bars with me (the host). I have a dedicated internet connection JUST for my online gaming and other internet activities. This will make them semi-regional, but of higher quality.

2) These tournaments would be part of a bigger "League". Complete with a real ranking system and points- not this shitty ranking system they give us. Some format changes week to week to keep things fresh are also on the table- One week it might be standard double elim, the next week it might be character lock, the next week it might be another

3) Matches must be supervised by a judge (most likely me as the host, but if this expands, others too), so in the case of random disconnects that are nobodies fault, the conditions can be reset to the nearest round to finish out the game. Als because sometimes you need someone to adjudicate. In the interest of fairness, I won't play unless I have other judges to monitor me.

4) Brackets will be posted the day before the tournament, online.

5) You must be willing to save your replays of the matches. I am going to keep an archive of the match videos, and dedicate a channel to these.

7) Performance in previous tournaments will affect seeding in the next one.

8) If this gets big enough, I am willing to give this a go as a small scale operation with actual rewards or payouts.
I have plenty of experience running tournaments and the payout models for online are also not foreign to me either. That is future-thinking though.

Interested? Like this post or PM me. If I get enough interest, I'll open a thread and begin this in earnest.

Back