Online Vader training

Juez

DragonPuncher
I have been playing vader for a fairly decent amount of time now and I keep noticing that I still need more work with him. There are some situations that I just cant get out of with him and his horrible lows don't help much. That being the case I was wondering if I could get some of you guys to have some vader matches with me and tell me what I should work on

Force training

There are some situations that I just cant get out of with him and his horrible lows don't help much.

you have the option of going into training mode (w/ the record feature) to figure out how to get out of situations you previously couldn't... or you can ask numerous amounts of questions and I'm sure that someone can come to your rescue eventually.

as for finding others to play on PSN... you can use Javachat as a secondary option to seek out willing opponents.

Force training

Name a few bad situations and i'll see what i can do to help you. And also tell me your playstyle with Vader.

Force training

usually what gets me is the bum rushes, I mean if i have someone in my face just throwing out attacks I tend to have problems. It's usually the faster characters like maxi, taki, and talim. I cant guard impact some moves and that leaves me trapped taking soul damage. Its the lack of lows that gets me really

Force training

i see. well maxi and talim are deceptively fast. they only seem that way because you think you've got no options when they start attacking. don't let them fool you.

4A+B beats ALL of talims wind leap options and if they start wind saulting you, sidestep and punish since all wind saults moves are pretty linear. 1BA should kill all of her wind charmer mix-ups

for maxi, use 1BA as he transitions into different stances. beware of the B+K GI move he has in his stances as well. only be sure to attack if you know it won't be GIed. if all else fails, throw him in-between his stance changes if you don't want to take the risk.

now taki's speed is the real deal. her AA beats out all of Vader's attacks unless you force cancel properly to give you frames. make sure you are the one attacking, and not her and keep a good distance from her. if she decides to start try and PO rush you, use 1BA as she transitions to get some space. try to fight her at mid range. that's how i usually play her

all and all, 1BA owns. don't spam it, however, as the second hit is high and can easily be TC. don't rely on force parrys all too much either. the opponent may get wise and delay their attacks so you GI air and then kiss a good chunk of your health away. don't forget to force cancel as well and throw a lot to make up for the lack of lows. Force Choke FTW

Force training

Okay I played a taki player and i did fairly when I could keep her at my tip range. When she would get in close I had trouble but I managed to get a force impact in to get some distance. Thanks Megido. Alright I was playing a very good hilde and i was thinking that vader does fairly well against her but I still lost. Any advice against Hilde? Also when you use the force attacks do you use the taunt button to do the force eruption or to you actually press A+B? When I press the taunt I have a hard time force canceling.

Force training

Don't forget to work on doing Soul Gauge damage yourself. Especially against people who don't side-step against you. After 4B on block, step or GI. According to Crow's study, Vader has uber step so use it often. Another thing you can use is FC A+B (block) > 4B.

So that's a way to compensate for your lack of lows. Make your opponent whiff or get guaranteed damage off of force guard impacts, while at the same time working for a critical finish. Also throw a lot.

Force training

Vader vs. Hilde

This one is in Vader's favor because he can't be hit with that god-forsaken doom combo. Now this doesn't mean it's going to be easy. She can still hit you with C2BB and C3B at mid and long range and kill step with C2AA and C3A. Don't continually be in her face, but don't stay too far from her. And watch out for the C2B on block to C3A. Not sure if it's frame trap, but i could never do anything to counter except Force Parry. Doom combo may be out, but you can still be ROed if you're about mid range to the edge of the ring. Be extremely careful. Make sure you step a lot, but step wisely. You don't want to sent flying out the ring near the edge as you tried to step and 8WR her CB attacks only to ROed by a CA variation

Force training

Also when you use the force attacks do you use the taunt button to do the force eruption or to you actually press A+B? When I press the taunt I have a hard time force canceling.

You can actually make it really easy on yourself, and use Critical Finish on a shoulder button. The input is horridly cheap to do after that.

As in, you can input stuff like B,Bg~A+B~G as B,CF~CF~CF. I feel bad even using it, it's THAT easy.

(edited the inputs to match my post below)

Force training

I never knew this I will test this out when I get home.

Force training

EDIT: I just retested this because I felt like I was forgetting something, so let me explain what the CF button actually does now that I've double checked -

For B,Bg~A+B~G, pressing B,CF~CF~CF works because the first CF counts as the Bg slide (not sure why), and the second two count for A+B and G respectively.

All of the others work a tad differently though. For example, 22Bg~A+B~G works by pressing 22Bcf~CF because the first CF counts as both the slide to g and the A+B press...again, not sure why this happens. The second CF is obviously just for G, so you could just press that if you felt like it.

Force training

Well i will test out the CF for all his force cancels to get better timings on my part. I havent been using force counters and i have been in placed in bad spots.

I said this in another thread but I still want to do this I was thinking of having a thread dedicated for the sole purpose of match-ups. Have vader vs Ex. Sieg have strategies to play against him what moves you should use and what not, and do that for each character what do you guys think?

Force training

Does this CF cancel use less force than the 1A+B~G force cancels?

Funny how the CF button works...I use it to pull off Apprentice A+B combos with aerial opponents.

Force training

Doing it that way uses the same amount as doing A+B~G to force cancel. If you want to use less force you'll need to do for example: 22B~1A+B+K+G~A+B+K+G.

Force training

Yeah, using the CF button doesn't change anything about the moves, it's just a cheap and easy way of inputting them. OOF is right about using less force of course, inputting 1CF is just as good as pressing 1A+B.

Any good vaders want to train me?

1st off SHIN_MEGIDDO_X You already are traing me corecct? Well I figured I could spare some work by having other GOOD vader users help me.

So any good vaders want to bring a padawan under their wing?

Death Star - Discussion Sector

Mr_Takosuke, I merged your post into this thread. No need to make new threads for minor things such as your request. Let's try to keep this Soul Arena tidy. :)

But anyways, whenever I get back on PSN, I'll send you an invite so I can gauge your skill and give you any tips. For now make sure you read through the Soul Arena, there is a lot of important info scattered around here.

Death Star - Discussion Sector

Mr_Takosuke, I merged your post into this thread. No need to make new threads for minor things such as your request. Let's try to keep this Soul Arena tidy. :)

But anyways, whenever I get back on PSN, I'll send you an invite so I can gauge your skill and give you any tips. For now make sure you read through the Soul Arena, there is a lot of important info scattered around here.

Thanks but I only play on saturday and sunday so invite me then

Also may I add you as a friend? I'm not that great and I like to fight people better than me for experance

Also it says your from the country above U.S.A so are you from canada? Because thats were i'm from too.

Back