Original characters - with three color palettes each / SC6 cast edits ( true definitive version )

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
Shuten - warrior of the oni. The one who perfected the eyes of the dragon technique.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311190133.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311190615.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311190021.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311191657.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311190802.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311191302.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311190939.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210311191903.jpg

Katsu

[09] Warrior
Your use of color theory and stickers and patterns to give the illusion of additional layers outfits while retaining a clean silhouette is absolutely astounding.

It very much reminds me of SoulEdge & SoulCalibur 1-3 approach to character/outfit design and I'm all for it.

You deserve a hearty round of applause. I'm totally stealing some of these sticker placements.

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
Your use of color theory and stickers and patterns to give the illusion of additional layers outfits while retaining a clean silhouette is absolutely astounding.

It very much reminds me of SoulEdge & SoulCalibur 1-3 approach to character/outfit design and I'm all for it.

You deserve a hearty round of applause. I'm totally stealing some of these sticker placements.
Thank you! i appreciate the feedback💖 man, SCIII had the best outfit designs imo. sure, go ahead. i don't mind lol i'm really glad you like my creations👍

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
Hey guys, a little update- i'm gonna be away doing some construction work with my uncle. i won't be back until late August😥 i'll see you guys then💖💖💖

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
Hey guys, a little update- i'm gonna be away doing some construction work with my uncle. i won't be back until late August😥 i'll see you guys then💖💖💖
Best wishes, Glitch: take care of yourself and we'll look forward to seeing you--and what explodes out of your creative impulse after you've been away for so long!

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
A brief return! i made this design for 2B months ago but i'm just now posting it🤣 . i think it was around the same time that i improved my OC Kiara design. then a week later i created Shani using the same foundation. also this was suppose to be the Human Form of 2B - fan fiction
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210419161916.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210419162322.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210419162244.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210419163524.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210419163841.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210419163023.jpg

Last edited:

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
Splendid, Glitch: it really looks like a highly Cassie-appropriate attire, despite using much more muted colors than is typical for her design. I'm usually not one to nit-pick critique someone else's design, but have you considered halving the length of the zipper sticker, so that it only runs the length of the blue portion of her torso? I wonder if that might not emphasize, a little better, the effect of the top (matte grey) half looking like an independent breastplate, somewhat contiguous with the spaulder.

I'm not sure if the brown sticker itself is meant to have appearance of a piece of belting running over the breastplate and then across the abdomen. If so, it does kind of work (utilizing that technique you are so well known for here, raising the impression of depth out of contrasting flat textures and detail work), though the effect is only slightly spoiled by the fact that it attaches to that rather flimsy cord belt that is a part of that loincloth base equipment. But I wonder if the overall effect might not be better if the zipper sticker were shrank slightly and moved down so that it's top edge appears to run under/attach to the underside of the breastplate, and the bottom edge connected with the brown lateral segment near the horizontal line of the hips (the one which you have emphasized with the gold buttons using, I think, the pocket stickers). That way, whether the eye of the viewer interprets it as a) a belt, b) a revealed strip of a lower-level garment, or c) a colored strip of the cloth covering the abdomen, it looks natural regardless, and the breast plate might stand out even better.

That's just a myopic little observation, though--let me re-emphasize that regardless of technical workshopping chitchat on such a small detail, this is a really nice piece of work, regardless!

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
Splendid, Glitch: it really looks like a highly Cassie-appropriate attire, despite using much more muted colors than is typical for her design. I'm usually not one to nit-pick critique someone else's design, but have you considered halving the length of the zipper sticker, so that it only runs the length of the blue portion of her torso? I wonder if that might not emphasize, a little better, the effect of the top (matte grey) half looking like an independent breastplate, somewhat contiguous with the spaulder.

I'm not sure if the brown sticker itself is meant to have appearance of a piece of belting running over the breastplate and then across the abdomen. If so, it does kind of work (utilizing that technique you are so well known for here, raising the impression of depth out of contrasting flat textures and detail work), though the effect is only slightly spoiled by the fact that it attaches to that rather flimsy cord belt that is a part of that loincloth base equipment. But I wonder if the overall effect might not be better if the zipper sticker were shrank slightly and moved down so that it's top edge appears to run under/attach to the underside of the breastplate, and the bottom edge connected with the brown lateral segment near the horizontal line of the hips (the one which you have emphasized with the gold buttons using, I think, the pocket stickers). That way, whether the eye of the viewer interprets it as a) a belt, b) a revealed strip of a lower-level garment, or c) a colored strip of the cloth covering the abdomen, it looks natural regardless, and the breast plate might stand out even better.

That's just a myopic little observation, though--let me re-emphasize that regardless of technical workshopping chitchat on such a small detail, this is a really nice piece of work, regardless!
Thank you! @Rusted Blade you know, this design is pretty old. i made it back in March, but never posted it. i agree, if i made zipper sticker smaller it'll probably look much better. originally, it was intended to be a generic soldier amour design. i didn't really put much thought into it, hence why it was scrapped. i'm glad you like it tho - i might bring it back if i can make it look more presentable 👍