Original characters - with three color palettes each / SC6 cast edits ( true definitive version )

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
Oh crap: I forgot about the unlocking...I was going to buy a new copy on Steam (only ever owned it on XBOX 360 before) to facilitate the creation and photo snapping, but geez...that's going to be like a 20 hour commitment just to get the toolset unlocked.. Hm...
I mean, if you have the patience... go for it man. if you need advice: use Asta on quick battle mode to level up fast. his damage output is crazy on SC5 - but even then it's still tedious lol

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
I mean, if you have the patience... go for it man. if you need advice: use Asta on quick battle mode to level up fast. his damage output is crazy on SC5 - but even then it's still tedious lol
I'm not sure I have the patience: I've always been more a competitive play fan than a single player content grinder... I mean, I have unlocked everything on every game, but exactly once (except for SCII on account of HDO). That's a tall order of busy work before I can even get to the unfettered creating... If only the 360 had native screenshot support.

Interesting: kind of reminds me of a Final Fantasy Red Mage-inspired design I was working on a while back, but never quite brought together. For some reason, the playback on that video is derping out on me, but I suspect it's a good fit of moveset and design (although in the case of my similar design, I went with Geralt, since it the allusion was meant to be a full-on reference design) and that was a good fit in that respect.

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
I'm not sure I have the patience: I've always been more a competitive play fan than a single player content grinder... I mean, I have unlocked everything on every game, but exactly once (except for SCII on account of HDO). That's a tall order of busy work before I can even get to the unfettered creating... If only the 360 had native screenshot support.

Interesting: kind of reminds me of a Final Fantasy Red Mage-inspired design I was working on a while back, but never quite brought together. For some reason, the playback on that video is derping out on me, but I suspect it's a good fit of moveset and design (although in the case of my similar design, I went with Geralt, since it the allusion was meant to be a full-on reference design) and that was a good fit in that respect.
The playback not working for you? aww man, i wish you can see her in motion. everything looks flawless when she moves - the equipment doesn't clip through her or anything. Now, you said her design reminds you of a final fantasy mage? you are so close😁 i based her design off of Freya form FFIX and Maleficent from sleeping beauty. 👇
1_ANGELINA-JOLIE-MALEFICENT-2014jpgAlamy.jpg

Freya_FFIX_Art.jpg

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
The playback not working for you? aww man, i wish you can see her in motion. everything looks flawless when she moves - the equipment doesn't clip through her or anything. Now, you said her design reminds you of a final fantasy mage? you are so close😁 i based her design off of Freya form FFIX and Maleficent from sleeping beauty. 👇
View attachment 91709
View attachment 91710
Oh, awesome! I tried to create Freya myself as one of my last SCVI creation efforts, but I didn't much care for the results, so it went into the massive "never share this" pile of discarded projects, lol. But under the circumstances, I'll have to see about digging it up and showing you. But yeah, the first thing I thought of when I saw the design (albeit in static state) was a FF Red Mage aesthetic. It's the headgear, the color, and the pose in particular, I think. I'll have to dig up and polish my take on that concept as well: it wasn't half bad--just one of the dozen unfinished projects when my SCVI creative momentum fell off in the middle of last year.

Edit: Just looked at Parisa in motion on another device: you're right: she does look great in action! The voice though...a little different.

Last edited:

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
I'm just now appreciating what you did with Ivy's hair here, Glitch--really, brilliant, I have to say: I bet you had one of those "nailed it!" moments when you started to see how well that approach was working out, huh? In fact, this is one of the most regal takes on Ivy I have seen, while still leaning into her prototypical look (albeit with the unmistakeable bent of your distinctive style). It's really a well balanced approach of faithful and original elements.

Glitch-mode22

[11] Champion
I'm just now appreciating what you did with Ivy's hair here, Glitch--really, brilliant, I have to say: I bet you had one of those "nailed it!" moments when you started to see how well that approach was working out, huh? In fact, this is one of the most regal takes on Ivy I have seen, while still leaning into her prototypical look (albeit with the unmistakeable bent of your distinctive style). It's really a well balanced approach of faithful and original elements.
Ay! thank you so much😁 yeah, once i got hair done - i was like: Wow! that actually looks legit lol i was meant to recreate her SC2 P2 design, but it didn't work out for me. but with this design, i ditched the gold and went with silver instead. i should've did that from the start lol thanks again💗

Rusted Blade

[14] Master

So, I want to make a compliment here, but I feel like I have to package it with a caveat so that I am certain it is clear just what I am complimenting. First off, I like Fade on the whole: she has a real campy 70's sci-fi flick aesthetic going for her which I do find very entertaining, but if there is one element that sort of threatens to throw the whole design for me, it's the underboob cleavage panel. It's not a prudish thing (I have no objection to a little skin here and there in a character design) but rather a suspension of disbelief factor: that's just not a realstic design that any woman could wear without constantly falling out of (or at least feeling a definite lack of support from), let alone a well-endowed woman locked in life-or-death combat. One might say that nitpicking relating to Soulcalibur attire on the basis of realism, of all things, is the most silly kind of pedanticism possible, and I'd have to grant that point as valid. Still, I can't look at that without my brain processing it to reach the conclusion: no way that would be practical clothing for a Cardi B music video, let alone combat! :D

That said, that fat paragraph of critique is just there to contextualize what I am about to say next: because one of the elements I like most in this design is....the underboob cleavage, lol. Perhaps I should clarify: I don't think it augments this design on an aesthetic level, for the reasons described above. I'd much rather see this retro sci-fi badass without feeling like she is going to have to hold a hand to her chest while she slaughters the post apocalyptic biker gang or sci-fi vampires or whatever it is she is here to kick the ass of! (Edit: Oh, that's right, demons! ;) But on a technical level, I'm as impressed as always by your attention to detail: because not only am I not 100% certain how you achieved that effect while customizing the lower bodice/corset, but I'm also noting that you texturized the clothing above and bellow the panel to look like it is folding back against the skin under the pressure of the strain, and then you leveraged the pocket stickers to create stitching on the garment, simulating a sense of depth and the sense of separate pieced-together elements for the clothing: small details that could be easily overlooked but which make the final effect register as more natural to the eye.

I really am continually impressed by your innovation using the limited editor tools and the meticulousness with which you approach your stuff, and hope you understand the criticism above is mostly there so I can compliment what I like about this feature (on a technical level) while being honest about what doesn't work for me about it, and without it seeming like I am just drooling over the salacious aspect. Because overall, the detail work and the nostalgia factor on this design do work for me. And bear in mind that I'm also the same person who created a female minotaur with six breasts because it both tickled my sense of the absurd and also seemed (in a bizarre way) to be the most reasonable thing in the world. So who am I to nitpick on the topic in question...

Last edited: