Original characters - with three color palettes each / SC6 cast edits ( true definitive version )

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
I find it to be extremely disturbing that someone who hasn't demonstrated not even a tenth of your talent is a savant in analyizing your creation to this degree of scrutiny which airs on the said of admonishment. To go in-depth to this extend is clearly a sign of jealousy and envy.
First off Jay, no one here gives half a s*** about your assessment of our relative skills. Your entire tenure on these forums has been defined by a toxic attempt to suck up to the guy you perceived was considered the best and to ride his coat-tails by declaring yourself second only to him in terms of talent, and then needlessly introducing negative sentiments and pointless, petty conflict into pre-existing, good-natured discussion amongst the veterans of this forum, who would otherwise be enjoying themselves here in a spirit of friendly discourse about technique.

And here's the fundamental truth, bro: you're not that good. I can name off of the top of my head at least 20 contributors here in just the the last few years who have demonstrated a much more substantial, sustained, varied, and technically demanding body of shared content than you. I've seen another couple dozen at HappyColour's site that impress more with ten images than you have with your entire corpus thus far. And I don't spend a lot of time on Reddit, but the principle of proportionality suggests there must be more than a hundred contributors there with more impressive work. Dude, you churn out vague Transformers facsimiles, WWE wrestlers, and Dragon Ball mock-ups. I'm not saying your technique doesn't show promise, but seriously: get back to me with your ranking list when you shown the least bit of originality in your work. Until then, will you please just shut the hell up about it?

Because the rest of us are tired of hearing about it. Seriously, in addition to the fact that you've been explicitly told about this in threads, and repeatedly asked to stop trying to stir the s***, trust me that it also goes around in DMs whenever you show up. There are even people who just don't want to get involved with Gatsu's threads any more because of the energy you bring into those discussions and the fact that he, being the one person who you might listen to, doesn't call it out more. Seriously dude--you're doing that to the threads of one of the most well regarded contributors here. Imagine how little people want to go to your threads, and maybe stop to consider a different approach to your interactions here than always having to play this ranking game of attacking people you don't like (and at random) so that you can compare them to someone else and you can slip in comments implying your own relative skill. Seriously, it's such a transparently desperate mechanism for trying to bootstrap your reputation, and you must be aware on some level that you are doing it.

Having addressed the context of your latest little flame-baiting comment, let me address the core of its sentiment: Glitch and I are friends--or at least I'd like to think the term applies here, despite our interactions being limited to this one place--and we've been sharing thoughts on eachother's work consistently for ages, both on eachother's threads and through DM. I think we get along as much because of our mutual respect for eachother's civility and warm expressions of collaboration as for any other reason, but the dynamic between us is also shaped by the fact that we respect gifts in each other that the other does not have, and we surprise eachother with what we do. Far from being generally critical of Glitch's style, I think he's one of the best creators here.

Because he does things which are truly unique, and that's probably the hardest thing to do, given the constraints of the editor we are all working with. Now there are some people who do things which surprise and even occasionally make me scratch my head with object work: Vilarcane, Superdurand, Gatsu, Umbra4Life and I myself, to name a few, all have a certain attraction to this avenue for innovation. And of course good surface work can make or break a design, no matter how restrained or experimental it is. But who else uses stickers to simulate entirely novel outfit appearance from existing assets like Glitch does? He has as distinct a style as any one single person in the extended community. He's like 8WR's Andy Warhol. :)

I shared those sentiments (or most of them anyway) with Glitch just the other day, and there has never been anything other than cordiality and pleasant exchanges between the two of us. Which is why it is so obnoxious that you went out of your way to reach back through all of the gushing comments passing between us to find a comment where I share an opinion on a niche technical/style point, so you can try to start a shitstorm merely because it might afford you the chance to insert comments about your own ranking along the way. Again, get out of here with that sad s***: 1) Glitch isn't being torn down by me in any sense: we are friends talking about our shared (and yes, occasionally divergent) tastes in aesthetics and approaches to technique. and 2) Even if I was attacking him, trust me, he wouldn't need you to defend himself. None of us do--no one is ever asking you to be this self-appointed enforcer of whether or not someone is talented enough to be allowed to interact with the person whose ass you currently have your nose up. So please find another way to be here, because we've all got your number now with regard to this pattern.

Glitch, my friend: I apologize for the volume of this post in your thread. Let me know if you want me to collapse it or some such.

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
A different type of Parisa. (reincarnation)
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220315171819.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220315171659.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220315173148.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220315174313.jpg

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
Beastly! These are my favorite of all of your designs, this recent series of hybrid builds where you use your signature sticker work, but just slightly more reservedly, and combine it with other surface and object work for multiple layers of depth. This one, your Siegfried above, and (on the previous page) your 'King of Lizardmen', 'John the Spirit Warrior', the Takis (particularly that last one), the Raphael, and the Nightmare, all exhibit a kind development of your stable signature to something that adds further grit and a further feeling of substance/weight. There's really not anything in the above design that you haven't experimented with before, but here it's all brought to bear together in layers and beautifully balanced from your experience, with fine attention to detail. Some of the best features can almost be missed if you aren't looking really closely, which I think actually speaks well for the quality. For example, the double fold on the breast plate and just the slightest variance of the angle. Wow--so smart! I didn't even realize it wasn't your old one piece variant on this idea until I had looked at the images a dozen times. I really do think a lot of your recent designs have been among your best yet!

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
What a very gothic take on Azwell: I had no idea that Adept's Sleeves became so voluminous on certain characters--I'm going to have to remember that! Very clever way to leverage the Strategist's Bodysuit as well: as usual, your sticker work breathes new life into otherwise niche equipment assets!
Thank you! yeah, the gothic look was inspired by games like: blood omen / soul reaver. it actually took me a while to make that design too.

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
I really like Eirik and Dark Seraphina both: darker colors really suite your style well, I think! I'm not sure whether the most recent Dark Seraphina is meant to be the "correct" version, or if she is a fallen angel and both versions are meant to be her at different points in the process, but I like the idea of the latter! In any event, it's one of my all time favorite demonesque designs that I've seen. Speaking of Shakespearean thematics (as we just were in my thread), she's got a bit of Demona from 'Gorgoyles' vibe to her: that show was a bit after my time, so I'm not sure if that character was a hero, antihero, or outright villain, but there's definitely an overlap in the visual aesthetic. Two thumbs up!

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
Thank you! i'm really happy with how she turned out😁 okay, here's a short story: Seraphina was one of the elite angels to go up against Odon. he defeated her and spared her life, only to turn her into one of his demon lieutenants. Eirik, who was also slain by Odon's army, was brought back to life by some enchantress. he later finds out that it was Parisa that brought him back. she reveals to him that Odon is her creation, and that he must be stop before he plunges the world into darkness.
so, Parisa knows a spell that can reanimate dead corpses. her husband passed away from an illness year prior. and she tried to bring him back to life, but something went wrong. he came back as ------ i'll let you fill in the blank lol

but yeah, design wise? Seraphina is one of favorite female OCs right now. by far my most clever pattern / sticker work. it felt like i was playing Tetris moving patterns and stickers around tho 😂 also, i do remember Gargoyles lol even tho i was like five years old when it aired

Last edited:

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
he came back as ------ i'll let you fill in the blank lol
I think the answer is 'Lingering Soul', but I want you to say 'King o' Lizardmen'. :P

but yeah, design wise? Seraphina is one of favorite female OCs right now. by far my most clever pattern / sticker work. it felt like i was playing Tetris moving patterns and stickers around tho 😂
Haha, believe me, I've been feeling that game a lot lately myself! It's even worse when you are working on body, object and equipment details at the same time: man, especially when you are working on console, but indeed in all versions, you really, really, really begin to appreciate how poorly the interface for SCVI's editor was designed when you have to go up three menu levels and back down three (each one taking several seconds to load), rather than having the option to make one lateral move, like you could in SCIV and SCV, often as not! This is really something that needs to get better attention in SCVII: I've probably lost an hour or three from life just in time wasted on menu transitions for SCVI creation work, lol!

also, i do remember Gargoyles lol even tho i was like five years old when it aired
Ha! Now you're making me feel like the old man of the forum again: ironically, my main memory of that show was good-naturedly busting my buddy's chops because he was way too old to be such a big fan of it!

superdurand

[12] Conqueror
thank you for those kind compliments...It is true that the work on the objects/ExEq are key pieces to give a final and personal touch to our own designs...even if some are questionable for their usefulness. On the whole of SC6, I am mixed by this too early stop to put an end to the DLC for these characters, costumes... which could bring a lot to our creations. Alas the judgment has accelerated the lack of interest in this game. It's a shame. But I keep smiling, I can always devote myself to improving characters and I still surprise myself for the design of certain creations. I still spend a lot of hours having fun, even if this game doesn't focus many people anymore... There will always be the fans of the first hours.

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
Ay! thank you guys so much💗 @Rusted Blade @superdurand. i think the reason why my latest designs look slightly different than usual is because: i've been feeling heavily restricted on SC6 cas mode lately, and it's forcing me to improvise a lot. i would say that the SCVII Taki, Nightmare, Azwel design was me improvising 100%. but when i made the updated versions of Eirik, Seraphina, Odon i was brainstorming around 4:00 am in the mourning😆 i'm just glad i still got some ideas lol i thought i would've burnt myself out by now

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
Ay! thank you guys so much💗 @Rusted Blade @superdurand. i think the reason why my latest designs look slightly different than usual is because: i've been feeling heavily restricted on SC6 cas mode lately, and it's forcing me to improvise a lot.
Well, it's a bit on the nose in this case, but "necessity is the the mother of Creation" afterall. :) I mean, really, that's one of the fun parts of the doing CaS as opposed to a more free-form artistic exercise: there's plenty of characters that I just give up on because I decide if I'm ever going to do the concept justice, I'd rather model in proper software or just sketch it out. But part of the fun of CaS is finding something a way to synergize the design process with the tools, but also exploring the boundaries of what is possible with novel use of those limited assets and parameters. I think your stuff has always been creative with regard to sticker work, from the very beginning, but I agree that in terms of overall creativity, these most recent ones have been the most overall ambitious.

superdurand

[12] Conqueror
Your work is always meticulous with the stickers.
The use of batwings is well thought out for TAVEN's armor. The small defect for me is the shorty effect that you sketched with the sticker which penalizes the dark effect of your character.
Very nice skilful combination for the lovely KASUMI. Small preference in purple.
CORATH's visual is classic, and effective for the malevolent character's style.

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
The use of batwings is well thought out for TAVEN's armor. The small defect for me is the shorty effect that you sketched with the sticker which penalizes the dark effect of your character.
I understand what you are saying here, but I had the exact opposite reaction to that little detail when seeing it: for me, that little white-ish strip actually helps make this probably the best version I have seen yet of the breastplate engineered from the batwing, because it added to the sense of depth, texture, and contour for the breastplate: honestly, if I didn't already know what I was looking at, I would just assume that breastplate was another equipment asset, and not an ExEq, and I think the bonemeal-white strip there is a part of that perception that is is a refined asset. And although I think there were other colors that could have been used there, because the white is neutral in a chromatic sense, I don't think it clashes too much with the darker tone of the overall design.

But, as you implied yourself, it's clearly a matter of taste more than technique, in any event. :) All that said, Glitch often uses a color palette that draws on colors other creators don't use so much: teals and low saturation yellows, oranges, blues, and violets. Undoubtedly, part of that is getting the contrast right for his sticker work and some of it presumably also his personal taste. I suspect the white in this case may be more the former than the latter. I definitely like the first version more than the second: personally, I'd love to see a gold metal work and red enamel/fabric version of this (in basically the same pattern as the bronze and teal version).

Last edited: