Original characters - with three color palettes each / SC6 cast edits ( true definitive version )

superdurand

[12] Conqueror
I understand what you are saying here, but I had the exact opposite reaction to that little detail when seeing it: for me, that little white-ish strip actually helps make this probably the best version I have seen yet of the breastplate engineered from the batwing, because it added to the sense of depth, texture, and contour for the breastplate: honestly, if I didn't already know what I was looking at, I would just assume that breastplate was another equipment asset, and not an ExEq, and I think the bonemeal-white strip there is a part of that perception that is is a refined asset. And although I think there were other colors that could have been used there, because the white is neutral in a chromatic sense, I don't think it clashes too much with the darker tone of the overall design.

But, as you implied yourself, it's clearly a matter of taste more than technique, in any event. :) All that said, Glitch often uses a color palette that draws on colors other creators don't use so much: teals and low saturation yellows, oranges, blues, and violets. Undoubtedly, part of that is getting the contrast right for his sticker work and some of it presumably also his personal taste. I suspect the white in this case may be more the former than the latter. I definitely like the first version more than the second: personally, I'd love to see a gold metal work and red enamel/fabric version of this (in basically the same pattern as the bronze and teal version).
I expressed myself badly, the realization of the breastplate is very good with the addition of the small white line which gives relief...I evoked the illusion of the underwear with this "shorty" effect and the use of stickers 31 "the zipper". I know knowingly that the stickers on this part of the body are frustrating and singularly limit my creativity concerning me.
I like GLITCH for its audacity in the use of stickers and its colors which contrast with accuracy. Colors shunned by the community, give here a welcome refreshment that demonstrates all the existing potential... He handles colors wonderfully, and it's not always easy to associate them with taste. And me too, I am sensitive to this painting which embellishes it is a beautiful creation

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
I evoked the illusion of the underwear with this "shorty" effect and the use of stickers 31 "the zipper".
Oh, gotcha--je comprends maitenant! Yeah, the little garter straps.

I like GLITCH for its audacity in the use of stickers and its colors which contrast with accuracy. Colors shunned by the community, give here a welcome refreshment that demonstrates all the existing potential...
I couldn't have said it better myself! I often see Glitch's stuff and think "How detailed, and creative, and resourceful...But it would never even occur to me to use those colors!" That's not the case for all of them, but a significant portion for sure: I feel like Glitch very frequently uses the same color pallette as 50's pop art--and that almost feels like it shouldn't work, but he makes it work!

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
Another scrapped design.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220405150202.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220405151913.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220405150318.jpg

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
yeah, i felt like it was the right call. even now when i look at it , i still feel the same way.
Well, afterall, that is what matters most, in the final analysis!

Another scrapped design.
This one has so much going for it! The overall design is really gritty and believable: I like how you have adapted some of the equipment usually meant to be an approximation of Roman legionnaire kit, but tweaked it to look more typical of hellenic or asia minor armament--or maybe still roman, but gladiatorial. For example, the visor on the plummed helm, and the change from outright embolism on the cheastpiece to something that looks like leather relief. The color and texturing is really good, especially on the leather portions; the overall subdued color scheme makes those splashes of red very effective. It's a shame that the belt, with it's leather fauld-like features, isn't bigger--as I recall there was a bigger version in SCIV, but this thing replaced it in SCV and has never felt adequate. But you gotta work with what you got, so hot pants here is ok in my book, even if it does sometimes look like he is posing for a calender of male models. I still wouldn't mess with him! ;)

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention, your Taven design has inspired me to do one extra concept as an update/very alternative take on something from a couple of years back, before I really take a pause of the cause afterwards: not sure when I may complete it, and thereafter may not have time even to contribute many thoughts in discussion next few weeks, but rest assured I will be checking in and admiring what you guys are doing! But first, I'm actually pretty excited to dig someone up and see how he is doing. :)

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
Well, afterall, that is what matters most, in the final analysis!

This one has so much going for it! The overall design is really gritty and believable: I like how you have adapted some of the equipment usually meant to be an approximation of Roman legionnaire kit, but tweaked it to look more typical of hellenic or asia minor armament--or maybe still roman, but gladiatorial. For example, the visor on the plummed helm, and the change from outright embolism on the cheastpiece to something that looks like leather relief. The color and texturing is really good, especially on the leather portions; the overall subdued color scheme makes those splashes of red very effective. It's a shame that the belt, with it's leather fauld-like features, isn't bigger--as I recall there was a bigger version in SCIV, but this thing replaced it in SCV and has never felt adequate. But you gotta work with what you got, so hot pants here is ok in my book, even if it does sometimes look like he is posing for a calender of male models. I still wouldn't mess with him! ;)

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention, your Taven design has inspired me to do one extra concept as an update/very alternative take on something from a couple of years back, before I really take a pause of the cause afterwards: not sure when I may complete it, and thereafter may not have time even to contribute many thoughts in discussion next few weeks, but rest assured I will be checking in and admiring what you guys are doing! But first, I'm actually pretty excited to dig someone up and see how he is doing. :)
HAHAHAH! you said he looks like he's posing for a calendar... now, that's hilarious 😂
I mean, i like his design, but something just seems off with it. oh, Taven inspired you? nice!! i can't wait to see what you're cooking up.
Yeah, SCIV had some cool equipment- i can't even remember the chars i made on there tho lol
Ahh, the Necromancer. i really like that design, he reminds me of the necromancers on Blood Omen.

Last edited:

Rusted Blade

[14] Master

Glitch-mode22

[12] Conqueror
Dude, this has to be the best Maxi custom I have ever seen. Just superb: so detailed and clean and consistent with the character's usual aesthetic while being unique on a level that basically makes it look like it could be an official variant. Serious props on this one!
Many thanks bro😁 i usually struggle with the dragon stickers - i guess i got lucky this time lol
I'm happy with results, it pretty much looks the way i envisioned it.

Last edited:

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
YOU ARE DEAD MAN! STOP MAKING MORE SC7 CHARACTERS! THEY ARE MY IDEA! PLEASE DELETE ALL OF YOUR UGLY CAS FROM THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW!!

Tashiro, you can't really claim ownership of the idea of speculating about what characters might look like in a future game: it's kind of inevitable that people would do that. But above all, you can't be threatening people dude: that's a pretty quick way to get yourself permanently banned. And beyond that, getting that worked up over creations--in any context--demonstrates a serious lack of perspective.

Seriously, if you're really going to attach that much value to superficial labels for the designs themselves, then you should just embrace the fact that other people work in a similar conceptual area as encouragement to up your game. Be a friendly rival and get the free benefit of a yardstick to measure your own content against, and additional perspectives on what does and does not work in that theme: it's all upside if you have the right attitude, and nothing but downside if you try to be irrationally possessive and gatekeeping about it. You just don't have the right to dictate what other people do with their art just because it happens to coincide with what you want to do. That would be true even if it was a really niche concept, but here, where the idea is one that many people might reasonably be expected to take a hand at, it is especially nonsensical.

That sounds like an interesting idea actually! We should ALL post some of our takes on SC7. I'd love to see what you all think it could look like. @Rusted Blade @NitricZenith @superdurand

Oh shit, did I not mention it? All of my cast customs are actually SCVII creations. This is awkward...

BootsyRollins

[06] Combatant
Oh shit, did I not mention it? All of my cast customs are actually SCVII creations. This is awkward...
Oh wow, you're way ahead of the curve my dude. Excellent foresight!

Tashiro, you can't really claim ownership of the idea of speculating about what characters might look like in a future game: it's kind of inevitable that people would do that. But above all, you can't be threatening people dude: that's a pretty quick way to get yourself permanently banned. And beyond that, getting that worked up over creations--in any context--demonstrates a serious lack of perspective.
------------
Now now, no need for the lengthy greeting. Especially since TiraRules should know all of this already anyway.

KostasGR

[14] Master
More like TiraDoesn'tFollowRules amirite?

He is a psycho, toxic troll with no talent in creation and he thinks that everyone of us want to steal his creation ideas! He has no life and it's obvious that he has a serious problem! Sorry if I look biting but long ago he had threated and bullied me here in 8wayrun and in Twitter and also he did the same to Gatsu! I still have our conversations chat. He still blocked me, and I still block him, but I see that he created another account with the name Tashiro, OMG!
BTW don't feel bad about his words to you my bro, he lives in his own stupid world! Keep it up the good work!

Last edited:

NitricZenith

[07] Duelist
He is a psycho, toxic troll with no talent in creation and he thinks that everyone of us want to steal his creation ideas! He has no life and it's obvious that he has a serious problem! Sorry if I look bad but long ago he threated and bullied me here in 8wayrun and in Twitter and also he did the same to Gatsu! I still have our conversations chat. He still blocked me, and I still block him, but I see that he created another account with the name Tashiro, OMG!
BTW don't feel bad about his words to you my bro, he is leaving in his own stupid world! Keep it up the good work!
Yeah I am very aware of how he behaves as I moderate a few of the CaS spaces he has been active in/has posted in before and have seen first hand how he can be when he feels people have done something first which he wanted to do himself, or in Discord he kept complaining when nobody commented on his CaS, for example. I'm not sure what he feels he is gaining in behaving in this manner, but each to their own I guess?

I'm also unsure how active the moderators are here so whether anything happens is another matter, until then I guess we just remain vigilant?
Keep up the good work Glitch you already know how much your CaS is appreciated in multiple spaces. <3