OSV Interview With SOULCALIBUR V Sound Team

Original Sound Version has published an exclusive interview that they conducted with the people behind the sound and music for SOULCALIBUR V. In the interview, OSV provides a profile on each of the key members behind the award-winning team composed of international talent as they discuss their role for SOULCALIBUR V and the work that goes into making the amazing sound that this game has.

Also, the Collector’s Edition of the SOULCALIBUR V Original Soundtrack is still available for pre-order, which you can order by clicking here.

415342_10150599287205380_46560525379_11395921_376322361_o.jpg
scv_ost_fix.jpg

Article
Creative Intelligence Arts
Eminence Symphony Orchestra

It’s a really amazing project that they’ve put together, no doubt. Since I’m already getting a sampler in the CE game, though, I’m going to wait to hear all the cues in-game before deciding whether to spring for the CE OST.

All these composers deserve mad respect. Namco did right by recruiting this numerous and diverse set from different gaming and musical backgrounds. Each one took the time to get to know the characters, story, and thematic expectations of a fighting game.
It can be hard for composers interested in gaming, because game companies almost never employ full-time composers dedicated to their projects (sound directors generally only oversee the work of others). For Namco to land the high-school kid this gig is an extremely fortunate blessing to his career. I wish I could have that luck (a bit more skill and experience might help too).

Anyways, can't wait to hear all the music over and over again with varying levels of attention given to it

"Favorite SOULCALIBUR Character:
From a music standpoint as well as character standpoint, it will be Mitsurugi. Mitsurugi’s theme song “Duelists” that I created when I first became in charge of SOULCALIBUR is a song I have strong feelings for. From SOULEDGE, Mitsurugi’s theme in the SOULCALIBUR series uses the phrase “DEFAD~” and for this has been continued in the fifth installment as well so please look forward to listening to it."

Junichi! Arigato!

The moment I heard the music playing behind the Sieg v NM cinematic, I knew for sure I'd be putting down money to get the OST. Sound team definitely deserve some props, we tend to overlook the hard work of these groups of talented people all too easily.

The OST is amazing, and so are the sound effects. A new quality in SC series. Each weapon has its own unique sound effect on block and hit, looks like they have redone almost everything, including the GI sound effect.

Junichi's sound team always puts a smile on my face when I listen to their music. They do deserve more recognition for their hard work. The sound effects and music give the game that ancient feel to it.

Thanks SC sound team!!!

I am so glad that this is on the front page. I love video game music and to see attention being brought to the not only to the music itself but the people behind it is a fantastic thing.

Good shit.

I think the soundtrack from the CE has selected music, instead the full version has everything like: character's bgm, story interludes, menu music, etc.

Just the character select screen makes me want to sit there and listen to it. I can only imagine the music we haven't heard yet!!! Love this series music sooooooo much.
Edit: Also, it's $85 for it. I can't get it now but I will someday. D=

Yeah I am really proud of the musical work that was put into this game!

Also if history is fortunate enough to repeat itself these songs might be in the next game too! woohoo!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back