Pat at small disadvantage

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
Patroklos has lots of ways to force small disadvantage or even frames on block. These situations are often exploitable on a matchup to matchup basis. A classic example is Sophie from 1-4 could 4B into -2 forced crouch and then 2A... Most character had to use a move that A+B would counter in order to beat the 2A.

So looking at Pat you have -2 from 66B and 44A
-3 forced crouch from 22B and 44B
0 from 1B

A+B stops an assortment of fast mids like 2A... I'm packing to goto MLG so what do you guys think about the possibilities of pressure after getting these moves blocked?

Entirely legit thinking. It's really how I play all the time with Pat. Those setups; and things like 66A being only -6 on block, thus B+K crushes any high option, and you have step, A+B, etc. Force them to use linear attacks/kicks, then start using Pat's "infinite GI"; meter GI, 66B combo. Make sure you do an attack to guess tech (even if it's just 2B into another -6 setup) and it'll refund 100% of the meter, and once again (assuming the 2B is blocked) you're back into the SAME situation, all meter retained.

Best of luck!!

stepping, pressure or jg are great options off of those moves. dont forget about 4b; hits high, -4 on block, +10 on hit, great crush.

a+b is -3 on block

Your going to enjoy using him.

Can't count on A+B being blocked by anyone good. 4B is high, slowish and linear but it's possible to throw it in there. We need a list of what frames each TC'ing move starts it's TC on. Is this in an existing guide or do I need to lab?

tmi imo. a+b does get blocked just dont rely on it. 4b works, i was using it against mick. just be smart with it.

1b qs 22a w! throw! so easy and so painful.

Once Pat gets going, it can be scary... he can put you into 50/50~ situations and just take all your life if you guess wrong.

After 66B, 66B+K, 236K immediately input a throw. Safe if they stay down, a solid attempt if they stand into a guard. Ducking is an issue... but that's what you're trying to get them to do... now open the mids back up. If they always stay down and you know it, 236K ground hit for damage and meter. 2B is always a solid ground option, as once hit by it, you can keep doing it over and over until they are forced to stand and guard. More mix-ups there as 2B on block just leads to more setups, going back to Brewtus' original point.

maybe a "system" question:
are pats many tc moves hitbox dependant (character/situation specific) or are some very strong so you can lean on them in basic strats?

First of all Just starting to pick up Pat and really liking what I see. How viable is his 44 b+k on small disadvantage? It has nice BS and can make a lot of quick interupt moves whiff. I know it not something to depend every time but is it viable to use this?

No.

44B+K has a horrible hitbox that whiffs inappropriately. The backstep is not in the league of a Mitsu 4B or Leixia 44B. Your risk/reward is much better if you backstep~66B, if it gets blocked, you can 66B again, or backstep again.

It's one of those "once every six months" moves. If you can make it work, more power to you, but it's just not good enough for me.

I will sometimes 44B+K if opponent is in a corner and I'm confident they'll tech. I've seen them side tech but the walls just make the move connect. Didn't really lab it because it's still gimmicky.

Back