Patroklos General Chat

66B is the only move that i'd put as a "problem move" because the risk/reward becomes too retarded.
Well, lots of moves in the game are like this. Like Viola SET 3B, or Algol 66B, aPat 33B...

66B is strong, yes. That makes people step.

3A is slow, 66A is slow, 236A(B) is unsafe. Pat's anti-step (esp. at midrange) is not particularly good, it just does its job.

maybe drop the kick below 20 damage so roachy unseeable lows actually suffer a bit from the orange-hp bar reduction.
actually, 1K does get cut by "guts", at that point I usually use 2A+B instead if I can get close enough to hit it.

20 pts seems fair to me considering it is -18.

People get around my "broken" stuff all of the time. Maybe I just have a problem with the word.

A skewed risk/reward tool doesn't win the game for you, it's just a very good tool. I know multiple players that (unfortunately for me) are good at bypassing these...

Well, lots of moves in the game are like this. Like Viola SET 3B, or Algol 66B, aPat 33B...
Its easier to deal with moves like those when you have one of your own. Even then I'd say pat's 66B is the strongest in your list when considering damage (both meter and unmetered), safety and range despite being slower.

actually, 1K does get cut by "guts", at that point I usually use 2A+B instead if I can get close enough to hit it.
Yes its exactly 20 damage I misread that.

A skewed risk/reward tool doesn't win the game for you, it's just a very good tool.

I think the point we're not exactly addressing is when a move is "retardedly good" as opposed to just a "very good tool".
Due to the nature of accepting nerfs, only significantly material changes should be done on retardedly good moves and I think 66B is one of those moves.

Still out of the fray 66B is his best poking tool from mid screen and when people have great poke tools why take his away? He isn't broken by any means and to say he is (not saying you are) is just stupid really. Unlike Pyrrha pat poke game is truly limited and when 66B is practically his best one you might as well let the man keep it.

Honestly, people just look at the risk/reward of damage on hit/unsafety on block. Considering verticals are meant to be stepped, the risk/reward for 66B is pretty much balanced (80 damage on hit, risk of 40~100 damage on hit depending on the opponent's character). The RO potential with CE is somewhat absurd and the wonky hitbox on one side that makes it harder to step punish are the biggest issues with it, in my opinion. At 66B's tip range (the ideal range you should be fighting against Pat at), Pat's stepkills are limited to 66A (i25; you can cancel 8wayrun into G on reaction) and 236AB (less range than 66A, unsafe on both hits).

Now, if it was a horizontal attack, then I could understand the complaints, but I don't understand why people insist on nerfing the block frames of moves that are meant to be sidestepped for punishes. If Pat had Cerv's 1AB, that'd make sense, but his antistep is average, below average outside of 44A range.

Hum guess is cuz lost Cassandra and he is the closest char to her, and sword and shield are so good

Only one that does a back flip while saying "Fear my...SKILLS!". And his win quotes are some serious troll material.

Because CE ringouts are hilarious on the raft stage and the cave stage with the triangle island (idk what they are actually called)

tumblr_m30v8yJYu81rnxeqjo1_400.gif

Sorry, but I couldn't help but notice a lot of online scrubs trying to attack me after I 1K. I check with BB after a confirmed 1K. If they get hit by BB then I check again with BB. I've gone through entire rounds with people who just refuse to block. One person even called me cheap. Then I said "GG's but if you wanna win then learn to block." While do prefer fighting competent players rather than scrubs, I do get a slightly warm feeling when scrubs refuse to learn. As a lot of tourney players suggest: "If it works, abuse it until it doesn't" I never knew being so cheap would make me all happy.

Back